Search this Thread

Old 11-15-06, 12:54 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Jericho - "Crossroads" - 11/15/06

"Crossroads"
Spoiler:
The residents of Jericho realize they need a plan to keep intruders out; on the day she and Roger had intended to marry, Emily imagines how the wedding would have been.
Old 11-15-06, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh jesus. Not another wedding drama. Shoot her in the head and be done with it.
Old 11-15-06, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Well if the town could break out all the Halloween decorations and pumpkins... Then I'm sure they can host one hell of a wedding celebration.
Old 11-15-06, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
posts I made on another forum during the show

oh man, the "only one bridge into town" bullshit. I might buy that for an island, but not a town in the middle of kansas
the people on the other side wouldn't really be on their own, or do these shit heads not have any boats to ferry supplies across with?
"you'll be cut off"
what, he can't swim?

there better be some gun play to redeem this episode
Old 11-15-06, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Being in that bar makes people go stupid in the head.
Old 11-15-06, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Are there huge rivers in western Kansas that don't have bridge crossings for many miles?
Old 11-15-06, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
Is this episode worth watching? I just labored through last weeks this morning and I don't know if I have it in me to go on. I was trying to make it to the fall finale but I just don't know if I can do it.
Old 11-15-06, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Domestic conflicts, bullies on the highway (with appropriate testosterone displays), wedding fantasies .... somehow they've managed to take an exciting series concept and turn it into something even cornier than Kansas.
Old 11-15-06, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 349 Posts
Tonight's Morse Code Message: This episode written by chimps

There's nothing wrong with this show that a laugh track couldn't fix.
Old 11-16-06, 01:09 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
The wedding dream was dumb, even for this show.
Old 11-16-06, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 349 Posts
Where's Groucho's 3-line review??
Old 11-16-06, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
That ep was a little weak, even for Jericho standards.

Next week, however, looks promising.......
Old 11-16-06, 08:43 AM

I can't tell you how lucky the town was that that one guy showed up with his shotgun and his 2 friends...........
Old 11-16-06, 08:53 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Well, I have to hand it to them. This show is probably the first piece of fiction to feature somebody fussing over their missed wedding in a post-apocalyptic situation. So kudos for being original, I suppose.

On the other hand, NOBODY WANTS TO SEE THAT.

As bad as this show is, I have a new tagline for them that might keep people watching: "Hey, it's better than Day Break".
Old 11-16-06, 10:18 AM
Banned

Man this show sucks. They kept making a big deal about isolating people on one side of the bridge.... well I'm sure those people can swim or find some wood to make a small passage.

And what was the deal with the Ravenwood guys all running up to form a line when the sniper target was on the leader? I mean, are they that stupid as to leave their cover just so the one guy could make a statement? And why wasn't he pissed that his man was just shot by a sniper? And why didn't they just shoot skeet in the head so he couldn't pinch the trigger?

I mean none of this makes sense.... The best parts of the episode were the wedding dream sequences. And what was only because I could TIVO without risking missing something that might be even remotely interesting. I watches the 1hr episode in under 15 minutes.
Old 11-16-06, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Why is this not a show that the other networks are not copying? This premise has so much potential, and if the writers would actually write about life in post-appocalyptic America, and not a boring soap opera where a big bomb went off somewhere, this would be a great show.
Old 11-16-06, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by matta
And what was the deal with the Ravenwood guys all running up to form a line when the sniper target was on the leader? I mean, are they that stupid as to leave their cover just so the one guy could make a statement? .

This is where they got their training from:

Old 11-16-06, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
And why didn't they just shoot skeet in the head so he couldn't pinch the trigger?
Far be it from me to defend Jericho's poorly realized realism, but I was assuming Jake was holding a 'deadman's switch'.
Old 11-16-06, 11:19 AM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"As bad as this show is, I have a new tagline for them that might keep people watching: "Hey, it's better than Day Break"."

Sorry but ... NO, IT'S NOT.
Old 11-16-06, 03:44 PM

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by Groucho
As bad as this show is, I have a new tagline for them that might keep people watching: "Hey, it's better than Day Break".
How about
"Hey, it's better than Show Me The Money"
which it's on up against next week. That show is so bad, Jericho's ratings will probably get a boost.
Old 11-16-06, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by 12thmonkey
Far be it from me to defend Jericho's poorly realized realism, but I was assuming Jake was holding a 'deadman's switch'.
or at least bluffing that he was

as for leaving cover, it was dumb, but maybe they hoped that by showing how many guys they had it would scare teh jerichonians
Old 11-16-06, 06:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 12thmonkey
I thought that too, but he wasn't pinching the trigger. In a deadman's switch, you hold the trigger so that if you're killed, you let go and it kills them. He had his palm open so if he was hit with a "light's out" shot to the temple, he wouldn't be able to react and pinch the trigger.
Old 11-16-06, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow....I was a Surface watcher and Invasion watcher last year so I'm no stranger to shows that start out decent and then suck mid-season, but this one tops it. From the soap opera story lines to that hokie western music, I cringe as I watch it. I am very close to de-tivoing it.

Couldn't they have taken some of the themes in The Stand and made this a cool show instead of this?
Old 11-16-06, 06:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mikehunt
or at least bluffing that he was

as for leaving cover, it was dumb, but maybe they hoped that by showing how many guys they had it would scare teh jerichonians
And the Jerichonians should have shot them all dead right there. No chance for them to come back.

At least there was no teenage drama in this one. Only wedding crapfest 2006.

I can't wait for someone to die next week. I'm hoping it's Peyton, the auditor, or the guy who annoyingly tried to coupe every week. Or the annoying blonde chick who bitches about getting married. Or the deaf girl. She kinda pisses me off. Or the teenagers, any of them. Or the store lady. Pretty much all of them, so the story has to go to someplace cool where we get to see more about people trying to recreate society and less about people gossiping over who takes who to the post-apolocolyptic formal dance that they're going to use all of their fuel to organize.

I can see the trailors for next week: "Next week, on Jericho: skeet realizes that it's his 10 year highschool reunion and no one is coming" then they flash to a skeet with acne trying to awkwardly ask out a cheerleader.
Old 11-16-06, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
And the Jerichonians should have shot them all dead right there. No chance for them to come back.
While I agree completely, that no doubt would have sucked the plot out of 3-4 future episodes.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.