Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Quantum Leap S5 11/14/06

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-06, 12:01 PM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quantum Leap S5 11/14/06

the last season of 'Quantum Leap' is scheduled for release on November 14th according to TVShowsonTV.com.

Not bad timing because it should coinicide with a certain website's 20% sale (hopefully)
Old 08-15-06, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Good, I guess. I think the fifth season was the best. The Oswald double episode, the "Trilogy," the Evil Leaper, the Civil War, the Finale. Great episodes every year but more in S5 than any other.

The ongoing problem of music concerns me. I got S2 and S3 from R2 because they had the original music. I assumed it would be the same for S4 and held off until it came out, months after the R1 version. But R2 changed the music for S4. I suspect now they'll do the same for S5 so I'll probably get the R1 S5. But I'm just pissed we can't get the whole series with the original music.

Last edited by movielib; 08-15-06 at 05:33 PM.
Old 08-15-06, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I exchanged the R1 version of Season 2 for store credit (unopened). I still have Season 1 R1 unopened and may do the same. I was intending to buy Seasons 2-5 in R2/4, but since they have screwed up Season 4 (and likely 5 too), I don't think I want *any* of them. And Quantum Leap was the only TV show that I taped--systematically transferring from one VCR to another to edit commercials out. Bastards... I would've loved to own the show.
Old 08-15-06, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

S1 has all the original music in all regions.
Old 08-16-06, 12:07 AM

It's going to suck hearing that replacement melody during the final scene of the finale.
Old 08-16-06, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If they cut 'Georgia On My Mind' out of the finale, they might as well replace the text caption with something happier.

Oh well. I'm glad it's still in syndication.
Old 11-17-06, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I have this en route from DDD, However, discussion over at the Al's Place website seems to confirm that Georgia is back in the finale.
Old 11-17-06, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by movielib
Good, I guess. I think the fifth season was the best. The Oswald double episode, the "Trilogy," the Evil Leaper, the Civil War, the Finale. Great episodes every year but more in S5 than any other.

The ongoing problem of music concerns me. I got S2 and S3 from R2 because they had the original music. I assumed it would be the same for S4 and held off until it came out, months after the R1 version. But R2 changed the music for S4. I suspect now they'll do the same for S5 so I'll probably get the R1 S5. But I'm just pissed we can't get the whole series with the original music.
As much as I love QL, I refuse to buy the butchered versions. If S5 has intact music (in any region) I will buy it.

I'm still trying to find out if the R4 S5 has intact music. Australian DVD info is hard to come by.
Old 11-17-06, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 912 Likes on 647 Posts
Originally Posted by lordwow
I have this en route from DDD, However, discussion over at the Al's Place website seems to confirm that Georgia is back in the finale.
too little too late. Who only wants S1 & S5? No sale.
Old 11-19-06, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by lordwow
Yes, and the rest of the original music too. I have now ordered it from the DDD sale.

So the scorecard for original music would appear to be:

S1: R1, R2, R4 (I own R1)
S2: R2, R4 (I own R2)
S3: R2, R4 (I own R2)
S4: None (I own R2)
S5; R1, R2, R4 (R2 and R4 not yet released and unconfirmed but I assume they will have original music since R1 has it) (I own R1 as soon as DDD ships it to me)

Now maybe since R5 has been released with original music they'll go back and fix S4 (and S2 and S3 in R1) at some time. I hope.