Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Using $5 Best Buy Bucks when buying DVD's

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 10-10-06, 11:15 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went to Best Buy today to pick up Scrubs seasons 1-4, and I had brought my Best Buy Bucks with me. I had plenty of $1 ones, but I had 3 $5 pieces as well.

So I get rung up, and I tell her I want to use $12 in Best Buy Bucks, $3 on each DVD which is the maximum. First she calls someone on the phone and says is it $3 per DVD or $3 per transaction. I told her it was $3 per DVD which she confirmed. So I hand her 2 $5 pieces and 2 $1 pieces for $12. The manager was there from the phone call and says you can't use $5 pieces since it can't take $3 off each DVD with those. Instead of arguing I just gave her 12 $1 pieces instead, but I think that sounds pretty dumb.

So if you are planning on buying more then 1 DVD and using BBB, if you have $1 pieces I would bring those in case they say the same thing about not being able to use the $5 pieces. I'm not sure if it was just this one store or if it's something that happens are more places.
Old 10-10-06, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

im not familiar with best buy bucks and maybe i read this wrong but if you can only use $3 per dvd and they cannot break up a $5 best buy buck, how can you ever spend the $5 best buy buck?
Old 10-10-06, 01:57 PM
Banned

The way this ended up, I guess the $5 BBB would have to be used on something other then a CD or DVD.

I was using $12 total, so I thought since it was $12 combined I could use 2 $5's and 2 $1's. I don't think you should have to use $1 pieces, what if someone got 2, a $1 piece and a $5 piece, they can't use it at all on DVD's?
Old 10-10-06, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts
Is this the same as the Reward Zone coupons?
Old 10-10-06, 02:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by alfredog1976
No, these are from the Monopoly game at McDonald's.
Old 10-10-06, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by alfredog1976
No, it's from the McDonald's Monopoly game... Pretty useless if you ask me but I suppose $3 is $3...
Old 10-10-06, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
i wish the MCD i visted had these BBBucks, i've bought two Premium Chicken sandwich meals and 1 chicken tenders meal (which i had today) nothing on them .... i look up at their ad and i'm almost certain they are showing a picture of a Premium and the Tenders being the ones with pieces on them

*by the way, instead of opening a new topic i'll just ask here. Is anyone else not allowed to enter their codes online anymore? I entered some a few days ago tried to log in to put more in and i get "You are not eligible to play. Click here to visit mcdonalds.com error: 310"

rant: and why in the heck do you have to sit through about 2 minutes of them putting in some random code, opening the vault, turing off the laser security system, bringing up the board from the floor, opening different drawers showing you links? They just cant make something simple can they?