Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Madden 2007

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-06, 07:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Madden 2007

So I'm in the grocery store picking up some cake mix (wife's birthday), and I decide to check out their small electronics section. Lo and behold they have Madden 2007 for the xbox 360, a week before the release date.

Has anyone else seen it around and pick it up ?? I was going to buy but held off. I'm a huge football fan, but always liked the NFL 2K series over Madden. Just wondering on the what th buzz was around this years Madden for the 360.
Old 08-17-06, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts
A week early, and in a grocery store to boot? What alternate universe is this? How much was it?

I would have bought it, especially if you were a huge football fan.
Old 08-18-06, 06:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, buy it and sell it on EBAY with Next-Day shipping

I think the buzz is pretty good on it. IT HAS to be better than the first effort on the 360.
Old 08-18-06, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by JHosk
So I'm in the grocery store picking up some cake mix (wife's birthday), and I decide to check out their small electronics section. Lo and behold they have Madden 2007 for the xbox 360, a week before the release date.

Has anyone else seen it around and pick it up ?? I was going to buy but held off. I'm a huge football fan, but always liked the NFL 2K series over Madden. Just wondering on the what th buzz was around this years Madden for the 360.

Don't hold out for NFL 2K this year...there won't be one. EA Sports has an exclusive NFL license. Madden is the only game in town.

My question to everyone is are you going to get the regular version or the Hall of Fame version?

I personally ordered the Hall of Fame edition from Deep Discount DVD.
Old 08-18-06, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I see NO point in the HOF edition. It seems like you get a DVD with the lame-ass Madden Challenge on it. It would be nice if they added the old game like the PS2 did a year or two ago.
Old 08-18-06, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I didn't care for '06, but '07 should be an improvement. The 360 version is supposed to be on sale for $47.99 at Circuit City next week, according to the bargain section.
Old 08-18-06, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Austin, Texas XboxLIVE Gamertag: Golucky Timezone: Central (CST)
I just don't see me buying Madden this year. I'm still slightly pissed that EA owns all the NFL videogame rights.
Old 08-18-06, 09:51 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I'm thinking about renting this. I'm not a football watcher, but I enjoy the games. I prefer Madden over 2K.
Old 08-18-06, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by goLUCKY
I just don't see me buying Madden this year. I'm still slightly pissed that EA owns all the NFL videogame rights.
It's time to move on over this....it happened, it's done. 2K got 3rd part MLB rights, so boycott them also.
Old 08-18-06, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

EA is the laziest videogame developer of all time.

= J
Old 08-18-06, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by DJ_Longfellow
It's time to move on over this....it happened, it's done. 2K got 3rd part MLB rights, so boycott them also.
I agree and disagree with this statement. I agree that you should also boycott the fact that 2K got the MLB rights but I disagree with the assumption that it's somehow cool that a single company owns the NFL license rights just because another company owns the rights to a different sport.

People shouldn't just be like "oh well that's how it is" it's absolute bullshit that a single company owns the rights to a single sport EA has always been slow to improve thier games let alone revolutionize them and with no competition they have absolutely no reason to ever do anything about it. Understanding that madden 06 for the 360 was absolute shit, 07 should at least play better on the 360, that being said if you want an NFL game maybe you should hold off on buying this game till Madden 08 comes out then grab 07 for $15 and keep it till the next gen systems come out because you're not going to be getting jack shit from this franchise except roster changes and rookies each year for $60 and to me that's not worth it.

It's a damn shame because at the Madden 05/2k5 stage 2K had finally made a better game and that should have had EA on their toes, but when it came time to do something about it instead of making a better game they just bought rights instead.
Old 08-18-06, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
I've bought Madden on PC the last 3 years, and have enjoyed them all. While the changes between versions might be slight, the additions made such as the right analog stick functions have been generally positive and enhanced gameplay. The only thing I disliked was the QB vision.

I'm not sure if I have time to play 07 so I'm not sure yet if i'll pick it up, but for me it's been worth it every year as a huge fan of the Madden series.
Old 08-18-06, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I thought NFL is the one who approached game companies for their exclusive license, and EA outbid them all. Doesn't make EA better but the blame should go to NFL. EA is just lazy and they tweak the codes and add superflorous stuff in their annual updates.

