Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Games you would most like to see on the Wii

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-06, 06:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Games you would most like to see on the Wii

I was discussing this topic with some friends last night and the top two games (other than announced games) that my firends and I came up with were pikmin and donkey kong. Consenses was that the new controller will lend itself to interesting entries into both of these series.

Are there games you would like to see on the Wii that haven't been announced yet?

Mods- if you think this belongs in the main Wii thread than feel free to move it. Sometimes I have a hard time following a seperate discussion inside a larger thread so i broke it out.
Old 09-06-06, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Nintendo:
Pikmin -a shoe in and will be a great use of the controller.

Kid Icarus - Come on, a 20 year hiatus? Enough already. The Sept. 14th Nintendo event promises to reveal some new games that haven't been shown yet. I have a feeling this might be one of them.

Wave Race - I'm still waiting on a proper sequel to the 64 incarnation. The GC version was the same game with pretty graphics. Hopefully the Gamecube didn't kill this franchise.

Mario Party - I know this game has been done to death, but the franchise has gotten off track and I'd love to see it get back to form, the fun simple boards of the first two games. I'd also like to see in addition to the standard 50 new mini-games, but include 90% of ALL the previous mini-games from the other 7 games, making this the Mario Party to end all Mario Party's. It is a 4.5/9 GB disc, surely this would be possible. The only exceptions would be mic specific games and maybe tweaking the "analog swirly" games from MP1 to take advantage of the Wiimote. So we would be talking 400+ mini-games.

Luigi's Mansion 2 - The first was fun enough, it was just too easy and too short. Fix those problems and I'm buying. This seems like an unlikely title to get a sequel though. The Wiimote would, again, be perfect for this game.

Third Parties:
Lemmings - not sure if this game has even seen a Nintendo platform, but it's old school fun that would lend itself greatly to the controller. I would also love one for the DS.

Worms - Another one that makes sense with the controller.

Zuma or Magnetica - Both could be very interesting with the Wiimote. Magnetica preferrably since it has more depth and play options than Zuma.

Root Beer Tapper - Seriously. Pouring a beer with the Wiimote and slinging it down the bar at the oncoming customers? Fun! Another one that would be great on the DS as well. A new version of course, not the original. I could see where a wrist strap for the Wiimote would come in handy with this game. Don't want to accidentally sling it through the tv screen.

Paperboy- In a half joking way, this could be as fun as a revised Root Beer Tapper with the controller. Maybe Midway could revise a handful of old classics for the Wiimote and package them together.

Summer Games or Winter Games or Track and Field these multi-sport Olympic games seem to have been lost with the times, but they would make great companion pieces to WiiSports.

Lode Runner - While we're digging up old classics. Just because we haven't seen one in a while. Although the DS version might suffice.

Putt-Putt / Mini-Golf - Mario Golf is fun, but how about a new take on the sport? This could either be third party, or a Nintendo branded staple, I don't care which, but a fun game like Mini-Golf sounds perfect for the Wii.

Last edited by Michael Corvin; 09-07-06 at 06:40 AM.
Old 09-06-06, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Those of course are almost all existing IPs. I'd love to see a flood of third party support with new exlclusive titles. Not to be greedy of course.
Old 09-06-06, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd really love to see Nintendo do another cel-shaded game. It doesn't HAVE to be Zelda (since it seems Americans want Zelda Extreme) but they really blew all other cel games out of the water with Wind Waker and I don't think another company is ever going to match that level of artistry with the technique (though we'll see what Dragon Quest IX brings to the table).

Otherwise, I'm not being too picky.. I think most Nintendo properties are going to continue and the one sequel I'd personally really love to see, Zelda: Four Swords 2, would probably work better on the DS. I'll second a sequel to Luigi's Mansion, they managed to nail the "feel" of vacuuming ghosts on a regular controller, I can't imagine how awesome it'd be using the Wii controller.
Old 09-06-06, 09:49 AM
Retired

FYI there was a blurb in EGMs rumor section an issue or two ago that a sequel to Luigi's Mansion was being developed for Wii.
Old 09-06-06, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Luigi's Mansion was the first thing I thought of and I'm surprised to already see it mentioned 3 times. Perfect control scheme for that game.

I'd love to see a return of Punch Out as well.

Speaking of Pikmin, a couple of weeks ago we were at my daughters' gymnastics class and the 5-year-old class was putting up this big, circular mat and they were all running around finding a spot to help lift and I couldn't help myself to make the Pikmin noise as they did it. Even my non-gaming wife laughed at the similarity.
Old 09-06-06, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
A true sequel to Majora's Mask. Obviuosly we'll get at least one Zelda game, but the chances of it being a true sequel to Majora's Mask are pretty low.
Old 09-06-06, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by pinata242
I'd love to see a return of Punch Out as well.
Excellent choice!
Old 09-06-06, 02:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jeremy517
A true sequel to Majora's Mask. Obviuosly we'll get at least one Zelda game, but the chances of it being a true sequel to Majora's Mask are pretty low.
Pretty much the only way to ensure I won't buy a Zelda game.

How about Castlevania, witht he player whipping and axe-throwing all the undead he/she can stand?
Old 09-06-06, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by uwftke26
How about Castlevania, witht he player whipping and axe-throwing all the undead he/she can stand?
Niiiice. I like the way you think.

