Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

My Network TV Debut

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-06, 11:13 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Network TV Premieres

Anybody see the premieres of Desire and Fashion House? Desire sucked, but I thought FH was campy fun... Dynasty: The Next Generation.

Last edited by THX7966; 09-06-06 at 12:27 AM.
Old 09-06-06, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
I'm confused by this in my market. Supposedly the Phoenix market was going to have the CW. But the channel it was supposed to be on has this stuff.

BTW, your title made it seem like you were on tv.
Old 09-06-06, 04:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you miss the nightly airings, you can re-watch them the next day from 11 am-1 pm...

Except Friday's shows air Saturday from 12-2 pm and there are also late-night airings Satuday night midnight-2 am.

Around here, this 'channel' is on KCOP, Channel 13, as KTLA, WB will soon be CW.
Old 09-06-06, 05:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by THX7966
I thought FH was campy fun...
yeah sort of funny how the quickly preview they ran 2min before the show started must have shown around 8+ different "cat fights" or someone getting slapped etc..

I've always like cheesy trashy tv etc so I also thought Fashion House was the better of the two shows. They really seem to be sticking with a telenovela vibe for both shows as they said they would and not a day time soap sort of feeling. So far no one is standing around going "Jim, you know Cindy still has feeling for Joe but Jane..." for 20min.. Both shows seem more light then deep angst, I would say they are both very much like Titans was a few years ago.

100% sure I have no desire to watch a show 5 eps a week but I'm sure I'll catch an ep here or there every now and then..

Also happy to say that the HD is a nice clean 1080i and not the crappy grainy junk that the WB was (station that My Network took over in my area)

even if they might have one of THE worst HD logos I have seen in years.. goooooood lord I would joke "Can they make it any bigger!?" but then might go ahead and do that. Yuck! Resized to 1600x900 but you get the idea.. 3 from Desire, one from FH. Sofia Milos who was on CSI maimi, girl in gold is Vivian Gray and the hottie in the glasses is some new girl named Erika Schaefer.. hellllllo..

Old 09-06-06, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Deftones
I'm confused by this in my market. Supposedly the Phoenix market was going to have the CW. But the channel it was supposed to be on has this stuff.
According to the networks' respective Web sites, My Network will be on KUTP-45 and CW will be on KASW-6 (the current WB affiliate). The CW doesn't launch until 9/18, so until then KASW will still be airing WB stuff.
Old 09-06-06, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Why do we need this channel?
Old 09-06-06, 11:40 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I'm very confused by this thread. I thought this was going to be about THX7966 appearing on Network tv! Me dumb.
Old 09-06-06, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mopower
Why do we need this channel?
We don't, but I'm sure the affiliates that lost either UPN or WB like having it.
Old 09-06-06, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by DeadLamb
I've always like cheesy trashy tv etc so I also thought Fashion House was the better of the two shows. They really seem to be sticking with a telenovela vibe for both shows as they said they would and not a day time soap sort of feeling.
The telenovela vibe is as follows:
Everyone is trying to sleep with each other and/or steal their money.
Lead characters need not have chemistry since they will be having several steamy illicit affairs.
Supporting cast must be extremely attractive and horny except for old brujas, comedy characters and corpses. (This is the make or break rule for me.)
Cleavage is mandatory for all women under 60, even at funerals.
Events happen extremely fast, no sitting around courtrooms or long speeches. Feelings are displayed in shorthand by crying, screaming, catfights, kicking in the cojones, punching in the face, poisoning the tequila, pulling a trigger or unsuccessfully attempting suicide.
Dramas must have plenty of sex interrupted by violence.
Comedies must have plenty of sex interrupted by outrageous slapstick humor.

"Desire" is a gangster show, I have only watched a few minutes but will reserve judgment until I see all the female cast. The opening scene of the morning-after-a-one-night-stand showed promise.
"Fashion House" has definite potential as a trashy comedy with Bo and Morgan as the older female adversaries, since in telenovelas these roles are often played by hags. This is the Dallas/Dynasty element, but they still need to keep the story and dialogue way way over the top. So far the eye candy is ok, but well below the level of the chicas on the spanish novelas filmed around Miami. I wish them success anyway because regular network daytime soaps have sucked for many years, and the nightime stuff, well, isn't Eva Longoria the main reason to watch Desperate Housewives?

I am an old gringo who discovered the world of telenovelas two years ago when a spectacular bikini made me screech to a halt while channel surfing. Would you believe that every weekday there are 20 hours of novelas on the 4 main spanish channels? I usually watch the 4 evening Telemundo novelas because they provide english subtitles on CC3. A few others I watch with the spanish subtitles and can get the drift of the story but not the jokes. Last year I bailed on Lost, Alias, Survivor, baseball and most of prime time because Telemundo was more entertaining. A few years ago I never would have predicted my addiction and everybody thinks I'm crazy. Oh well, at least I've learned how to call Argentina for $.25 a minute and where to get a good deal on a Dodge conversion van.
Old 09-07-06, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
I saw the previews for these a few weeks ago - cheesy as hell but a ton of hot ass.
Old 09-07-06, 12:01 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

This channel replaced UPN in the NY area, WB becomes the CW.
Old 09-07-06, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You can go to http://www.mynetworktv.com for lots of info, but it's a little graphic heavy.

Here's Wikipedia's list of the affiliates...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor..._TV_affiliates