Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Basic Instinct 2 - view and thoughts

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-06, 02:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BASIC INSTINCT 2 - 2/5

Not *too* bad but felt mostly like a DTV version, almost a re-tread, of the first film. David Morrissey (who?) is no Michael Douglas and the film lacked the slickness and performances of the first movie and its further dumbed down by having the Sharon Stone character read passages from her novels in voiceover, so basically you know what will happen and where the twists are.
There are even little touches to remind you of the first movie, Jerry Goldsmith's famous main theme, mentions of previous characters names ("I once knew a San Fransisco detective - Nick Curran", etc). That said Stone's character is still the most interesting in the film, but only compared to everyone else.
Oh, and Shazza looks amazing for 46/47 in the movie

Really not a patch on the original Basic Instinct however.

Spoiler:
Was Michael really the killer or was that just the plot of Stone's book she was describing? Would have been a twist at least but I don't think he was at all, Stone writes in the front "I couldn't have done it without you")

Last edited by grim_tales; 09-10-06 at 05:41 AM.
Old 09-09-06, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by grim_tales
BASIC INSTINCT 2 - 2/5

Not *too* bad
I disagree. It was god-fucking-awful.

David Morrissey (who?) is no Mick Douglas
And Mick Douglas doesn't hold a candle to Michael Douglas. Or to the recently deceased talk show host Mike Douglas.

Anyway, this movie has been out for months, which means there is already extensive discussion about it: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread....Basic+Instinct
Old 09-10-06, 03:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I watched the hell out of the first one when I was young. Sure I was a teen looking for a cheap thrill but the movie was decent as well.

I watched about 40 minutes of the second one and figured that her boobs were going to be the only highlights of the film. I realize that as much as I wanted to see those......I'd be be better off searching for pics on Google.
Old 09-10-06, 05:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I mean Michael Douglas!