TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Friday Night Lights - "El Accidente" 11/7

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-06, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Friday Night Lights - "El Accidente" 11/7

Spoiler:
The possibility of last week's win being overturned due to Ray Tatum's recruitment frustrates the Panthers; police interrupt a practice with an arrest warrant for a star defensive tackle, who viciously assaulted another student.

Cast: Kyle Chandler, Brad Leland, Taylor Kitsch, Minka Kelly, Scott Porter, Connie Britton, Aimee Teegarden, Jesse Plemons, Gaius Charles, Adrianne Palicki, Zach Gilford, Aldis Hodge, Walter Perez.
Old 11-07-06, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hopefully, the election results won't cover up too much of the screen!!
AGH!!!
Old 11-07-06, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

well boo. was everyone out voting and miss this?

good good episode man. Coach Taylor is full of integrity and I'm loving every minute of it. I'm glad he did what he did to Reyes...took balls man. Sarecin too. Good people.

Lyla and Mrs. Coach Taylor
Old 11-08-06, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Call me ignorant, but how does Street get horny when his ding-dong doesn't work?

That Lyla can work wonders. She can raise a man from the dead.
Old 11-08-06, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

'Call a press conference...'

'I can't call a press conference. I'm not Peyton Manning. I've only played three games...and I didn't even start them all.'
Old 11-08-06, 06:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Brent_MN
well boo. was everyone out voting and miss this?

good good episode man. Coach Taylor is full of integrity and I'm loving every minute of it. I'm glad he did what he did to Reyes...took balls man. Sarecin too. Good people.

Lyla and Mrs. Coach Taylor

Is he full of integrity? See.. I'm thinking that the moral of this episode was about what happens when you lie... it keeps getting bigger and bigger and it always comes back and bites you in the ass. Reyes lied..he's a stupid kid... but Coach lied too.. He lied right from the get go.. maybe the lies didn't come right from his mouth.. but withholding info is sometimes the same as lying. Then when it was crunch time and he and Garrity was meeting w/ Garrity's buddy.. he still kept his mouth shut.. then.. it all came out. And not from his mouth....Game was forfeited.. Voodoo is gone and so is Reyes. All because of lies. Matt is the one with integrity.. he's the only one who stepped up and did the right thing.. going against one of your teammates is not easy.
That's my take anyway.
Old 11-08-06, 08:08 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Another good episode last night. Voodoo sure didn't last long...
Old 11-08-06, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Hell, I thought Voodoo was kicked off the team at halftime last episode. I was shocked to see him back. Why aren't you getting reps at QB? Why do you think you moron.

Lyla is very very very very very very
Old 11-08-06, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

so will the woo Voodoo back or what? I thought for sure he'd be around longer just to keep things interesting.

Originally Posted by Septemberbaby
but Coach lied too.. He lied right from the get go.. maybe the lies didn't come right from his mouth.. but withholding info is sometimes the same as lying.
duh me. I guess what he ended up doing with Reyes clouded my view of him. Overall though, he's shown much more character than a lot of other people would do in his shoes. To that, I give him respect. I hope he keeps it up and stands up with Garrity more often.
Old 11-08-06, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
So the team is 1-2. There championship hopes have to be out the window now. How will Coach Taylor be able to stick around after this disaster of a season? I think they should have kept Voodoo on as a DB, he brings good tension to the team.

Man, Lyla and the coaches wife were especially hot this week.
Old 11-08-06, 10:13 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Timber
So the team is 1-2. There championship hopes have to be out the window now. How will Coach Taylor be able to stick around after this disaster of a season? I think they should have kept Voodoo on as a DB, he brings good tension to the team.

Man, Lyla and the coaches wife were especially hot this week.
Sure, maybe their conference championship hopes, but there's a lot of season left before playoff time.
Old 11-08-06, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
that line from saracen to coach was great, as well as delivered well.

"I guess is couldn't decide between what was right for the team, and what was right."

saracen is by far the most real character on the show. the way he kind of stumbles around his words is natural for a high schooler. good to see that not every TV kid speaks in grand speeches.

septemberbaby, good link between the coach's omission of truth and what was going on with reyes. both were backed into a corner and reacted in a way that wasn't honest. taylor has his own morals, matched up against an entire town wanting to win. his meeting with voodoo wasn't his idea, but when he was there, he handled it well (not promising a starting job). but coach taylor has shown integrity in other ways - just in this episode - kicking reyes off the team, going to visit the beat-up kid.

i'm still loving this show.
Old 11-08-06, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hey.. I LOVE Coach Taylor!! LOVE HIM!! He can lie to me anytime!!!

