Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Without a Trace - "The Calm Before" - 10/29/06 (ER's Eriq La Salle guest stars)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-06, 03:08 PM

Received 806 Likes on 524 Posts

The Calm Before - 10/29/06 - NEW!

Spoiler:
A man (Eriq La Salle) who relocated his family to New York after Hurricane Katrina vanishes while supposedly traveling to New Jersey for a temporary construction job. His truck is found far from New Jersey and destroyed by fire, but no body is recovered. Sherise: Lisa Gay Hamilton. Caleb: Desmond Roberts. Jadon: Tyler Jacob Williams.
Old 10-30-06, 03:10 PM

Pretty good episode. Nice to see La Salle back on the small screen.

I would hate to be someone who was put in that situation, where he had to choose to save his children over helping a stranger. I wonder if that really happened during the hurricane. I can only imagine that it did.

Another solid ep, but the "Fight Club" stuff was a bit much.
Old 10-30-06, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Goldberg74
Pretty good episode. Nice to see La Salle back on the small screen.

I would hate to be someone who was put in that situation, where he had to choose to save his children over helping a stranger. I wonder if that really happened during the hurricane. I can only imagine that it did.

Another solid ep, but the "Fight Club" stuff was a bit much.

Much better this week than it's been in previous weeks. For some reason, this show has been iffy this season.
I'm confused about something... Did the MP not kill someone? I know it was for the safety of his children, but a man is dead. Is anything going to come of that? They should have made reference to him being questioned by the DA .. The FBI doesn't decide who get prosecuted and who doesn't. The DA's office does that. I was left with the feeling that he was free to leave. Shrug.

I also heard a small rumor and I'm not quite sure how to put it in a spoiler tag
Old 10-30-06, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Septemberbaby
I also heard a small rumor and I'm not quite sure how to put it in a spoiler tag
just drop it inbetween [spoiler] and [/spoiler] tags.
Old 10-30-06, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yeah.. after I hit send.. I read the post about it.

Anway... this is not earth-shattering...

Spoiler:
Eric LaSalle is supposed to be directing a eppy later this season.. Eric Close is too. Told you it was no biggie.
Old 10-31-06, 01:40 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
I liked the episode, but I wouldn't have made this the highly touted 100th episode. The episode didn't blow my socks off to be promoted like that. IMO, ever since Hank Steinberg left to do other projects, the show just hasn't felt the same. It's still good, but it seems like they have backed off a little on the character's personal lives and have stuck to "By the Book" procedure.
Old 10-31-06, 06:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ I agree with that. It also seems like a lot of the cases really aren't "missing" people. These people know exactly what they're doing and where they're going, including being seen by many of their friends or family after being reported missing. This episode was a prime example of that, one measely phonecall to his wife and he's no longer missing.
Old 10-31-06, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

We all know LaSalle was on ER but wasn't his wife and cousin on the show as well. I know the cousin was. He is the one that had Aids and gave to his wife. Maybe his wife on ER was the wife on this?
Old 10-31-06, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by BDLOU
We all know LaSalle was on ER but wasn't his wife and cousin on the show as well. I know the cousin was. He is the one that had Aids and gave to his wife. Maybe his wife on ER was the wife on this?
Actually, Michael Beach played opposite Eric LaSalle on ER. He played Gloria Ruben's HIV positive husband. She was having an affair w/ LaSalle .. she was infected, he was not.
Lisa Gay Hamilton was on The Practice..
Old 10-31-06, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Actually, Michael Beach played opposite Eric LaSalle on ER. He played Gloria Ruben's HIV positive husband. She was having an affair w/ LaSalle .. she was infected, he was not.
Lisa Gay Hamilton was on The Practice..

Thank you. I couldn't place Lisa Gay Hamilton. I could have sword Beach had an affair which resulted in him giving Gloria Ruben aids. Maybe I remember that wrong though.
Old 10-31-06, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by BDLOU
Thank you. I couldn't place Lisa Gay Hamilton. I could have sword Beach had an affair which resulted in him giving Gloria Ruben aids. Maybe I remember that wrong though.

Yes... Beach did have an affair, then gave Rubens HIV .. but she had an affair w/ LaSalle. Not knowing she was HIV positive.
Beach told Ruben he was HIV positive and she needed to get tested... she then had to tell LaSalle...They waited for weeks for the results.. she was positive, he wasn't.
I think Beach's character left town.. I don't remember if we ever heard what happened to him. She stayed on for years.. dealing with her HIV.
I don't remember why her character left.. I don't think she died. She may have just relocated.
Old 11-01-06, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yes... Beach did have an affair, then gave Rubens HIV .. but she had an affair w/ LaSalle. Not knowing she was HIV positive.
Beach told Ruben he was HIV positive and she needed to get tested... she then had to tell LaSalle...They waited for weeks for the results.. she was positive, he wasn't.
I think Beach's character left town.. I don't remember if we ever heard what happened to him. She stayed on for years.. dealing with her HIV.
I don't remember why her character left.. I don't think she died. She may have just relocated.
Gotcha...I thought you were saying before that she had it but Beach didn't..but you were talking about LaSalle. All this talk makes me miss ER even though its still on. I quit watching some time ago.