Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Beerfest ----> 12/5/06

From dvdactive.com:

Title: Beerfest (IMDb)
Starring: N/A (Various)
Released: 5th December 2006
SRP: $28.98 Each

Further Details:
Warner has announced rated and unrated editions of Beerfest, both of which will be available to own from the 5th December. Each disc will carry a 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen transfer, along with English and French Dolby Digital 5.1 tracks. Extras will include a commentary by director Jay Chandrasekhar and Steve Lemme, a second commentary with writer Kevin Heffernan, Paul Soter and Erik Stolhanske, deleted scenes with optional audio commentary, a Rule #1 featurette in which the filmmakers reveal the most egregious mishaps from the set and beyond, and an interview with the man behind the green goo. Completing the lineup will be Beer 101 History Lesson: The animated history of beer taught by director Jay Chandrasekhar and the lizards, and a theatrical trailer. We've attached the official artwork below:
cover art here:
http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/beerfest.html
Old 10-05-06, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
This is a buy for me. I'd like to see the Unrated version considering all the scenes that were in the trailer but left out of the theatrical.
Old 10-06-06, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A severely underrated comedy. Perhaps the funniest I've seen all year.
Old 10-06-06, 04:00 PM

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts
Hopefully they will release the HD DVD version at the same time.
Old 10-06-06, 04:02 PM

While not laugh-out-loud hilarious as some other comedies I've seen, it did make me want to drink, which totally warrants a purchase.
Old 10-07-06, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i might pick it up if theres a two for 20 deal with super troopers.
Old 10-07-06, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts
Looks like a rental.

Is it justs me or does that seem like an odd place for a review quote on the cover.
Old 10-07-06, 03:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ignition
While not laugh-out-loud hilarious as some other comedies I've seen, it did make me want to drink, which totally warrants a purchase.

You're my new best friend.
Old 10-07-06, 09:24 PM

Even a half-decent drinking movie is better than most others. I'll be getting this for sure.
Old 10-08-06, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yup. I'm in on it as well.
Old 10-08-06, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This'll be a blind buy for me. meow. I loved the other films from these guys, so I'm sure this will be fine.
Old 12-06-06, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

So...Who picked it up? The "press conference" under the menu had me laughing pretty good. "He's the only guy I know who can kiss his own taint"
Old 12-06-06, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
I just finished watching this a few minutes ago. I really liked it alot.
Old 12-06-06, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Picked this up as a blind buy today. Not as good as Super Troopers, but still pretty funny.
Old 12-06-06, 05:08 PM

I didn't because I'm probably getting it for Christmas, but I saw it twice at the theater. That movie is hilarious.

Speaking of drinking, does it have any kind of drinking game related stuff in the extras. One of my fave movies is Eurotrip & they have a drinking game commentary, in which the writers did drink & comment & yes I did it too.
Old 12-06-06, 08:33 PM

I got the unrated cut. Anyone else notice some dialog missing in this version from the theatrical cut? Also, some clips from the trailer not in the movie or deleted scenes?

I will post specefics but I don't know how to use the 'spolier' feature so nothing is ruined for anyone
Old 12-06-06, 10:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So would you recommend seeing the R rated over Unrated version? The running time listed on the packaging are both the same,which implies only so many seconds is the difference.

Is the dialogue missing memorable stuff or forgettable stuff? Are any jokes ruined by being altered and or more explicit/different than the theatrical version?

To do spoilers type [ spoiler] post comments here[ /spoiler] only don't have the space in the [] as I did above for a visual. Here is how it will look when done correctly
Spoiler:
hello
Old 12-06-06, 10:52 PM

I am not sure if they are in tact in the R rated version. Nothing too significant; no jokes are ruined.