BUT!! I think he handled the entire VooDoo thing wrong. He allowed some coachwannabe to dictate what was best for the team. Ultimately.. the entire fiasco was Coach's fault. It's his team, not Buddy Garrity's. He knows what the rules are for recruiting and if he didn't, he should have made it his business. Instead, he allowed the wannbe coach to handle it. Hopefully, he won't be doing that again anytime soon.
But hey.. we're all human and if he could get away with it, than why not?
I just thought it was an interesting episode.. and I forgot about the other lie that looks like it might have caught up: Lyla and Tim.
Old 11-08-06, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
but coach taylor has shown integrity in other ways - just in this episode - kicking reyes off the team, going to visit the beat-up kid.
i'm still loving this show.

Here's a question for you.. Should he have been at least suspended from the team for the assult from the get go? He put the kid in the hospital. Until the investigation was finished, should he have been suspended?
It's been along time since I've been in HS but I think if this happened when I was in school, he would have at the very least.. been suspended right away... and today.. with the zero tolerance schools have.. I'm surprised that this kid wasn't.
Old 11-08-06, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
i agree with you about the voodoo situation. taylor really only has himself to blame for the whole situation. he could have nipped the whole thing in the bud at the beginning and not followed garrity. but it's also very easy to see why he went along with it.

yeah, not sure if an assault charge off school property is cause for suspension from school. if the fight had happened during school or on school property, there probably would have been a suspension.
Old 11-08-06, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I have a feeling that we'll be seeing Voodoo as the QB of a rival team in the playoffs.
Old 11-08-06, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Would a Texas high school team play a Louisiana high school team in the playoffs?

Given the promos, as soon as they showed the Reyes kid, I knew he was a goner, it was just a matter of the execution of how to get there given the circumstance.

I was puzzled as to when Reyes went public with how events went down, there was too many eyeswitnesses to Voodoo's racial slurs towards Reyes (but not before he was provoked by Smash, mainly because he didn't like how the question of Voodoo's eligibility would impact last week's win). There's no way his story would withstand scrutiny, but Saracen came up doing the right thing after his pal went after Reyes and understanding that doing the right thing in the bigger picture outweighs doing right by a "team".

It did look like coach was proud of Saracen owning up to the Reyes situation and setting the record straight, considering coach wasn't strong enough to also do the right thing and walk away from Voodoo and placing his program in jeopardy.

Jason's "one good day" had a sour ending. It's only a matter of time before he confronts them, and Jason will had to move on without a girlfriend by his side as he continues towards the road of living the life he now has.
Old 11-08-06, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hey.. I LOVE Coach Taylor!! LOVE HIM!! He can lie to me anytime!!!

BUT!! I think he handled the entire VooDoo thing wrong. He allowed some coachwannabe to dictate what was best for the team. Ultimately.. the entire fiasco was Coach's fault. It's his team, not Buddy Garrity's. He knows what the rules are for recruiting and if he didn't, he should have made it his business. Instead, he allowed the wannbe coach to handle it. Hopefully, he won't be doing that again anytime soon.
But hey.. we're all human and if he could get away with it, than why not?
I just thought it was an interesting episode.. and I forgot about the other lie that looks like it might have caught up: Lyla and Tim.
It obviously isn't quite that simple, or Taylor would have long ago told Garrity to suck it. One of the biggest themes in the show is the constant pressure on Taylor from everyone in the town to win. Garrity has a ton of power in the community, so unfortunately, Taylor has to acquiesce to him on a lot of things....if he wishes to continue coaching there, that is.
Old 11-08-06, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

being a Texas HS football coach is harder than being El Presidente at times. ok, maybe not...but on a different scale.
Old 11-08-06, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

well, it's 90% political and 10% football.
Old 11-09-06, 02:29 AM

Good episode. Damn that Lila is hot!
Old 11-09-06, 02:45 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Here's a question for you.. Should he have been at least suspended from the team for the assult from the get go? He put the kid in the hospital. Until the investigation was finished, should he have been suspended?
It's been along time since I've been in HS but I think if this happened when I was in school, he would have at the very least.. been suspended right away... and today.. with the zero tolerance schools have.. I'm surprised that this kid wasn't.
It's Texas

Good episode

I wish Matt would ask Taylor's daughter out and get it over with.
Old 11-09-06, 06:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does anyone think that Lyla is hot? Just curious.

Good episode, but I doubt that we have seen the last of Voodoo unfortunately. He's a PITA that could cause the team the entire season.
Old 11-09-06, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by movieking
Does anyone think that Lyla is hot? Just curious.

Good episode, but I doubt that we have seen the last of Voodoo unfortunately. He's a PITA that could cause the team the entire season.
No.. I don't think anyone here thinks she's that hot.

Now, Coach T, he's hot!
Old 11-09-06, 01:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lunatikk
I have a feeling that we'll be seeing Voodoo as the QB of a rival team in the playoffs.
Schools from other states don't play each other in the STATE tournament.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.