Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Final Destination 3 Playback Problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-06, 07:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Final Destination 3 Playback Problems

I rented a copy of Final Destination 3 from Rogers Video last night, we started to watch the movie and for some reason is seemed to skip over all of the death scenes and jumped all over the place with the story.

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced problems like this before?

My player is an older Toshiba and I've never had any problems with playback like this before.
Old 08-13-06, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by paulbg2000
I rented a copy of Final Destination 3 from Rogers Video last night, we started to watch the movie and for some reason is seemed to skip over all of the death scenes and jumped all over the place with the story.

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced problems like this before?

My player is an older Toshiba and I've never had any problems with playback like this before.
I had the same problem with my APEX 600. There is a branching feature to select whether characters live or die. At those points, even if you select the theatrical version, it seems to get hung up. I played it on my ps2 without any problems after that...
Old 08-13-06, 10:19 AM

Funny, I have an older Toshiba player and I had the exact same experience. It was weird, I selected the theatrical cut and sat down to watch it. I had been watching it for about a half hour and it was not making any sense. There were funeral scenes and people talking about people dying but I never saw anyone die. Then I started watching the time display and it kept going back to under 10 minutes even though I had been watching for almost 40 minutes. I put the DVD in a different player (a Sony) and was able to watch it correctly. But like you say it was really a strange experience because it plays seemlessly, just wrong. All of the death scenes are skipped.

Dan
Old 08-13-06, 11:06 AM
Banned

Same problem for me, the disk skips on my portable player and it plays fine on my regular player. Nothing fancy on both players just standard players. Played on my parents player fine also. Seems only certain models have the problem. I would like to say maybe older players have problems but my portable player is only 1 month old...
Old 08-13-06, 11:57 AM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
There are two versions of this movie on the disc. One that allows you to "choose your own adventure" by deciding what the characters should do at key points of the movie, and a second version that simply plays the movie straight through without any choices. Try that version and see if it still skips.
Old 08-13-06, 03:35 PM
Banned

Mine skipped on both versions, more so on the theatrical version. Lot's of pauses and skips. The choose your own paused only one on the final choice scene...
Old 08-13-06, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
No problems with the theatrical, but on the choose your fate version, every time I'd choose one and watch it, then rewind to rechoose, it would freeze the player and I would have to turn it off and back on again. My player's only two years old. I think it's just a shoddy DVD.
Old 08-13-06, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by dvdlover631
Mine skipped on both versions, more so on the theatrical version. Lot's of pauses and skips. The choose your own paused only one on the final choice scene...
The theatrical one is the only one I had tried so far, and it was unwatchable like that...