Community
Search
DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Cover Printing Software

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-06, 12:56 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cover Printing Software

I need help with a good program for printing DVD covers. I have a good printer and Accoustica Labeler (v. 2.55). They print out fine on legal sized paper but I want to print my covers on regular sized (8.5 x 11) photo paper but the image shrinks and looks terrible as a cover. Any ideas. (I hope this was the right forum to post). Thanks
Old 08-16-06, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
I suggest CoverXP
Old 08-16-06, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Go with Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro. As for your shrinking problem, it sounds like you have the "scale to fit" option selected - deselect that in your print options. You might also need to employ the famous "paper trick" if your printer is picky. With some printers you can load 8.5 x 11" paper and just select 8.5 x 14" and it won't cry foul. For others you have to tape a 3" strip of paper to the end of your main sheet to create a Frankenstein Legal sheet, and peel the strip off when you're done. You might also need to activate the borderless feature if your printer has it.
Old 08-19-06, 02:10 PM

Max, have been using Mediaface II from Fellowes for quite a while now. Use to have the same problem as you, but this program prints to a single 8.5x11 without issue. Has an easy to use template. See link.

http://www.sonicspot.com/mediaface/mediaface.html