Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

First Time Buyer -DDD

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

First Time Buyer -DDD

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-06, 12:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First Time Buyer -DDD

Hi everyone,
I am new to the forum and I have learnt a lot o fthings and inofrmation from this forum, Anyways I have never bought anything from DDD but I have read mixed reviews from everyone in this forum. So as a first time buyer I wanted to know if I should buy from them or not. I was also got to know about their sale which will start in November and I am planning to buy it then. Also I am from India and going to school hee in US. So if anyone needs any info about movies from India let me know I may be able to recommend you guys about them.

Cheers!!!
Old 10-23-06, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by sid369
Hi everyone,
I am new to the forum and I have learnt a lot o fthings and inofrmation from this forum, Anyways I have never bought anything from DDD but I have read mixed reviews from everyone in this forum. So as a first time buyer I wanted to know if I should buy from them or not. I was also got to know about their sale which will start in November and I am planning to buy it then. Also I am from India and going to school hee in US. So if anyone needs any info about movies from India let me know I may be able to recommend you guys about them.

Cheers!!!
DDD is great - although I think your post is better suited for the Store Forum

Last edited by lxjenkins; 10-23-06 at 12:22 PM.
Old 10-23-06, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

DDD is fantastic...DO NOT be afraid to buy from them, whatsoever
Old 10-23-06, 12:22 PM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This should probably be in the Store Forum, but...

DDD is fine to purchase from. The real test of a store is how they handle the occasional glitch. I had to have a disc replaced once by them and it was handled satisfactorily. Not as fast and easy for replacement as Amazon, but nothing to keep me from purchasing from them again (which I've done).
Old 10-23-06, 12:23 PM

Abandon hope all ye who enter.

DDD turns you into a DVD crack whore.
Old 10-23-06, 12:34 PM

DDD is great! I've never had a problem with them.
Old 10-23-06, 12:39 PM

Sorry guys for posting it in the wrong thread. You can remove it from here and post it where it should be.

Thanks all you guys it make me feel better to now go ahead and jump into the world of DDD.
Old 10-23-06, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

DDD is awesome> never had a problem except one time. I ordered the Deep Impact CE when it came out a year or so ago and they shipped one to me, never got it after a month. So they shipped another one and eventually two showed up. They told me to keep it.
Old 10-23-06, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry guys for posting it in the wrong thread. You can remove it from here and post it where it should be.

Thanks all you guys it make me feel better to now go ahead and jump into the world of DDD.

Welcome to the Forum sid369!
Old 10-23-06, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
As others have stated, DDD rocks. My most recent experience with DDD:

I had ordered a title that was supposed to come with a metal faceplate, but it did not. I contacted DDD via email and explained to them that w/o the missing faceplate I do not want to keep the item. They responded by informing me that the item was in limited supply and they could not possibly participate in an exchange. Instead, they offered their apologies and told me that they would refund my CC for the amount of the purchase AND allow me to keep the title in question. Now, that is great service. Cheers for DDD!
Old 10-23-06, 01:21 PM

No problems ordering from Canada either.

Recommended!

James
Old 10-23-06, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love them. Keep in mind, however, that depending where you live, their free shipping can take weeks to arrive. If you're in a hurry for something, it's definately worth your while to upgrade the shipping.
Old 10-23-06, 01:32 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Another positive vote for DDD here. I've only had a problem with something I bought from them once ( & the fault wasn't even theirs ) ...& they took care of it quickly. I couldn't even guess how many times I've ordered from them over the years - it's at least 25 ( which I know puts me in the "rookie" category here. lol. ) .

The only semi-drawback is that their shipping can be a little slow. But it's free - you get what you pay for, right? If you don't mind getting your stuff in a week instead of 3-4 days it's not an issue.
Old 10-23-06, 01:48 PM
Cool New Member

DDD is AWESOME. Unless you live in Illinois - then its just GREAT. Altho I recently had an issue with a DVD that had to be returned twice and DDD was extremely helpful and courteous, so their CS makes them AWESOME again... Until the Fall sale... Then they are just GREAT again because I have to pay sales tax...
Old 10-23-06, 01:54 PM

Will it be a good idea to buy a sy 10-12 DVD's together from them when their sale is going on in November. Does it make any difference in their shipping time,for the quantity of DVD'd that you buy. Or is it the same even if you buy 1 DVD.

