Old 10-23-06, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The One/Only Nintendo DS Discussion Thread Part V: Clever Subtitle

Continuation!
Old 10-23-06, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is WarioWare Touched really supposed to be this hard to find? i just picked up a DS a couple days ago, and this is one of my most wanted games. What gives.

-NiCK
Old 10-23-06, 02:57 PM
Retired

It does seem to have gotten somewhat hard to find and the Ebay prices jumped up a good bit the past couple of months.

It's a good game, I'd reccomend picking up WarioWare Twisted for the GBA if you can't find it. It's probably my favorite of the 3 games anyway. A bit more challenging than the other 2.
Old 10-23-06, 03:28 PM

Broken, help.

Does anyone know how to get a broken screen (top one) fixed on a DS Lite, I have a black mark across the top screen lines of distortion. Any help would be appriciated.
Old 10-23-06, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Most DS games get sold out, so if you see something you like you better get it now or else risk it become very hard to find (happend with Castlevania DoS, Phoenix Write, Trauma Center, all excellent and must have DS games). I haven't seen Wario Ware in quite awhile, so I'd assume its OOP, especially considering how close to launch it was released, you might want to check online also.
Old 10-23-06, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm pretty sure they have a used copy of it for sale at the Blockbuster by my house.
Old 10-23-06, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Josh Hinkle
It does seem to have gotten somewhat hard to find and the Ebay prices jumped up a good bit the past couple of months.

It's a good game, I'd reccomend picking up WarioWare Twisted for the GBA if you can't find it. It's probably my favorite of the 3 games anyway. A bit more challenging than the other 2.
Yea, i have the other two... was really looking forward to rounding out the series.

-NiCK
Old 10-23-06, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

A cool deal for Castelvania lovers:

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – October 23, 2006 – Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. today announced that just in time for the 20th anniversary of the Castlevania series, consumers who pre-order Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin for the Nintendo DS™ at Gamestop, EB Games and GameCrazy locations nationwide will receive, at the time of purchase, a limited edition box set at no additional cost containing items that document the history of this legendary franchise. Highlighting 20 years of one of the most celebrated video game series of all time, the Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin limited edition gift with purchase comes in a highly collectible wax-sealed box and includes the following items:

· Art Book: This 48 page book details the artwork of every game in the Castlevania series and features an embossed cover.
· 20th Anniversary Soundtrack CD: Spanning 20 years of music that has defined the Castlevania series, this soundtrack contains songs from nearly every Castlevania game ever made, including four never before released tracks from Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin.
· Stylus and DS Game Case: Emblazoned with the Castlevania logo, this extendable stylus is sure to give virtual vampire hunters the edge in their next handheld encounter with Dracula, while the transparent game case lets gamers keep both Castlevania DS adventures out of harm’s way.
· Timeline Poster: Detailing key events and characters in the history of Castlevania, this fold out poster features a timeline on the front and a Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin poster on the back.

Breaking new ground in the Castlevania series, Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin lets players continue the battle against the evil minions of the night as two playable characters, Jonathan Morris and Charlotte Aulin. Players can choose to use Jonathan’s whip-cracking melee abilities or Charlotte’s magical prowess individually or team up together for the first time in the history of the franchise as they explore all new levels and environments. Players can also play online with friends and wirelessly trade items using the Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection service.
Old 10-23-06, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by NiCK Crush
Is WarioWare Touched really supposed to be this hard to find? i just picked up a DS a couple days ago, and this is one of my most wanted games. What gives.

-NiCK
Look up Warioware on gamestop.com. Touched won't shop up, but there's a link underneath the other titles in about a 4 point font that says "Show backordered used products that may be available in stores." Click on that and then Touched will show up, and you can see if any stores in your area have a used copy. There's about 10 GS/EB's within my ten-mile radius that claim to have it.
Old 10-23-06, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts
Thinking about getting Age of Empires, which looks like it's dropped in price to 20 bucks. I've heard it has some bugs, but it's overall pretty good, right?

I know it's not a DS game, but besides Slime Knight, most of my portable time has been taken up by Super Robot Taisen... I'm such a sucker for that series, and to have it in English is a dream come true. I'm wondering if I should preorder the sequel, since I had a really tough time finding the first one...
Old 10-23-06, 07:30 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
That Castlevania deal sounds great!

Thanks L&O!!!!
Old 10-23-06, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

-NiCK
I saw a bunch in TRU the other day. YMMV.
Old 10-23-06, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Goldberg74
That Castlevania deal sounds great!

Thanks L&O!!!!
Yep, I'm dropping $40 on that. I asked at the store today and they thought it was online only though.
Old 10-24-06, 12:28 AM

Wow great Castlevania deal. I'm calling first thing in the morning, and if my store doesn't have the goods yet, I'm preordering online. I don't want to miss this.
Old 10-24-06, 12:50 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I'll be pre-ordering that Castlevania box. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 10-24-06, 10:22 AM
Retired

Good value, but I'm not that big a castlevania fan to want all that stuff, so I'll just pick up the regular version for less at a big box B&M store.
Old 10-24-06, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is there a shop which ships the Castlevania box to Europe?
Old 10-24-06, 12:01 PM

That's freakin awsome, I'll be pre-ordering it, but I have to ask again, anyone have any idea what to do with a broken DS Lite?
Old 10-24-06, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by drainout
That's freakin awsome, I'll be pre-ordering it, but I have to ask again, anyone have any idea what to do with a broken DS Lite?
All DS Lites have a one year warranty so you should contact Nintendo. Their number is on the back of the DS Lite.
Old 10-24-06, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I just picked up Clubhouse Games with a credit I had at Gamestop. What a great game really - one of the most ideally suited games for a handheld system. You can pick it up, play a quick card game, and finish in about 5 minutes. I think I'm about halfway through the stamp mode. I suck at some of the games, but I like that even if you lose you get a stamp.

On another note, does anyone else have trouble making out the tiles in Mahjong? Even on the brightest setting with my DS Lite I have trouble making out the tiny characters.
Old 10-24-06, 05:15 PM

Just how many games are on ClubHouse Games?

-NiCK
Old 10-24-06, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just how many games are on ClubHouse Games?

-NiCK
Taken from IGN.com :
42 games are available in Clubhouse Games, most of them playable right from the start. You've got simple games like Memory and Old Maid, to classic can't-miss games like Checkers and Chess, to generically redesigned classics of Battleship, Stratego, and Trouble. There are action games like Bowling and Darts, as well as some oddly addictive teeter-totter balancing game that gives the package its own rendition of Jenga or Kerplunk.
Old 10-24-06, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by PalmerJoss
I just picked up Clubhouse Games with a credit I had at Gamestop. What a great game really - one of the most ideally suited games for a handheld system. You can pick it up, play a quick card game, and finish in about 5 minutes. I think I'm about halfway through the stamp mode. I suck at some of the games, but I like that even if you lose you get a stamp.

On another note, does anyone else have trouble making out the tiles in Mahjong? Even on the brightest setting with my DS Lite I have trouble making out the tiny characters.
I'm trying to go through stamp mode too. I think its a great way to get you to try all the games. I realized some of the games are pretty lame though.

And i hate Dominoes.
Old 10-24-06, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I finished the Stamp mode on easy. In the process, I learned a bit about some games I'd never played, and I muddled through a few that I had nary a clue what was going on.

Awesome game.
Old 10-24-06, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I just ordered the Castlevania set at ebgames.com, but when I check my order the box set comes up as back-ordered. Is everyone's like this? I dotn want it without the set.
Also the ebgames has Phoenix Wright and Trauma center in stock if anyones interested.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.