Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Arranging Music Videos...

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 09-14-06, 09:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, not sure if this is the appropriate forum to address this issue...

I have probably 100 factory DVDs with music videos, and I am throwing a small party in which I want to play videos from my collection.

Ideally I would like to play my choice of videos in a "DJ format" - "Just Can't Get Enough" by Depeche Mode following by Peter Gabriel's "Big Time," etc. etc.

Any suggestions on how I might accomplish this?

For example:

A) renting a DVD changer?
B) burning the videos into the proper sequence?
C) purchasing video from Itunes and putting them on DVD?

I'm not sure how I can accomplish this.

FYI...I am willing to spend a few hundred dollars on the project, so equipment rental is within the budget.

Thanks for any help/ideas.

Regards,
Matt
Old 09-14-06, 09:23 AM
Banned

The problem is, what you're trying to do is illegal if you're using a burner.

if you're using a changer, there's no way to just jump directly to the particular video you want. It will have a serious lag between clips.

There's no "easy" way of doing it. If you're really serious, I could probably walk you through it via email.

This thread will be closed very soon.
Old 09-14-06, 09:36 AM

...on the legal note...curious if music videos would have the same legal coverage as for audio tracks, which would permit burning of music that I own (if not sold/distributed), correct?

- Matt
Old 09-14-06, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,401 Likes on 1,026 Posts
This is actually a good example of why I'm not that interested in a new hidef DVD format; the format we have now still has so much potential.

I would love to see someone create a box for my HT that contained a massive harddrive, that I could rip my movies and tv shows too. You'd be able to do what the OP is suggesting, or put all the Looney Tunes shorts from the 4 disc sets on there and put them in chronological order, same with the Disney shorts from the tins. You could set up a "movie night" program where you could play trailers from other DVDs like at the theater, then show maybe an animated short, then the main feature.

I am *not* talking about ripping DVDs to steal them, I'm talking about getting the maximum use from the DVDs I legally own. In fact, it's no different (except in scale) from the idea of an iPod. Unfortunately I know exactly what would be done with it (and what's done with iPod's) and that's why we'll never see it
Old 09-14-06, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by milo bloom

I am *not* talking about ripping DVDs to steal them, I'm talking about getting the maximum use from the DVDs I legally own. In fact, it's no different (except in scale) from the idea of an iPod. Unfortunately I know exactly what would be done with it (and what's done with iPod's) and that's why we'll never see it
until ripping movies is as affordable as stealing music became...free downloads, cds under a nickel a piece, bigger hard drives, quick d/l time made music quick and easy for the taking.

movies are a bit more complicated. the hardware and software needed (while affordable) isn't dirt cheap and as readily available as cd burners and napster were a few years back.

I-Tunes made it cool to pay for music again...someome will try and follow that model