10% off Film Movement

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-06, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
10% off Film Movement

from myspace

Hi there Film Movement friend,

Film Movement recently launched a new and improved website, www.filmmovement.com. It is now much more searchable, user-friendly and loaded up with new and useful information.

To celebrate the new website, we want to offer our MySpace friends a 10% discount on our annual subscription service! That's a 10% discount ON TOP OF the already-discounted promotional rate we are offering on the website (which is 20% off our basic rate)!

Please enter the promo code MYSPACE10 when ordering.

Visit our new website and become a member of Film Movement today!
Old 10-11-06, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks, I almost signed up yesterday. I purchased quite a few of their catalog titles at the last 20% off sale. I've really enjoyed most of the films I've seen especially: El Bola, Morlang, Marion Bridge, Wilby Wonderful and OT:Our Town. I could probably buy them cheaper waiting for them but I want to support this company and what they do.
Old 10-11-06, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is the RENEW50 50% discount gone?
Old 10-11-06, 03:04 PM

I wasn't aware of the RENEW50 code, just tried it and it worked! $99.95 for a year sub, not too bad.

Thanks!
Old 12-21-06, 07:51 PM
Cool New Member

Tried RENEW50 code today and it no longer works. Does anyone know if there is a working code for 50% off. MYSPACE10 still works for 10% off bringing an annual subscription to $162.00.
Thanx
Old 01-24-07, 07:28 PM

Man, I just received an email from Film Movement announcing their more "eco-friendly" (read: cheaper) packaging - which is basically the DVD in a square piece of cardboard with an insert instead of a standard DVD case. Although if you order from the catalog you will receive them in regular (non eco-friendly?) DVD cases. But "for those who want to" they can go to their website and "print out" a standard DVD cover.

What a crock. I don't think I'd be as insulted if they didn't try to pass this off as being better for the environment and not just a way to save money. I don't think I'll renew my subscription when it runs out.
Old 01-24-07, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by gribalski
Man, I just received an email from Film Movement announcing their more "eco-friendly" (read: cheaper) packaging - which is basically the DVD in a square piece of cardboard with an insert instead of a standard DVD case. Although if you order from the catalog you will receive them in regular (non eco-friendly?) DVD cases. But "for those who want to" they can go to their website and "print out" a standard DVD cover.

What a crock. I don't think I'd be as insulted if they didn't try to pass this off as being better for the environment and not just a way to save money. I don't think I'll renew my subscription when it runs out.
bummer. you should start a new thread over in the main forum, as I think this will upset several people
Old 01-24-07, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They sent me an email a few months back telling me of this "improvement" and asking my opinion as a subscriber. I told them that if they came in a cheap sleeve that I would cancel my membership. I never heard back.
Old 01-24-07, 08:57 PM

While the packaging issue is a bit inconvient it is much more environmentally friendly. While cheaper may be part of the issue I doubt their intentions were anything but good. I noticed Walmart carried An Inconvient Truth in similar "environmentally friendly" packaging.
Old 01-24-07, 10:03 PM

Well, the part that makes me think it is just to be cheap is that they are still going to sell these titles in their plastic cases for non-subscribers - which will cut down not only on DVD cases/etc costs, but shipping costs for subscribers' DVDs. If they are worried about the plastic that they are wrapped in - then just don't wrap them. It seems to me the packages always came in bubble wrap plastic envelopes too - I'm sure those are a lot worse for the environment than DVD cases.
Old 01-24-07, 10:33 PM

It isn't that plastic is bad for the environment. It is that any unneeded packaging that can be taken out is better for the environment. I assume Film Movement feels like subscribers who recieve many DVDs without standard packaging will find a way to store them, yet non-subscribers who order only 1 DVD might not like that the packaging in no way fits with any other DVDs. Or perhaps they assume subscribers enjoy the films enough to overlook the packaging issues whereas it may be enough for non-subscribers to not buy. In any case, it doesn't bother me much, if you must have cases they can be bought very cheap almost anywhere.