Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

What's the best DVD release of "My Favorite Brunette (1947)"?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 08-07-06, 07:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've waited and waited for Bob Hope's "My Favorite Brunette (1947)" to be given a decent release on DVD, but alas it's still never made it. I wrote to Universal recently and they replied "No release date has been announced for this title. 'My Favorite Brunette' is not a Universal Region 1 product." So I'm may end up picking up one of the (*cringe*) public-domain release ones. Amazon.com lists about a half dozen versions: does anyone know which, if any, of the releases is the least bad?
Old 08-16-06, 10:19 PM

I researched this a while ago, and by process of elimination got the version on BFS/American Home Treasures, coupled with "The Road to Bali". You can find it at Amazon and DDD with the title "Best of Bob Hope". You won't mistake it for a major studio release, but it's pretty watchable.
Old 08-17-06, 02:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I picked up a copy of the Brentwood version of the film at a used CD/DVD store, and it is an improvement on the Madacy disc (which I bought before I knew better...fortunately, I was able to sell it for the same price I paid for the Brentwood disc.)

I've never seen the Brentwood disc anywhere else, but the UPC is 0 90096 09889 0, in case you want to try finding a copy for yourself.

Last edited by RevKarl; 08-17-06 at 03:25 AM.
Old 08-17-06, 02:42 PM

If you're looking for the Brentwood (aka BCI, aka Navarre) version online, you should also search for "My Favorite Brunett", because the studio misspelled it in their database. That's how Amazon has it listed (BCI Eclipse Company). CD Universe has it listed correctly (Navarre Corporation).