TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Justice Cancelled

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-06, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Justice Cancelled

Kristin on E! is reporting that Justice has been cancelled. From her site:

"Guys, I come bearing sad news: Justice has been canceled. Aw, Spy Daddy—say it ain't so!

Sources tell me production has been halted and crew members have been told to abandon their work on the final episode. The show, an hourlong legal drama from producer Jerry Bruckheimer, was airing on Fox Mondays after Prison Break. Fox has not confirmed the cancellation, and there's no word yet on what might fill that hole in the network's schedule. "
Old 11-10-06, 02:07 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, this was just a matter of time with the winter lineup kicking in soon (Idol, 24, etc.). I'm still surprised they didn't pair this with House in the beginning instead of Standoff. Seems like this had the most breakout potential of their 3 new dramas, but they gave it probably the worst slot of the three (the weakest lead-in with Bones and up against Lost and Criminal Minds).
Old 11-10-06, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Might as well have filmed the final episode and burned them off on Saturday nights or on F/X.

I gave up on this show because it was a little too slick and way too explanatory. Plus, they even lost a case once in awhile on the Practice too, which to me, is the seminal legal drama (too young for LA LAW).

I just never got Garber's character. He's played so much the opposite throughout his career that he didn't seem right for the role. Ironically, Jimmy Woods would have been perfect for it.
Old 11-10-06, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Where shall I get my Rebecca Mader fix now?
Old 11-10-06, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 907 Likes on 669 Posts
That's too bad. This is/was one of my favorite new shows this season probably only behind Heroes. I can't see how this would get cancelled already but Standoff and Vanished are both still going (although it seems like they'll both be gone soon too).
Old 11-10-06, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Fuck me. I really hate TV.
Old 11-10-06, 02:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fox screws the viewer once again. Good work Fox...cancel one of your good shows so you can leave Bones on the air!
Old 11-10-06, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
That sucks.
Old 11-10-06, 03:23 PM
dek
DVD Talk Legend

Location: On the road to reclaiming Lord Stanleys Cup, Turlock CA
Weak!
Old 11-10-06, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
Please tell me this is a mistake. I thought this was one of the better new shows of the season. This is why I don't like watching new shows.
Old 11-10-06, 03:47 PM

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=7235
11.10.06 - 12:51 PM]
FOX PUTS 'JUSTICE' ON THE BENCH
By Brian Ford Sullivan (TFC)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- FOX has confirmed its latest wave of scheduling changes as "Justice" has been pulled for the remainder of its November sweeps period.

Repeats of "House" will fill the Monday, 9:00/8:00c hour effective immediately with an encore of "All In" set for November 13.

The show's most-recent airing averaged a distant fourth place among adults 18-49 (a 1.9 rating according to preliminary Nielsen data, barely half of its "Prison Break" lead-in's 3.5 rating) making the development not much of a surprise.

"Justice" then is expected to rejoin the schedule in December however no firm dates were given. The network previously announced its "2006 Billboard Music Awards" coverage for December 4, meaning the earliest "Justice" could return - barring a time slot change - is December 11.

Chris
Old 11-10-06, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
FOX is probably going to burn off whatever episodes that are in the can. I think with the glut of Lawyer procedural shows on TV right now, this just got lost in the shuffle. If this show were on one of the "Big 3" networks, it may have stood a better chance for a full season. Sounds like Jerry Bruckheimer better quit developing shows for any network other than CBS. What is he like 0-3 now?

Now with 24 coming back in about 2 months, what the heck is FOX going to pair it with on Monday's until Prison Break returns in March?
Old 11-10-06, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by DJariya
FOX is probably going to burn off whatever episodes that are in the can. I think with the glut of Lawyer procedural shows on TV right now, this just got lost in the shuffle. If this show were on one of the "Big 3" networks, it may have stood a better chance for a full season. Sounds like Jerry Bruckheimer better quit developing shows for any network other than CBS. What is he like 0-3 now?

Now with 24 coming back in about 2 months, what the heck is FOX going to pair it with on Monday's until Prison Break returns in March?
As the article stated, House.
Old 11-10-06, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm sad. This was my favorite of this year's new shows.
Old 11-10-06, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Fox is pretty much just biding their time until they can air 3 episodes of American Idol per week during the audition phase.
Old 11-10-06, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Fox even pulled that game show "The Rich List" after one airing. I wonder why Standoff is still on the air.
Old 11-10-06, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts
I wanted to watch this, but can only record 2 shows at once on the DVR, and Heroes and Raw get those slots. Oh well, maybe a quickie dvd release.
Old 11-10-06, 08:24 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
Bummer. It was a good one-and-done type show... I enjoyed watching it on Tivo.
Old 11-10-06, 09:30 PM

I gave up on this after a couple of episodes. Like someone else said "too slick". The whole thing felt very cliched.
Old 11-10-06, 10:55 PM

Well that sucks I was really starting to like this show and now I hear they won't film the final episode to wrap up the series totally weak I sure hope they give the show a DVD release at least.
Old 11-10-06, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts
Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Might as well have filmed the final episode and burned them off on Saturday nights or on F/X.
That's what strikes me as odd. I know that Firefly got the news of its cancellation in the middle of an episode, and they finished production of that episode even though it never aired. In fact, since the network has already paid for the episode, the studio might be required to finish it. I'm thinking they might've halted production to rewrite the episode as a series finale.
Old 11-10-06, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Crusader6
now I hear they won't film the final episode to wrap up the series
Is this really a series that needs to be "wrapped up?" I don't think Justice will be leaving us with too many unanswered questions.
Old 11-11-06, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Although I agree with some of the criticism posted above (too slick, etc.) I still found the show enjoyable, and definitely a better effort than 90% of the crap that gets broadcast.
Old 11-11-06, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by noonan4224
That's too bad. This is/was one of my favorite new shows this season probably only behind Heroes. I can't see how this would get cancelled already but Standoff and Vanished are both still going (although it seems like they'll both be gone soon too).
What is the news on Vanished? I really like the show (except I think Ming Na is horribly cast and and you can find a better actor on any given soccer field flopping and taking falls), but except for a little bit of bad acting, I really like it. I have kept up with it and watch it each week, apparently one of the few, and hope it stays. I hope they get some better acting and come back stronger for a 2nd season.

I haven't seen a thread about Vanished in a while... what's the news on this show?
Old 11-12-06, 01:49 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,185 Likes on 4,213 Posts
Yeah bummer. I liked some of it, esp. Garber who had the balls to play a thouroughly unlikable lawyer and a glory hound. Tough for Joe Six Pack to get behind, but some damn fine acting, IMO.

My big problem with the show (besides their habit of always having innocent clients and never losing) was Kerr Smith. The guy is supposed to be a named partner in a huge Los Angeles law firm ,yet seemed to know less about the law than I do. I know he was supposed to put in some questions to help the audience along, but sometimes (last episode for instance) he seemed borderline retarded.

Still it's a bummer. I'll miss that show. After bailing on Studio 60, I'm just down to The Nine from this season. Slim pickings indeed.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.