Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone familiar with David Ford?

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 10-04-06, 01:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Went to an Aimee Mann concert tonight, and David Ford was the opening performer. Very impressed with his music, most of it based on looping several piano/guitar/vocal/percussion riffs then singing the lyrics. Sounds a little like Badly Drawn Boy/Damien Rice with a little more gravel in his voice. He also looks and sounds like Dominic Monaghan in Lost. I kept waiting for him to bust out into "You All Everybody".

You can listen to four of his songs at his myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/davidford

Just bought his debut album "I Sincerely Apologise for All the Trouble I've Caused" from iTunes. If you get a chance check out the tracks "Cheer Up (You Miserable Fuck)" and "State of the Union" at the myspace page.

Oh, Aimee was fantastic as well. This was her next to last stop on the tour and she took lots of requests for older songs(one guy threw a paper airplane with the lyrics to Moth on the stage). She played "One", "Wise Up" and "Save Me" together and now I have to go watch Magnolia again.

An