Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

FREE Cars DVD when you buy groceries (East Coast)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-06, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got back from my local Stop and Shop and I wanted to share this with you all. In their flyer, it shows:

Get the Cars DVD FREE! Use your Stop and Shop card and purchase 16 participating ConAgra Foods products in one transaction and receive a coupon for $20 off the Cars DVD at checkout.

Use your Stop and Shop card and purchase 8 participating ConAgra Foods products in one transaction and receive a coupon for $10 off the Cars DVD at checkout.
Displayed are

Chef Boyardee Microwave Bowls $1.89
Chef Boyardee Family Size Pasta $2.89
Orville Redenbacher's Microwave Popcorn or
Crunch 'n Munch 2 for $4
Hunt's Snack Pack $3.49
Peter Pan Peanut Butter 2 for $4

Here's the best part. They have the regular size cans of Chef Boyardee on sale for $1 each and it counts towards the "participating products." I was surprised when I got the checkout coupon. You'll wind up spending $16 for a $20 coupon for the DVD. Great deal if you eat the foods anyway.

Enjoy!
Old 11-03-06, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up! I'm doing my weekly shopping tomorrow, so I'll mix and match the popcorn, peanut butter and Chef Boyardee to hit the 16 mark.
Old 11-03-06, 08:02 PM

Nice deal. Anyone see this in Wegman's or Top's flyers?
Old 11-03-06, 09:59 PM

Stop and Shop actually has a sale for the first in a while?

To the Mid-Atlantic folks, it looks like Stop and Shop's sister store Giant is running the promotion as well.
Old 11-04-06, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Shaws also has a similar deal, but you accumulate points, and it seems like you get the dvd instead of a coupon when you have enough points. You can earn the points on separate orders, I think it runs for about a month.
2 dvds are available in that offer, the same Cars and also M:I 3. Sorry, I don't know the details of the offer, but I think you have to spend more than $16 to get these, so it might not be a bargain. I ended up with a few points on my last food purchase, but I have no idea what items qualified.
Old 11-04-06, 04:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by basaro
Shaws also has a similar deal, but you accumulate points, and it seems like you get the dvd instead of a coupon when you have enough points. You can earn the points on separate orders, I think it runs for about a month.
2 dvds are available in that offer, the same Cars and also M:I 3. Sorry, I don't know the details of the offer, but I think you have to spend more than $16 to get these, so it might not be a bargain. I ended up with a few points on my last food purchase, but I have no idea what items qualified.
I was at Shaws and saw the receipt. You need 80 points to buy either dvd. We spend about $30 in food and got 8 points...Something tells me this is not going to be cheap!
Old 11-04-06, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by runner001
I just got back from my local Stop and Shop and I wanted to share this with you all. In their flyer, it shows:

Displayed are

Chef Boyardee Microwave Bowls $1.89
Chef Boyardee Family Size Pasta $2.89
Orville Redenbacher's Microwave Popcorn or
Crunch 'n Munch 2 for $4
Hunt's Snack Pack $3.49
Peter Pan Peanut Butter 2 for $4

Here's the best part. They have the regular size cans of Chef Boyardee on sale for $1 each and it counts towards the "participating products." I was surprised when I got the checkout coupon. You'll wind up spending $16 for a $20 coupon for the DVD. Great deal if you eat the foods anyway.

Enjoy!

How are you sure that the $1 cans of food counts towards the offer?
I am reading the flyer now and it makes it seem like only the items listed will count towards the deal.
Old 11-04-06, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm sure because I did it. I was surprised it counted and wasn't even going to bother with the deal. I bought the $1 cans since I wanted them anyway and received the checkout coupon when I completed the transaction.
Old 11-04-06, 10:43 AM

i am having my wife pick up the sales paper at giant so i can confirm it is is in pensylvania too
Old 11-04-06, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by runner001
I'm sure because I did it. I was surprised it counted and wasn't even going to bother with the deal. I bought the $1 cans since I wanted them anyway and received the checkout coupon when I completed the transaction.
I can also confirm the $1 cans as counting. I just got back from the store and I now have Beefaroni coming out of my ass and a free DVD coupon for Tuesday. Hopefully they'll have the widescreen version at my local S&S.

