Community
Search
DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

star wars slipcase

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-06, 02:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
star wars slipcase

I searched and couldn’t find an answer, is there a slipcase for the release of star wars original trilogy? Like the se set came in? Or even one for all 6?

Thanks
Old 10-30-06, 02:49 PM
Bye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Follow this link...

http://www.designpaulchampagne.com/sequels4.html

...and scroll down to the middle-bottom of the page.

That's probably the best you're gonna find.
Old 10-30-06, 02:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mike Adams
Follow this link...

http://www.designpaulchampagne.com/sequels4.html

...and scroll down to the middle-bottom of the page.

That's probably the best you're gonna find.
WOW, those are some very high prices for just the cases! Also I have a feeling those are illegal cases meaning the seller does not have permission to sell licensed movies like Star Wars...How can that web site get away with that?
Old 10-30-06, 03:01 PM

Thank you for the link, but I’m one of the sheep. And I am looking for likened cases. I thought for sur tghere would be one for the last release, and one for all 6.
Old 10-30-06, 03:23 PM
Bye

Originally Posted by orion1998_1
Thank you for the link, but I’m one of the sheep. And I am looking for likened cases. I thought for sur tghere would be one for the last release, and one for all 6.
Huh??? Oh, you mean LICENSED??? Um, no, not yet. In 2007 there's supposed to be a 30th Anniversary boxed set that should contain all six movies, so you'll have to wait until then. At this point, there has only been a box of the first three plus a bonus disc, the first three with no bonus disc, and the first two prequels, although I think that was only in fullscreen.

Oh yes, and the BEST BUY-exclusive tin containing the first three movies in the limited 2-disc sets that were released a while back.

Last edited by Mike Adams; 10-30-06 at 03:28 PM.
Old 10-30-06, 03:27 PM
Bye

Originally Posted by Wildo1966
WOW, those are some very high prices for just the cases! Also I have a feeling those are illegal cases meaning the seller does not have permission to sell licensed movies like Star Wars...How can that web site get away with that?
Apparently Paul has a "live and let live" agreement with some studios, although perhaps not Lucasfilm. By that I mean that they've agreed not to sue, but of course they retain the legal right to shut him down at any time (or at least stop him selling a particular case for movies they own the rights to). I'm not sure of the specifics, and no matter who you talk to in this forum, they'll only be speculating. Suffice it to say that the use of the images for the cases most assuredly does NOT constitute "fair use", so don't let anybody tell you it does.
Old 10-30-06, 03:47 PM

http://www.replacethecase.com
http://www.r1db.com
Old 10-30-06, 04:26 PM
Bye

Originally Posted by Identify
(URLs deleted)
Um, how exactly is that going to help? The OP is looking for actual slipcases to hold the DVDs in their cases, not replacement covers.