Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

The Office Season 2 at overstock?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-06, 10:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Office Season 2 at overstock?

anyone order this from overstock?

Mine hasn't shipped yet, it says they don't have it in stock yet. what's up with that?

Not sure if I'm posting in the right section...
Old 09-12-06, 10:21 AM

I have had horrible exepreinces with Overstock. I've ordered from them twice in the last few months and in both cases have had shipping issues for pre-ordered items. Items ordered months ahead of time. They should change their name to Outofstock.com.
Old 09-12-06, 10:25 AM

Mine shipped on Friday.
Old 09-12-06, 10:34 AM

They also pack tv box sets terribly. Expect it to come in two sheets of thick-ish brown paper that are glued together, and expect it to be nicked on the corners.
Old 09-12-06, 11:06 AM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

Mine hasn't shipped yet, either.
Old 09-12-06, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Mine hasn't shipped either, WTF?
Old 09-12-06, 03:48 PM

My copy arrived today.
Old 09-12-06, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm having a terrible time trying to get my copy of Arrested Development that I preordered from Overstock.com. I thought I'd get it the week of release, three weeks later and its missing in the USPS system.
Old 09-12-06, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I preordered a Nintendo DS from Overstock, it took at least 4 weeks to get to me.
Old 09-12-06, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

cancel it and get it from Circuit City for 18 bones
Old 09-16-06, 12:23 PM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got an email from Overstock yesterday night that said there was an "unexpected delay" and I could cancel my order if I want. I'm trying to decide what to do: I used a $15 off coupon on the order, so it only cost $19, and the coupon would be dead by now so I couldn't use it again. On the other hand, I'm considering cancelling and trying to get the Season 1 and 2 "Severance Package" for $43 from Best Buy in the 1 day I have left (the CC price screwup is dead in my area).

"Cheap price from Overstock" vs. "Not having to deal with Overstock and actually having the set today"? Thoughts?

Last edited by sb5; 09-16-06 at 12:26 PM.
Old 09-16-06, 01:39 PM

I received the same email as sb5, delayed 1-20 days. Funny thing is, the website claims it is in stock and ships within 1-4 days. I used the online chat and asked what was going on. The CSR first said that it was in fact in stock, but in the very next line stated that it may have been delayed due to the publisher. How can something be both currently delayed and in stock? I was told it should ship within 7 business days of release, so if it's not shipped by 9/21, you should use the online chat (I know I will). If I hadn't used the $20 coupon, I would have picked it up @ CC.
Old 09-16-06, 01:41 PM

Overstock will eventually come through. Sometimes they dont ship before release, sometimes they ship about a week late. I preordered some stuff with the coupon screw up and my game shipped a week late, my dvd set shipped the friday before the street date.

If you want your stuff the day it comes out stay away from overstock (and most other etailers too for that matter). Everything is a trade off. If you wait you can get better deals, if you want it now go to a b+m store and pay, the lease on the building, and the moron employees measly salary.
Old 09-16-06, 03:27 PM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

*Paranoid Theory Alert*

Maybe the fact they we used $15 and $20 coupons is the reason there are "unexpected delays" despite being listed as "in stock". As in, they hold back the orders for people who used the (now dead) coupons and say "Sorry, there's been a delay, but we'll be happy to cancel you order if you want, no problem." Thus, several orders that had $15-20 off are cancelled.

I don't necessarily believe that; it's just something that popped into my head.

I decided to stick with the order. Like blucadet3 said, I knew when I ordered with Overstock that I could possibly not be getting my stuff in a timely fashion; I would have ate the cost and got it from another store if I was in a desperate hurry.
Old 09-16-06, 04:40 PM

I received my Arrested Development S3 on time (used the $15 coupon), so I don't think it's just because of the coupons. My point wasn't that it wasn't shipped on time, but that the company doesn't seem to know what's going on relative to what's in stock and when it will ship, as the email stated one thing but the live chat CSR said another. I don't know what the status was on Tue., but on Thu. the set was listed as in stock and ready to ship, yet I didn't hear anything until Fri. when I received an email that said it was delayed, but it was still listed as in stock and ready to ship.
Old 09-16-06, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Mine was using the $15 coupon as well, and I got the "delay" email too. I really dislike overstock. Their customer service is some of the worst I have had. I'll probably let the order ride out, but I can guarantee you I won't be using them on anything I eagerly want.
Old 09-22-06, 02:20 PM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

Finally got a shipping notice today.

And thankfully, it's regular USPS, rather than UPS-MI, which a lot of people seemed to have problems with.