The two lines I remember in the theater that is not on my unrated DVD occur during the same scene:

Spoiler:

During the scene when Barry goes home with 'the babe', there are a few back and forth shots missing. I remember the 'dream' girl putting whip cream on Barry, and saying something, then the 'non-dream' girl is cut in squiriting mustard on barry saying 'I like mustard on my hot dog' (which I guess does explain why they have mustard stains on their lips in that scene, so maybe the joke is ruined). Also, there is something the 'dream' girl says, followd by the 'real' girl saying "I am going to F*** you UP!".

Also, the trailers show some girls as if they are pagents for beer. This was no where in the movie or deleted scenes

Maybe someone who got an R rated copy could see if the mentioned lines are in tact...

Anyways, funny movie. The extras are pretty funny. I saw something about a few projects these guys are working on and I'm looking foreward to the future of Broken Lizard.

Cheers!
Old 12-06-06, 10:57 PM

Also, rated version is listed at 112 minutes on amazon.com, but my copy of the unrated version says 116 minutes. I did notice a few scenes that were added from the theatrical cut, just odd that some dialog is missing.
Old 12-07-06, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Regarding the scene that is edited in question:

Spoiler:
When Barry goes to the woman's house, there are some shots deleted, but some shots that were added to the mix as well. The "oral sex" gag was not in the theatrical cut at all (and for for good reason), but as mentioned, the whip cream/mustard gag is gone as well as the "I am going to fuck you up" line.

All the additions to the unrated cut are really small and do not move the film into NC-17 territory except the brief added footage I mentioned.

I was just hoping for more deleted footage, especially since Chandrasekhar mentioned the first cut of the film was almost three hours long and all we have on the disc are barely thirty minutes worth. Christ, at least Fox gave us the nearly 50 minutes of deleted footage on the Club Dread: Unrated disc.
Old 12-07-06, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I liken Broken Lizard to the guy in college who thought he was hilarious, but was the only one that laughed at his jokes and always thought they had to be "on" all the time.
I had such high hopes for Super Troopers, it seemed like the type of comedy that is right up my alley.
It ended up being one of the rare "comedies" I couldn't make it through (a feat that even American Pie: Band Camp succeeded at).
I used the "from the guys that brought you Super Troopers" as a badge of honor to skip any video release with that on it.
It looks like they smartened up and removed that from Beerfest.
The movie has a few SNL guys that I like and I had a free rental so I'll give them another shot.
Old 12-07-06, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Loved this movie, anything about beer is a good time. And it would make a hell of a drinking game. But I don't think it was as good as Super Troopers, however I'm biased cuz I'm from the green mountain state.
Old 12-07-06, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Doug Schiller
I liken Broken Lizard to the guy in college who thought he was hilarious, but was the only one that laughed at his jokes and always thought they had to be "on" all the time.
I had such high hopes for Super Troopers, it seemed like the type of comedy that is right up my alley.
It ended up being one of the rare "comedies" I couldn't make it through (a feat that even American Pie: Band Camp succeeded at).
I used the "from the guys that brought you Super Troopers" as a badge of honor to skip any video release with that on it.
It looks like they smartened up and removed that from Beerfest.
The movie has a few SNL guys that I like and I had a free rental so I'll give them another shot.
Wow...I know if I'm not a fan of Broken Lizard, that I'd certainly make sure to post in a thread talking about buying and/or watching the film. Makes perfect sense to me...Hey look! A Star Wars thread! WOOHOO More to bash!
Old 12-07-06, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, the thread was about Beerfest, and I rented it, so I had a passing interest.
But I never thought in a million years, anyone would write the following words in the following order:
I don't think it was as good as Super Troopers.
But you're right, I won't troll anymore. Sorry.
Old 12-07-06, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Doug Schiller
Well, the thread was about Beerfest, and I rented it, so I had a passing interest.
But I never thought in a million years, anyone would write the following words in the following order:
I don't think it was as good as Super Troopers.
But you're right, I won't troll anymore. Sorry.
no need to apologize, that is why everyone has an opinion I=

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.