DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

(DEAD) James Bond Ultimate Collection Vols. 3 & 4 - $45.89 @ DDD

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-06, 12:55 PM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(DEAD) James Bond Ultimate Collection Vols. 3 & 4 - $45.89 @ DDD

DeepDiscountDVD.com just put the James Bond Ultimate Collection volumes 3 & 4 up on their site for $45.89 each. Use the code 'DVD' and an American Express card to get an additional 10% off a purchase of $50 or more. Using that code I was able to get the 2 sets for a total of $82.60 - only $41.30 each.

Consider that they are selling volumes 1 & 2 for $61.05 and the lowest price elsewhere for volumes 3 & 4 is at Amazon for $58.49. I doubt this price will last long, so get them now. They won't be eligible for the 20% sale since they don't come out until December.
Old 09-29-06, 01:08 PM
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition

got it, thanks.
Old 09-29-06, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Nice find!
Old 09-29-06, 01:53 PM

Thanks, OP! I went ahead and pre-ordered 3 & 4. I checked their FAQ, and it says we can generally cancel pre-orders up to 7 days before the release date. So if a better deal comes along before then, I''l simply cancel this order.
Old 09-29-06, 02:10 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Is this deal dead? If not, can you provide a link. I'm seeing $61.05 as the price now.

Thanks
Old 09-29-06, 02:19 PM
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition

they changed the price, i hope they do not cancel my order.
Old 09-29-06, 03:03 PM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Looks like it's dead. They're up to $61.03 now. I got my order confirmation about 45 minutes ago.
Old 09-29-06, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Jim
Looks like it's dead. They're up to $61.03 now. I got my order confirmation about 45 minutes ago.
Same here. I already got my e-mail order confirmation showing the lower price. Do you think they will still honor this price for us?
Old 09-29-06, 03:46 PM
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by moonraker
Same here. I already got my e-mail order confirmation showing the lower price. Do you think they will still honor this price for us?

thanks again jim.
Old 09-29-06, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I missed yet another brief DDD deal because I was at work. I would've ordered these sets at that price (which is in my opinion about the most they're worth to me).

I expect DDD will honor the prices because (1) they often honor misprices (unless they are dramatic like the PotA box set for around $1), (2) this lasted so briefly I doubt very many people got in on it, and mostly importantly (3) I didn't get in on this deal. :-)

What DDD doesn't know is that I (and a few others) keep track of prices of potential purchases. I checked a few other prices while there. James Bond Ultimate V1 & V2 were $55.54 a while ago and are now $61.05. The Searchers (50th Ann.) was $16.45 and is now $20.57. Casualties of War EE was $11.21 and is now $14.02.

If DDD thinks that by raising prices on items I wasn't willing to buy at the lower prices that I'm now going to buy them at the higher prices, they're sadly mistaken. The fact is I'm very hardnosed about prices on principle, and I won't pay more than the lowest (non-mistake) price I've seen on an item. That means I'll never buy James Bond Ultimate V3 and V4 until they are $45.89 or less. No big loss for me since I have the older SEs and don't watch them very often anyway. I can wait a couple years for the BluRay editions.
Old 09-30-06, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Manzana
What DDD doesn't know is that I (and a few others) keep track of prices of potential purchases.

If DDD thinks that by raising prices on items I wasn't willing to buy at the lower prices that I'm now going to buy them at the higher prices, they're sadly mistaken.
Oh they know alright. They have cameras in every room of your house.

Just watching you.
Old 09-30-06, 06:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Manzana
The fact is I'm very hardnosed about prices on principle, and I won't pay more than the lowest (non-mistake) price I've seen on an item. That means I'll never buy James Bond Ultimate V3 and V4 until they are $45.89 or less.
But was that price a sale, or a mistake? By the things posted in this thread
I'd say it was a mistake (it was an active pricepoint for all of an hour). You
made a similar comment in one of the videogame clearance threads if I'm not
mistaken (I apologize if it wasn't you) about never paying more than the lowest
price you see and that these clearance prices were now the low point for the
titles in the thread. While I'd agree with your point on a normal price, a mistake
on a website and a specific store taking a loss to clear up space may only leave
you waiting forever for a pricepoint that may never come.
Old 09-30-06, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It'll drop down $45.XX after 20% off this December. I have no worry the deal is DEAD or NOT