Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Question about which version to buy of old sci-fi movies?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 09-06-06, 10:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need DVD Talk's help. I want to get Forbidden Planet, Them, The Thing from Another World, and It came from Outer Space and I didn't know how to purchase them (separately or as a set if they offer it). I also didn't know if they were planning any special editions of the DVDs like they are for Forbidden Planet. I noticed on amazon a 3 disc set of Them, Thing, and Forbidden Planet but I would rather have the new 2 disc version of FP. Should I just get them all separately or does anyone know of another set or "2 movies on 1 dvd" DVD OR if there are any future special editions of these movies coming out? (Except Forbidden Planet which I already know about) Any suggestions?
Old 09-06-06, 11:53 AM

my advice is to get the FP:SE and buy the rest separately. The THEM disc had some nich photos of how the creatures were made. doubt we will get more of supplments for that. as far as the thing goes, surprised there wasn't a SE alreay with no less than 2 versions of the Carpenter's remake released.

These are great films- I wouldn't wait..
Old 09-06-06, 12:04 PM

THEM was just re-released as a double feature with Harryhausen's THE BEAST FROM 20,000 FATHOMS. It's $9.99 at Best Buy and worth every penny. It's a double-sided disc and features the same transfer and extras as the original releases (bit-for-bit).

And it's in a keepcase rather than a snapper