Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

I'D LIKE THE MONSTER SQUAD/NIGHT OF THE CREEPS on DVD

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-06, 03:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'D LIKE THE MONSTER SQUAD/NIGHT OF THE CREEPS on DVD

Ok folks, I've just come across an article on Ain't It Cool News about the recent sold out screening of "The Monster Squad" and they've finally let out who owns the rights to this classic film plus Fred Dekker's other classic "Night of the Creeps"! Now I've read and re-read this article over and over again and as of right now I am working on several letters to write to these two companies expressing how I would like to see them both on DVD.

I've made two ads supporting this cause and what I want from everyone here is to spread these things like wildfire. Post them everywhere you can. MySpace, LiveJournal, your personal webpage, anywhere! Print them out, pass them on; make people who don't even know what these movies are want them NOW!!!! We can do this people, it's been done before and now we have the resources and the means to go about getting these two films finally put out on DVD.

Here's the full article I read; Ain't It Cool News Article; MONSTER SQUAD SCREENING/NIGHT OF THE CREEPS DVD INFO.

The two ads:

Now let's get moving!
Old 08-08-06, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Be prepared for a deluge of angry people yelling at you for using a title that sounded like these were coming out on DVD.
Old 08-08-06, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by MovieExchange
Be prepared for a deluge of angry people yelling at you for using a title that sounded like these were coming out on DVD.
This man speaks truth. I was on the receiving end of said yelling a couple years back.
Old 08-08-06, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts
Detective Cameron: "I got good news and bad news girls. The good news is your dates are here."
Sorority Sister: "What's the bad news?"
Detective Cameron: "They're dead."

Old 08-08-06, 04:07 PM
Banned

Youre too Excited about it.. Man, before starting a thread and thinking you were the first one who spread the news.. Can you be more resourcesful? Have you not checked this thread?

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread....ster+AND+Squad

Youre Late!

Originally Posted by evilzombie20
Ok folks, I've just come across an article on Ain't It Cool News about the recent sold out screening of "The Monster Squad" and they've finally let out who owns the rights to this classic film plus Fred Dekker's other classic "Night of the Creeps"! Now I've read and re-read this article over and over again and as of right now I am working on several letters to write to these two companies expressing how I would like to see them both on DVD.

I've made two ads supporting this cause and what I want from everyone here is to spread these things like wildfire. Post them everywhere you can. MySpace, LiveJournal, your personal webpage, anywhere! Print them out, pass them on; make people who don't even know what these movies are want them NOW!!!! We can do this people, it's been done before and now we have the resources and the means to go about getting these two films finally put out on DVD.

Here's the full article I read; Ain't It Cool News Article; MONSTER SQUAD SCREENING/NIGHT OF THE CREEPS DVD INFO.

The two ads:

Now let's get moving!
Old 08-08-06, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Another disappointing thread that generated about 20 seconds of genuine excitement - that's less than I get from bad sex.
Old 08-08-06, 10:58 PM

I apologize for not putting "???" on DVD but my reasoning is that those movies will be out on DVD. Providing that everyone that wants them out on DVD takes 10 minutes from their day to mail a letter to said companies and get them out there. I'm determined to get both of these out on DVD by the end of the year or early next year. Is that too much for me to take on? Maybe but I'm a fan of both of these films and have been dying to get them on DVD since my first purchase of a DVD. Both of these films are extremely popular and have a rather large cult status so I'm hoping that many, if not all who read this thread, will take the time to write a letter and send it on in. So if you want these movies out then I'd suggest taking the director's advice and just write the studio a simple letter. Oh and as far as being late, well I'm not "late" persay, that article was totally false and contained no other information on either of these movies other than what could've been. This is factual information to get both these movies on DVD in the editions we want them in. But you are right, I should've done a search so I apologize for that as well.
Old 08-09-06, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

When I say something along the same lines at davisdvd.com i heart jumped a little bit before i realized it was just for the petition...
Old 08-09-06, 08:29 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jake_spade
Youre too Excited about it.. Man, before starting a thread and thinking you were the first one who spread the news.. Can you be more resourcesful? Have you not checked this thread?
Try using the normal size lettering, and color for your future posts. This is very distracting.
Old 08-09-06, 09:24 AM
Mod Emeritus

Originally Posted by jake_spade
Let's keep this discussion in the thread linked above.