Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Question about Invasion

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-06, 07:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about Invasion

They just started to show the first season of Invasion over here in Europe on AFN (Armed Forces Network).

Did this series get cancelled last season or was it renewed for this year? If it was cancelled did the show end with closure or does it leave you hanging for a second season that isn't coming?

Thanks
RavenTwo
Old 10-09-06, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Cancelled, and you'll probably hate the ending (not much in terms of closure).
Old 10-09-06, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

There isn't much in terms of closure, but its actually really awesome ride from episode 1 to episode 22, although episodes 3-7 can get kinda tidious...
Old 10-09-06, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

The show is very good, but the ending is more of a season finale than a series finale. I am so bitter about how that ended that I didn't watch any of the new serial type shows this year, because I don't want to be caught in the lurch like that again.

I say it is still worth watching though.
Old 10-09-06, 12:38 PM

Thanks all for information, I guess I won't get my hopes up too much.
Old 10-09-06, 10:34 PM

Received 514 Likes on 370 Posts
I'm going to disagree about the ending. Yes, it was left open to continue the story in season two. But the first season's story arc came to a clean finish. The season finale put a lot of things to rest. Had they ended the season an episode early, then that would have been a cliffhanger, and I would definitely be pissed. But I felt pretty satisfied at the end of that final episode. Sure, I wish there was a second season. But even without it, the first season is worth watching.
Old 10-10-06, 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
I'm going to disagree about the ending. Yes, it was left open to continue the story in season two. But the first season's story arc came to a clean finish. The season finale put a lot of things to rest. Had they ended the season an episode early, then that would have been a cliffhanger, and I would definitely be pissed. But I felt pretty satisfied at the end of that final episode. Sure, I wish there was a second season. But even without it, the first season is worth watching.
That's good I didn't want to watch the last episode and go WTF waiting for something that won't be coming.
Old 10-10-06, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Also a lot of answers are given during the first season or at least enough hints are given that you can make some satisfactory conclusions on what is happening.
Old 10-10-06, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought it was a major cliffhanger. I enjoyed the show, but I am kind of mad I watched the entire season only to be left with no conclusion at all.
Old 10-10-06, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The last episode was very Season Finale-ish. It did tie up some of the loose ends from the rest of the season, but you still have no idea of what the big picture is, plus it introduces a major new plot point at the very end of the episode (which presumeably would have been a major focus of the Season 2). The way it ended left me with a bad taste in my mouth.
Old 10-10-06, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
If there was one show I could bring back from last season it would be this one. A damn shame.