Good for them, so many people still buy it anyway.
Old 08-18-06, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Evidently there are a couple of glitches in the 360 version and EA are dragging their feet to fix them. One is that the player's stamina hardly decreases any. The other, and they say this is not a glitch, is that once you have unlocked legendary players they show up on teams in franchise mode.

I am an old school Madden junkie - back to the original on my Genesis, but EA has just been horrible the last 5+ years. I might skip Madden this year, making this the second time I have skipped a Madden. The other time was my hiatus between my PS1 and PS2. Although if it is $47 I may go ahead and get it anyway.
Old 08-18-06, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 910 Likes on 672 Posts
Where did you hear about those glitches? Neither one looks like it will hurt the gameplay in any way. As long as the stamina decreases slowly for both teams I don't see it as a big deal.
Old 08-18-06, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Cusm
I am an old school Madden junkie - back to the original on my Genesis, but EA has just been horrible the last 5+ years.
?!?!?! Madden 2001 & 2002 for the PS2 were horrible?!??!
Old 08-18-06, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
Yeah, I'd go as far as to say that 02 was the best NFL game to date (IMO of course).
Old 08-18-06, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,497 Posts
Hmm... those glitches sound pretty bad, especially the "feature" where legendary players are automatically added to the rosters (and I assume are inserted into games).

I have two concerns:
1) How stripped down will the Xbox 360 one be compared to the Xbox/PS2?
2) Will this game, like NCAA 360 before it, error out with "unreadable" disc errors?
Old 08-18-06, 02:46 PM

Neither one looks like it will hurt the gameplay in any way. As long as the stamina decreases slowly for both teams I don't see it as a big deal.
It could give a big advantage to teams with fast running QB's, namely Vick and Vince Young, or great RBs. Imagine being able to run a bootleg or QB run every play, with no real consequences. It's going to hurt online play more then anything, but it takes away some amount of strategy in the single player game too, with substitutions and such.
Old 08-18-06, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by BabiG
It could give a big advantage to teams with fast running QB's, namely Vick and Vince Young, or great RBs. Imagine being able to run a bootleg or QB run every play, with no real consequences. It's going to hurt online play more then anything, but it takes away some amount of strategy in the single player game too, with substitutions and such.
I agree. I don't really play sports game on-line much so I didn't think of that. I'd much rather have a bug like that than a bug that crashes the game though.

I don't see EA putting too much effort into the next gen versions until the PS3 comes out since I'm sure the PS2 version still greatly outsells all others. Too bad cause they could be doing some crazy stuff with the 360 right now if they wanted to.
Old 08-18-06, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
I did not have a PS2 until 2003 was out, so I will have to take your word it was good. I guess I should have said 3-4 years not 5.

Heard about these issues here.

And as someone that does 90% franchise I do not want Joe Montana or Barry Sanders showing up on for the Cardinals or the Browns 3 years into my franchise.

Last edited by Cusm; 08-18-06 at 04:27 PM.
Old 08-18-06, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Glitches on an EA Sports 360 game? No fucking way!
Old 08-18-06, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Actually, I've always wanted legends to be part of franchises, but I want it to be a fixed list. I usually fantasy draft my franchise anyway, so if legends are available at draft time, absolutely throw them in the pot. Just don't add them during the franchise, that would suck.
Old 08-18-06, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DJ_Longfellow
I can't go along with this statement. It's cool to boycott both, but EA will never get me to buy a Madden game again. They own the license solely because Sega dropped the price and EA wants the prices to go up not down. I preferred 2K series myself, but any competition is better than none. When one company says here, I want to increase my client base so I am going to sell a comparable product cheaper, and the other company buys the rights out so they can screw us the consumers, I can't support that. I had thought about not even renting Madden, but I may just to get some of the points.
Old 08-18-06, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by BabiG
please don't ever put Vince Young with Michael Vick when talking about fast quarterbacks. Thanks.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.