Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Any plans for an ANGEL all-season set a la BUFFY?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 08-11-06, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has there been any indication that the five seasons of ANGEL will receive a massive release as one set, the way that BUFFY was released as "The Chosen Collection?" I have a chance to buy the individual ANGEL sets at a good price, but I don't want to kick myself six months from now. Thanks.
Old 08-11-06, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You know it's going to happen, nobody knows exactly when yet.
Old 08-11-06, 02:59 PM

They did release on in the UK so I assume it will be coming. You know how studios like to repackage and sell things. Probably with a Bonus disc like the buffy set.
Old 08-12-06, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hopefully when the inevitable HD-DVD set arrives.
Old 08-12-06, 01:58 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

They did release on in the UK so I assume it will be coming. You know how studios like to repackage and sell things. Probably with a Bonus disc like the buffy set.
This is true, but doesn't make it 100%... Britian gets a lot of boxes that the states don't including 'Roswell,' 'Futurama,' 'Dawson's Creek,' and 'X-Files' to name a few...

Hopefully when the inevitable HD-DVD set arrives.
This will happen as 'Buffy,' 'Angel,' 'The Simpsons,' and '24' are Fox's most profitable DVD sets... the only question is when will it happen and will there be more/different features....

I'm actually waiting to purchase a next-gen DVD player until Fox starts producing TV sets for it...
Old 08-12-06, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FOX won't hold back too too long. But I believe one of the first TV series to hit HD-DVD is going to be The Sopranos, such as it was on standard def DVD's. Yes, The Sopranos wasn't the first on DVD, but it was one of the first... seems HBO wants to get in on the action as well. I certainly do see FOX holding out too long though. You'll probably see something next year.

Personally, only certain favorites will be purchased by me to replace the old sets. Buffy will be one. Simpsons probably. Others? Eh. I just get discouraged thinking eventually I'll be able to replace my whole collection with HD material. That's the changes we always have to face though with a new format.
Old 08-12-06, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

But I believe one of the first TV series to hit HD-DVD is going to be The Sopranos
Yup, Seaon 6, part 1 will be released day-and-date on HD and Standard
Old 08-12-06, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by critterdvd
This is true, but doesn't make it 100%... Britian gets a lot of boxes that the states don't including 'Roswell,' 'Futurama,' 'Dawson's Creek,' and 'X-Files' to name a few...

Not to mention that huge Babylon 5 set.
Old 08-12-06, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Yeah, it doesn't make it 100% but they did it with Buffy, and the Buffy-verse fans I'm sure ate up the boxset for that. I'm sure Angel is in the works.
Old 08-12-06, 06:32 PM

Costco currently has all the Angel and Buffy seasons for $24.99 each. I bit the bullet and bought the Angels (already having the big Buffy set). But I think I'll just keep them wrapped for a while...just in case...
Old 08-12-06, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Well, 125 for all of Angel because it's five seasons right? That's not bad at all man. Not at all. Unless you want to spend more money on a set, your call, but if I had the money I'd go for that Costco sale right now.