Cheers!!!
Old 10-23-06, 02:01 PM

Also Guys, if someone could help me with these few questions.
As you may know by now that I am from India and a student here, so my knowledge about DVD is naive. So if someone could enlighten me with my stupid questions that would be great.

I keep reading in the forum about keepcases, what are those and which one should one consider when buying, Does it make any difference.?

Also I have head that box sets are cheaper. i recently started watching South park and want to buy all their seasons, but should i but the entire collection as a box set or should I buy each season independently.

Also my biggest confusion is about region, I don't understand what it is and what to look for when I am buying DVD's.

if anyone can tell me anything else that I should know about buying DVD's and what to look for I would appreciate that.

Cheers!!!
Old 10-23-06, 02:37 PM

You should start a new thread with any questions that have nothing to do with the original one. Keep the discussions separate, you'll get better response.

To answer your original question, DDD is fantastic, as others have said -- as long as you're not in a hurry or on a deadline. Their shipping process is slow, and media mail itself can be slow. If you need something, for instance, in four days to give as a birthday present or something, DDD is not the place to use. But if it doesn't matter to you if something doesn't get to you until more than a week or so after you place your order, DDD is great.

That's not to say that you absolutely will not get your order in less than a week. Sometimes you will. But a lot of times you won't. You just never know.
Old 10-23-06, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Layne
DDD is AWESOME. Unless you live in Illinois - then its just GREAT. Altho I recently had an issue with a DVD that had to be returned twice and DDD was extremely helpful and courteous, so their CS makes them AWESOME again... Until the Fall sale... Then they are just GREAT again because I have to pay sales tax...
Do avoid Illinois when you do your job hunting, DDD fans.
Old 10-23-06, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Location: second star on the right and straight on to the morning
Welcome to the forum
Old 10-23-06, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Another for DDD, great place to order and the free shipping generally reaches me within the week. Order on Monday, have usually rec'd the following Monday.

Last edited by cdoug57; 10-23-06 at 03:20 PM.
Old 10-23-06, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts
Will it be a good idea to buy a sy 10-12 DVD's together from them when their sale is going on in November. Does it make any difference in their shipping time,for the quantity of DVD'd that you buy. Or is it the same even if you buy 1 DVD.

Cheers!!!
Actually, I've found that shipping can be must faster when placing a larger order. They'll frequently upgrade your shipping class, even though you selected the "Free Shipping" option. Just be careful about ordering too many DVDs in one package. DDD uses minimal packing material, and a big heavy box puts some DVDs (especially the ones packed in the corners of the box) at risk of physical damage. 10-12 is a reasonable number though -- big enough to get maybe upgraded, but not so big to make the box huge and heavy. Overall, DDD is a reputable company and they will address any problems that come up
Old 10-23-06, 03:31 PM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

Another very pleased customer:

After many orders I finally got a clinker with a manufacturer's defect. I emailed DDD with a description of the problem. They replied that a new DVD was on the way to me at no cost.

While free shipping during the BIG SALE may take a while, at other times I usually get shipments in about a week.
Old 10-23-06, 03:38 PM
lxl

I spent over $1000 doing business with DDD and only had once received a loose DVD, returned it and got replacement without any difficulties. Their free shipping is slow but that's what you got without paying anything.

They are among in the best online stores.
Old 10-23-06, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Regarding your question about "regions". DDD only sells discs that are Region 1; meaning they will play only in North America if the DVD player is region specific. Quite a few players can be bought that are region free or are hackable. Your discs from India are most likely a different region specific.
Old 10-23-06, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
DDD ... the last time I received an order from them was ...today. Before that, the last one I received was .... 10 days ago.

Obviously, I'm a happy (and frequent) shopper when it comes to DDD.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.