Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Refurb Ipod from Apple.com?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 11-12-06, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to get an Ipod for my wife and an apple refurb is the cheapest anywhere, but i'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience with getting a refurb from them. Any problems or suggestions? Thanks
Old 11-12-06, 01:23 AM

I purchased a refurb recently, saved me about 60$ from a new one after tax. Came with everything needed including a nice black sleeve. The warranty seemed to be about the same for a refurb as a new one so that led me to pull the trigger. Battery life is good, but it was the regular 5G not the latest enhanced. And that new ipod may or may not be just around the corner prices could possibly drop further.
Old 11-12-06, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Case01
I purchased a refurb recently, saved me about 60$ from a new one after tax. Came with everything needed including a nice black sleeve. The warranty seemed to be about the same for a refurb as a new one so that led me to pull the trigger. Battery life is good, but it was the regular 5G not the latest enhanced. And that new ipod may or may not be just around the corner prices could possibly drop further.
How long did it take to get to you? I want to make sure i order it in time. Also, anybody know how many songs you can actually put on the 1gb or the 4gb? They say 240 for the 1gb and 1000 for the 4gb. Just want to see how accurat that is. Thanks
Old 11-13-06, 06:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Kocheese99
How long did it take to get to you? I want to make sure i order it in time. Also, anybody know how many songs you can actually put on the 1gb or the 4gb? They say 240 for the 1gb and 1000 for the 4gb. Just want to see how accurat that is. Thanks
They assume a 128 bit encoding. If you use 192 or VBR, it will be roughly 1/3 less than the estimate.
Old 11-13-06, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts
My gfriend has a 6gb Nano and I'm only able to fit about 725 songs on it...there are different bit rates from 128 to 192 and they're normal 3:30 min. avg. songs..hope that helps.
Old 11-13-06, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well i asked my wife roughly how many songs she wants the thing to hold and she said about 100. So i'm thinking either the 1 or 4 gb ones. Do any of the Ipods take pictures? I can see that they hold them but i don't think any of them take pictures.

Thanks for all info.
Old 11-14-06, 05:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 219 Likes on 175 Posts
Ipod's don't take pictures. I would suggest the 4gb, people's collections tend to get larger.