Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Will the dvd portion of the new Beck be in 5.1?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-06, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw it listed as a cd/dvd in the Best Buy ad & I think it said the dvd was a video for each song. Will it be in 5.1? I had the limited edition of Geuro that had the whole thing in 5.1 on the second disc along with images that accompanied them. I was hoping this was going to be similar. Anyone know? The 5.1 on Guero was very good & these songs sound pretty similar.
Old 10-03-06, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

did anyone get it yet? I saw the videos at Itunes & they look like real videos, not just the visual screensavers or whatever you'd call the ones on Geuro. I was thinking of getting the videos from Itunes, since I'd be more likely to watch music videos on my ipod. But if it's 5.1, I'd much rather get the cd/dvd.
Old 10-03-06, 09:02 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
I plan on heading on over to BB at lunch, curious myself...
Old 10-03-06, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They have 2 videos on Beck.com that aren't on the cd/dvd. Both of them are pretty good- the first one should have been on the cd. I've listened to the whole cd a few times already & if you liked Guero, you'll like this one. I don't know why some people are saying it doesn't sound like Guero. The one song (I think the single- Nausea) sounds almost exactly like Black Tambourine.
Old 10-03-06, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 911 Likes on 554 Posts
FYI - the websites lists this for $9.99 as well, with free shipping.

Thought this may save someone a trip!
Old 10-03-06, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I can confirm that the DVD is in 2.0. Too bad because Guero 5.1 was excellent...but I'm glad to have the video portion at no extra cost, so I can't complain too much (the 5.1 Guero was super expensive comparatively).

MATT
Old 10-04-06, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mdc3000
I can confirm that the DVD is in 2.0. Too bad because Guero 5.1 was excellent...but I'm glad to have the video portion at no extra cost, so I can't complain too much (the 5.1 Guero was super expensive comparatively).

MATT
I agree...in a way. I'm on track 4, and the videos are really low rent. Don't think I'll be watching them very often. Then again, as basically a "free" DVD, it's still a pretty nice bonus. Also, I think I'm going to like this disc a lot more than Guero.