Search this Thread

Old 10-13-06, 02:39 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Battlestar Galactica - "Exodus, Part 1" - 10/13/06

"Exodus, Part 1"
Spoiler:
The Cylons have begun a brutal crackdown on New Caprica's nascent human Resistance movement. With time running out for the colonists, Admiral Adama must launch his rescue attempt earlier than he'd expected. But though he expected a fight from the Cylons, he is unprepared for the one he gets from his son, Lee, who refuses to let the battlestar Pegasus join the Galactica's suicidal attack.
Old 10-13-06, 04:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow....what a wallpaper...DAMN!!!!! Go GALACTICA!!!!!
Old 10-13-06, 05:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Can't wait.

Just got into this show after watching last week's episode, and it is that good of a show.
Old 10-13-06, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
It's Friday and a new episode of BSG is on tonight. Frackin' awesome!
Old 10-13-06, 10:13 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Love the little rituals they have on the show, and Adama always get the good speeches .

Can't wait for Part 2 next week.
Old 10-13-06, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Great episode. Apollo needs to start shedding some weight because it's hard to take him or his scenes very seriously looking like he does. Of course I assume that's the idea. Jamie B. plays it perfectly but I had to stifle a giggle during the saluting scene in the Galactica hanger. He's *so* fat from where he was last season. That's a lot of beer and corn nuts.
Old 10-14-06, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Great episode. But after today, I'm going to stop watching the next episode teasers; they ruined waaaaay too much for my liking. Usually, I'm fine with them just giving a general outline of what is coming next (and certain things are obviously not going to happen
Spoiler:
like the firing squad in this episode
), but this one completely ruined what would have been a good surprise.
Old 10-14-06, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Amanda Plummer character made NO sense.

If the writers wanted to let the Cylons know the child was alive, couldn't they have created a better way than the old "person out of nowhere tells them they saw it in a dream" trick, Chief?

That just made that whole plot line stupid.

And regarding "Galactica Sharon's" promotion to Lt., that seems like a big step to me. I wonder why we didn't get at least a little scene with someone not wanting to serve with her, the CYLON.

Granted, it's been 1 year and 4 months, so the folks on Galactica could see Sharon and Helo living as a couple and getting used to her...but c'mon!
Old 10-14-06, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts
I think we need to have a very special episode of "Who's More Grizzled" with Admiral Adama, Colonel Tigh, and Brother Cavil.
Old 10-14-06, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cornflakeguy
The Amanda Plummer character made NO sense.

If the writers wanted to let the Cylons know the child was alive, couldn't they have created a better way than the old "person out of nowhere tells them they saw it in a dream" trick, Chief?

That just made that whole plot line stupid.
But they've done that before, when the President had her spritual advisor quoting scriptures and prophecies. And they've dealt with dreams all the time. I didn't see that part of the show as out of bounds of what they've set the show up to be.
Old 10-14-06, 08:43 AM

Amanda Plummer is on it now?! Aw Christ! I hate that woman so damned much. I don't know if I can even watch the show I hate her that much.
Old 10-14-06, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by EddieN
Amanda Plummer is on it now?! Aw Christ! I hate that woman so damned much. I don't know if I can even watch the show I hate her that much.
Pretty sure it's a one-shot or at the very least a go away at the end of the story arc shot.
Old 10-14-06, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Another great episode, but I too am going to stop watching the preview at the end. They give too much away.
Old 10-14-06, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by FinkPish
But they've done that before, when the President had her spritual advisor quoting scriptures and prophecies. And they've dealt with dreams all the time. I didn't see that part of the show as out of bounds of what they've set the show up to be.
You are right. But with Laura's advisor, it was a 'bit' more veiled than Plummer's revelation straight out of nowhere.

D'Anna had some dreams, and Plummer backed them up saying it was communication from God. I hope that scenario is revisited in the future and not just a one-off situation to get us from point A to point B.

I will like to say that I loved Tigh's reaction to his wife's activities. I thought for sure he was going to punch her a few times.

I'm confused about Col Tigh. In the first 2 seasons, I was led to believe that he was a military idiot who drank alot and the only reason he was where he was is because he was riding along on Adama's coattails, with Adama's blessing.

Now in season 3 he's the leader of the resistance, and not just because he outranks everybody, but because he seems to be doing a good job.

Am I supposed to think that Tigh DOES have a good military brain and it was the drink that was keeping him down all his youth?

Last edited by cornflakeguy; 10-14-06 at 12:34 PM.
Old 10-14-06, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Not enjoying these episodes on New Caprica. I'll be happy once they're all back on Galactica and Pegasus and fighting the Cylons in space. Don't like Starbuck as a mom, and Apollo's fat suit and make up look so bad it takes me out of the story every time I see him. I sure hope the writers are going to explain why he stopped caring about his appearance. Apollo was really buffed, so to go from that to fat seems hard to believe. I don't think D's "no war to fight" excuse is reason enough for someone that devoted to working out to just quit and let their physique become so grossly overweight.
Old 10-14-06, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

There are going to start using flashbacks so the viewers can find out what happened during that missing year.
Old 10-14-06, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by huh?
Another great episode, but I too am going to stop watching the preview at the end. They give too much away.
I do not watch the preview at the end for the next episodie..and I also do not watch the pre-view fast scenes they show at the end of the opening credits either....those are worse than the preview for the next week's show as far as spoiling things go.

Will be interesting to see what Tigh does to his wife...hope he puts a bullet thru her head...and if he finds out she's been frakking that cylon...he probably will.

Also, Boomer is going to go ape-shit when she learns for sure her baby is alive and that Adama lied to her....sure Helo won't be happy either.
Old 10-14-06, 04:30 PM

Okay, good episode. I hope the writers know what their doing because that scene with Sharon and whatever her name is about Hera seems like a retread of last season. After 1 year where things have gone forward they better not have Sharon start from square one again. Very silly, and I don't recall...Adama has no idea about Hera?

Why make all these small things about Sharon regarding trust, dog tags, being the liason, getting the launch keys just to bring her down?

Sorry just ranting here...
Old 10-14-06, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Absurdly good start to this season. Some of the best TV I've ever seen.
Old 10-14-06, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
I think we need to have a very special episode of "Who's More Grizzled" with Admiral Adama, Colonel Tigh, and Brother Cavil.
My vote goes to Tigh. My opinion of him has quickly changed 180 degrees. It'll be even better if he kicks his wife to the curb.
Old 10-14-06, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I wonder if the part in last week's preview where
Spoiler:
Baltar questions if he is a Cylon
is a part of next week's episode.

Anyways, pretty good episode. I like that they're not dragging out the rescue for a whole season, as some shows might do.
Old 10-14-06, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I loved this epsiode, cant wait for next weeks
Old 10-15-06, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Another great episode. Didn't care much for Amanda Plummer's "wacky" oracle, but Lucy Lawless was great. I'm really liking that storyline, especially once Boomer was told the info about her baby. Friday's can't get here fast enough!
Old 10-15-06, 02:26 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally Posted by JesseCuster
Great episode. Apollo needs to start shedding some weight because it's hard to take him or his scenes very seriously looking like he does. Of course I assume that's the idea. Jamie B. plays it perfectly but I had to stifle a giggle during the saluting scene in the Galactica hanger. He's *so* fat from where he was last season. That's a lot of beer and corn nuts.
The end where he stands on the raptor and salutes had me He looked so bad

I agree, great start to the season.
Old 10-15-06, 08:47 AM

Don't get me wrong I love BSG, but if they are so far in the future, than why are they driving 20 century trucks?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.