BTW, a big thanks to runner for pointing out the $1 cans as counting. I don't think that I would have bothered if I had to pay $1.89 for the microwaveable cups.

Last edited by Sweet Baby James; 11-04-06 at 10:48 AM.
Old 11-04-06, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I also just got this to work at my local Giant. 16 cans of Mini Ravioli ($16) will tide me over a few months. Likewise, I hope they carry the WS version.

The register prints a typical Giant red store coupon good for $20 off of CARS good 11/7-11/18
Old 11-05-06, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
I can also confirm the $1 cans as counting. I just got back from the store and I now have Beefaroni coming out of my ass and a free DVD coupon for Tuesday. Hopefully they'll have the widescreen version at my local S&S.

BTW, a big thanks to runner for pointing out the $1 cans as counting. I don't think that I would have bothered if I had to pay $1.89 for the microwaveable cups.
No go in FFLD. Which S&S was this at SBJ?
Old 11-05-06, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
worked for me at the Giant store in Dundalk, Maryland. 16 cans of various foods for the kids and the coupon to boot .. Nice to get paid about $4 for the food and the DVD.. thanks OP!
Old 11-05-06, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Thanks. Worked for me fine for me at Giant today even though there was no signage at all in the store about the promo.
Old 11-05-06, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Rogue588
No go in FFLD. Which S&S was this at SBJ?
It worked for me at the Newtown(Sand Hill Plaza) location yesterday.

Last edited by Sweet Baby James; 11-05-06 at 08:16 PM.
Old 11-05-06, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

No problem. It feels good to be able to contribute a deal every once in a while. I agree with you about not bothering with the deal if I had to spend more than the $1 for 16 qualifying items.
Old 11-06-06, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

No go in RI near my office. What CT store did it work in?
Old 11-06-06, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Qui Gon Jim
No go in RI near my office. What CT store did it work in?
See post #15.
Old 11-06-06, 09:39 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts
Worked today at Giant. It is mentioned in their current flyer, 2nd to last page.

I bought 32 $1 cans of various Chef Boyardee products and got two $20 coupons.
Old 11-07-06, 03:47 PM

Thanx runner001!

Went to my local Giant and did this as soon as I read the thread and it worked! I also got the $1/can! The cashier and the cashier next to her were surprised and said they would do the same.

Vu
Old 11-07-06, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Thespian68
Likewise, I hope they carry the WS version.
Kudos to the Newtown, CT S&S. It looked to me that they actually had more copies of the WS than the FS. The cashier couldn't believe that it was free and said so. I told him that I had to buy 16 cans of Beefaroni to get the coupon and that I'll be reminded that it wasn't free every time that I'm choking down a can of that slop.
Old 11-07-06, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I wasn't so smart. I originally bought 10 cans (not knowing the $1 cans counted) but returned two and bought 8 more for a total of 16. But since I didn't buy them on the same receipt, I got two $10 coupons for the DVD.

I had a feeling it might be a problem and it was. The system wouldn't let me use two coupons and I had to explain to the cashier that I would normally get a $20 had I bought them on the same receipt. He disagreed and said that there was only a $10 coupon and no such thing as $20 coupons.

After I "proved" it with their flyer and after 5 more minutes at the CS desk, I got it for free.

So the lesson here is to buy all 16 on one receipt!
Old 11-07-06, 05:28 PM

The current flyer for Acme Markets says you can get either a free Cars or MI3 DVD, but no details are provided. It says to go to the store for more details.
Old 11-07-06, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Kudos to the Newtown, CT S&S. It looked to me that they actually had more copies of the WS than the FS. The cashier couldn't believe that it was free and said so. I told him that I had to buy 16 cans of Beefaroni to get the coupon and that I'll be reminded that it wasn't free every time that I'm choking down a can of that slop.
Same deal at my Northern VA Giant. More WS than FS copies. The cashier at CS was amazed it was free. Also good to know from the above you could do this deal more than once per frequent buyer card.