Thanks for the Luigi info Josh.
Old 09-06-06, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Load Runner - While we're digging up old classics. Just because we haven't seen one in a while. Although the DS version might suffice.
"Lode Runner"
Old 09-06-06, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Mario Party could be a really fun multiplayer game with the Wii-mote
Old 09-06-06, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That sounds awesome.
Old 09-06-06, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Breakfast with Girls
"Lode Runner"
I knew that. Must have been my proper grammer making its way into my post during my speed typing while at work.
Old 09-06-06, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'm just looking forward to the rumored Star Wars game. That new controller is just begging to be used as a lightsaber.

So that, and also that "Conduct a Symphony" game that everybody's always wanted. . .

Last edited by Matt; 09-07-06 at 01:20 AM.
Old 09-06-06, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think this goes right along with the rumored lightsaber Star Wars game or a Harry Potter wand game. It'd be stupid for the companies NOT to make these games with the full Wiimote support, and I'd love to see them.

I'd also love to see someone (Capcom, Konami, Nintendo, whoever) do a really good horror survival along the lines of a slower, Silent Hill-esque experience. I'd like to see a new property though. The Wiimote could serve as a flashlight, weapon, turning knobs, etc. Maybe a Wiimote in each hand, flashlight and action/weapons? I think an immersive, horror-themed game, played in the dark, could be a truly scary experience. It could be modern, or set in the past, vampires, zombies, werewolves, or ghosts especially, whatever. Just something that is all about atmosphere and how the Wiimote can be used to enhance that.

Of course, there are lots of other things I'd like to see as well.
Old 09-06-06, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Rez with fleshed-out gameplay.
Old 09-06-06, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Originally Posted by outer-edge
I think this goes right along with the rumored lightsaber Star Wars game or a Harry Potter wand game. It'd be stupid for the companies NOT to make these games with the full Wiimote support, and I'd love to see them.

I'd also love to see someone (Capcom, Konami, Nintendo, whoever) do a really good horror survival along the lines of a slower, Silent Hill-esque experience. I'd like to see a new property though. The Wiimote could serve as a flashlight, weapon, turning knobs, etc. Maybe a Wiimote in each hand, flashlight and action/weapons? I think an immersive, horror-themed game, played in the dark, could be a truly scary experience. It could be modern, or set in the past, vampires, zombies, werewolves, or ghosts especially, whatever. Just something that is all about atmosphere and how the Wiimote can be used to enhance that.

A great first person survival horror game would be perfect on this system with a flashlight/gun setup. I can't imagine someone isn't already developing this concept. I'm getting excited all over again.
Old 09-06-06, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by edytwinky
Mario Party could be a really fun multiplayer game with the Wii-mote
I think the odds of a Mario Party game on the Wii are incredibly poor.
Old 09-07-06, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeremy517
I think the odds of a Mario Party game on the Wii are incredibly poor.

And also @ "Load Runner", that sounds like a potty training game.
Old 09-07-06, 06:43 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

From IGN today:
Back at E3 we spoke to Castlevania's main man, Koji Igarashi to talk about Portrait of Ruin, the anticipated sequel to Dawn of Sorrow, on the Nintendo DS.

At that time Iga was understandably skeptical about how comfortable it would be to use a Wii-mote to whip for hours. Specifically, he said "I'm very interested in the Wii hardware, and I'm attending a Nintendo presentation in Japan, as well as a Nintendo press conference this week. I realize that the Wii market is casual gamers, that are looking forward to a short game experience and I hardly doubt that with the Castlevania style, they'll all sit down and want to play for multiple hours or even a day. Also, I just really can't think of any good ideas. My thought is that a Castlevania game doesn't fit very well with it unfortunately. But maybe when I go back to Japan I might come up with some brilliant idea, and I'll try to think of the possibilities."

Recently, Nintendo's European site printed an interview with Iga from the German Games Convention. Now, Iga has some news for those interested in seeing Castlevania come to the Wii. When asked if he'd given further thought to the idea Iga replied, "We still can't think about anything other than this DS version because we are so busy, but of course we would like to think of something interesting and pleasant for Wii. I have some ideas for Castlevania for Wii."

That's a juicy tease for fans of the series.
Old 09-07-06, 10:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by outer-edge

Very, very cool idea...can you imagine sitting in a dark room, looking at a dark screen and pointing your remote "flashlight" is the only way to light your path/see monsters? Awesome.
Old 09-07-06, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Some type of drumming game would be cool.
Punch-Out would be awesome with the motion sensor.
The WiiMote as a flashtight is an awesome idea.
Old 09-07-06, 06:21 PM

I'm looking forward to the Star Wars game.
I'd like to see some licensed sports game.

Also, I would like to see a crap load of reasonably priced retro games. I wish they'd add the SMS to their list as well.

I wish Sega would revive the Wonder Boy franchise w/the Wii.
Old 09-08-06, 04:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Was there ever a SNES version of Pinball Illusions? Would love to see that on the Virtual Console (and Pinball Fantasies)
I used to have the PC version of Illusions but mistakenly got rid when we got Windows XP

Like to see a new DK game ala Donkey Kong 64

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.