Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

House - "Son of a Coma Guy" - 11/14/06

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-06, 11:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
House - "Son of a Coma Guy" - 11/14/06

"House decides to awaken a comatose patient so he may question the man regarding the family history of his son, who may have a genetic condition and the father is the only living relative. Meanwhile, Wilson confronts House about the stolen prescription pad as Michael Tritter approaches Cameron, Chase, and Foreman in an attempt to divide the team and reveal their loyalties."

Is there no thread about this episode? If there is, please close. I searched, though.

Great episode. I like the line where Tritter says "everyone lies" to Foreman, echoing House. Hmmm... not so different from House, are you?

I also wonder if the backstory on why House became a doctor is true. It probably is. If anyone can remember the name for the Japanese doctors that House patterned himself after, I'd like to look it up, as I forgot the name.
Old 11-14-06, 11:46 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
I thought it was good.

Was anyone else doing a "WTF?" at the opening before he explained the kid's disease?
Old 11-14-06, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by MrX
I thought it was good.

Was anyone else doing a "WTF?" at the opening before he explained the kid's disease?
I loved how he flashed the light on and off and then disappeared and reappeared in front of him. I actually guessed what it had to do with (seizures and movement}, but it was very cool how they filmed it.
Old 11-15-06, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I liked it, its hard to have a bad "House".

I feel the cop thread is dragging though. Let's resolve that soon, please.
Old 11-15-06, 12:29 AM

I thought it was really good too; I was kind of tired of the cop dude in the last episode but it felt better in this one because the story actually developed a bit and it's getting serious (especially at the end).

I'm wondering -- whatever drug they gave the dude, why couldn't they just keep giving it to him? Was it L-Dopa? I heard some mumble about that... I know they said something about the required levels potentially killing him but he could have at least had another shot and seen his son... it could have also killed 2 birds with one stone, because if they gave him a fatal dose it would be a reason to give up his heart as well (assuming it doesnt damage the heart).
Old 11-15-06, 12:41 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
They said his body would have gotten used to it and it would have lost its effect.
Old 11-15-06, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Best ep since "Three stories"
Old 11-15-06, 02:25 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Good ep, but I don't think I buy the L-Dopa thing.
Old 11-15-06, 04:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Is wishing for the worsening on Tritter's condition on his tallywacker a bad thing at this point (since he first encountered House for seeking treatment/opinion of the irritation on it).
Old 11-15-06, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 11-15-06, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Another solid episode - this is definitely one of the few "must see" series currently on air.
Old 11-15-06, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I guess I'm the only one to disagree with the rest of everyone else who seemed to like the episode. I certainly didn't 'not like it', but really starting to wonder where they are taking this. Each episode House seems to be doing more than will land him in serious trouble. This time it's actually assisted suicide. From the preview of next week, it's even further. I'm just not sure where or if I like where they are taking this.

I should add, that this is one of my favorite shows and one of only several primetime shows I do watch anymore... House, Lost, Vanished, Numb3rs, an occasional Law & Order (any of the three).
Old 11-15-06, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Loved the episode.

Loved the struggle between wilson and House, about how House uses wilson, until he pushes to the breaking point. And then House ask's wilson to leave..and Wilson still tries to protect House (with the ailbi scene at the end)

Loved the backstory on House.
Old 11-15-06, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GradVT06
I guess I'm the only one to disagree with the rest of everyone else who seemed to like the episode. I certainly didn't 'not like it', but really starting to wonder where they are taking this. Each episode House seems to be doing more than will land him in serious trouble. This time it's actually assisted suicide. From the preview of next week, it's even further. I'm just not sure where or if I like where they are taking this.

I should add, that this is one of my favorite shows and one of only several primetime shows I do watch anymore... House, Lost, Vanished, Numb3rs, an occasional Law & Order (any of the three).
It's not assisted suicide. He counseled him on methods. He didn't take an active part in the actual act (as far as we know). It's questionable medical ethics to do that (see the assisted suicide debates across the country), but it's not a crime.
Old 11-15-06, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by WildcatLH
It's not assisted suicide. He counseled him on methods. He didn't take an active part in the actual act (as far as we know). It's questionable medical ethics to do that (see the assisted suicide debates across the country), but it's not a crime.
I guess my point is that he seems to push the edge more and more and it looks like its even further next week and I'm not sure where the show is going or how far they are going to have him go.
Old 11-15-06, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GradVT06
I guess my point is that he seems to push the edge more and more and it looks like its even further next week and I'm not sure where the show is going or how far they are going to have him go.
In a future episode, House will jump over a tank of sharks wearing water skis. With Cuddy and Cameron wearing bikinis and making out at the side of the pool. Chase and Foreman will be cut from the show.
Old 11-15-06, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I believe that House is pushing his limits just to see where they are and if anyone other than the cop will stand up to him. House just seems to continuously keep making more forceful stands against the norm that someone will be forced to stop him.

Will it be an intervention? House would just laugh and not even bother trying. What will it take for House to realize he has an actual problem? Is rehab of any kind in his future. He seemed to pull back some with Wilson when he said he was not ready to "break" their friendship. Can House be saved? Tune in next week on Oprah.
Old 11-15-06, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I read in a recent article that David Morse's character's arc is 7 episodes. How many are we in so far? 4?

I liked Foreman's exchange with Tritter.
Old 11-15-06, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Fine episode, but this cop sublot needs to go away. I always thought the power of the show was the drama between House and his co-workers - these outsider storylines (the teenage girl, the rich guy played by Chi McBride, the cop) feel tacked on. I now there's a lot of airspace to fill over the course of a season, but I think there's still plenty of territory to be explored with Cameron, Chase, Foreman and the rest.
Old 11-15-06, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

In an odd way, we learned more about House in this episode than any other...his reason to become a doctor and what he wishes his dad had said to him. He showed genuine emotions when talking about it, and it was quite revealing.
Old 11-15-06, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I liked "What is an Ip -od?"
Reminded me of that South Park episode where they unfroze the guy from 1996.
Old 11-15-06, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by WildcatLH
When House was describing the ways to end the guy's life he said strangulation would be the best way which leads me to believe House actually killed him, or at the least rigged some sort of apparatus for the guy to do it himself.
Old 11-15-06, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Shouldn't the title have technically been "Son of a Vegetative State Guy?"
Old 11-15-06, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts
Originally Posted by NORML54601
When House was describing the ways to end the guy's life he said strangulation would be the best way which leads me to believe House actually killed him, or at the least rigged some sort of apparatus for the guy to do it himself.
I don't think House actually killed the dad himself. However, we know from Cuddy that House gave the dad more advice than we saw, so he probably told him the best method to strangle oneself.
Old 11-15-06, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Jadzia
I liked "What is an Ip -od?" .
That was great! I always seem to enjoy a guest appearance from John Larroquette.

But David Morse and his gum-chewin' cop need to GO!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.