Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Big Brother 7 - Show Discussion (no spoilers)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-06, 01:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay, here is the dedicated thread for Big Brother All-Stars: the show. Only discuss what has aired on the show.

Discussion of live feeds should be posted on this thread:

Live Feed Discussion

Last edited by Jadzia; 08-04-06 at 01:52 AM.
Old 08-04-06, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts
Regarding last night's vote...

I can't stand how chickenshit everyone has been this season. It's like they're afraid to vote against the ruling power in the house. It's been a BB tactic for ages to vote out the "decoy" in order throw off the power base in the house.

This actually reminds me a lot of Survivor All-Stars when nobody would make a move against Rob and Amber. One of them was always vulnerable at the Tribal Council,but nobody would dare to make a move against either of them.

Now BB All-Stars has a slightly different gameplay dynamic (wherein one person is given a great deal of power in the HOH position), but it's a patter that seems to be repeating itself from the previous All-Star season. Is there something I'm missing out on that makes the players in All-Stars more callow than in regular seasons?
Old 08-04-06, 08:17 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blame Kaysar. He's the one who started the chickenshit "nominate floaters to make the other floaters choose a side" so that he buys more time to deal with the main threats. Horrible strategy from the worst player of all time. And the other S6 members bought into it.
Old 08-04-06, 09:12 AM

But with everything that has happened, it has made it a very interesting season of Big Brother.

Now, there is no real power in the house because you have the fragmented Season 6 alliance (3 or 4 members), you have Chilltown (2 members) and you have the Floaters (4 members). I'm not sure where James' alliance stands now.

Only the Chilltown alliance is going strong, but it will all depend on how Will can manipulate the other players. Janelle is probably gone next week unless Howie or Kaysar win the HOH competition (it may be over already).

Chris
Old 08-04-06, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The only sense I can make of it, is perhaps they want to keep the fact they are going after Janelle quiet? If they had voted the other way, she would instantly know that she is being targeted and I think James and company would want to blindside her.
Old 08-04-06, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Jadzia
The only sense I can make of it, is perhaps they want to keep the fact they are going after Janelle quiet? If they had voted the other way, she would instantly know that she is being targeted and I think James and company would want to blindside her.

She already knows she will be targeted. There is no way to avoid this. The last Season 6'er to have HOH before a floater or CT get HOH is going home. It's that simple. They were targeted walking in the door. The only way they could keep going is to keep winning HOH's. Everyone is calling them stupid but regardless of what they did, 1 of them is going home as soon as they don't have the power. I actually think it was somewhat smart to leave Will in the game because then just maybe a floater would target him instead. Doubtful but it's worth a shot. There is no shot a floater would target another floater. So the odds are better.
Old 08-04-06, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah I dont know which it is more, funny or sad how much some said they were going to go against Janelle and try keep D and it ends up just being Will that cast the one vote.
Old 08-04-06, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by BDLOU
She already knows she will be targeted.
Yes, but Jani still has no idea that both James and Mercellus have turned against her. If the house vote had been turned around to oust Erika over Diane, Jani would have a heads up on how the tide has turned even among people she thought she was aligned with.

James said he wants to backdoor Jani, so I was thinking they are going for a blinder attack.
Old 08-04-06, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

noms are in!

names are posted in the other thread.
Old 08-04-06, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Oh, it's on now!
Old 08-07-06, 12:03 PM

So, is everyone posting in the live feed discussion thread?

I cannot believe no one has posted about last nights show. Danielle showed some cajones by nominating James for eviction. It was a no brainer that Janielle would be nominated and deserved to be nominated.

So it will be interesting to see who wins the immunity tomorrow night and if they use it to take James off and put another Season 6 member in his place.

So far this season is shaping up to be a pretty interesting season. It started off slow, but now we see the backstabbing and lies coming to the front and it has changed the game dramatically.

Will and Boogie are in the drivers seats right now and if they can continue to manipulate the key players, they will go far into the game.

Chris
Old 08-07-06, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by mrpayroll
So, is everyone posting in the live feed discussion thread?

I cannot believe no one has posted about last nights show. Danielle showed some cajones by nominating James for eviction. It was a no brainer that Janielle would be nominated and deserved to be nominated.

So it will be interesting to see who wins the immunity tomorrow night and if they use it to take James off and put another Season 6 member in his place.

So far this season is shaping up to be a pretty interesting season. It started off slow, but now we see the backstabbing and lies coming to the front and it has changed the game dramatically.

Will and Boogie are in the drivers seats right now and if they can continue to manipulate the key players, they will go far into the game.

Chris
Not sure if it was cajones or strategy...since James knew he was going up and THINKS he has the votes to stay..but we all know how that goes. I think Will & Boogie would rather have Janelle stay than James, and she would have Kaysar and Howies vote, so maybe she just needs to make nice to Marcelles. I think Marcelles and Danielle need to go next.
Old 08-07-06, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think her strategy is really dangerous. It seems to be mostly predicated on the idea that Will and Boogie will vote against Janelle, which I think is pretty unlikely since Will has Janelle pretty much in his back pocket.
Old 08-07-06, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 753 Likes on 490 Posts
How could you be so dumb Danielle?! I mean, it might come out in her favor and still get Janelle out while also putting distance between her and James, but it just can't be a good idea to put your one and true ally in the house on the block. I'm surprised she went through with it. I like Danielle, so I hope it works to her favor. But anything can happen at this point ...
Old 08-07-06, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I thought D putting up James was a smart move. It's pretty risky, but it's also pretty smart assuming you can trust you have the votes.
Old 08-07-06, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Boot
I think her strategy is really dangerous. It seems to be mostly predicated on the idea that Will and Boogie will vote against Janelle, which I think is pretty unlikely since Will has Janelle pretty much in his back pocket.
Yeah.. pretty dangerous, but at this point, it's still a high percentage play. Even if Will and Boogie flip, it's 4-3 to keep Janelle. James can nullify one vote, making it a 3-3 tie, and Danielle votes out Janelle.

Of course, if Erika, Marcellas or George flips on James......

I think D's whole point of nominating James is to play it safe for herself. If she nominates a person who KNOWS he's going up (and approved of it), and she kicks out the other person, there's no ramification. If she nominated Janelle AND Kaysar, all of a sudden she becomes a target on Kaysar's radar.
Old 08-08-06, 08:54 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

And this shouldn't be a spoiler as it was aired on the show already.

James picked the egg that allowed him to nulify one vote in the house. If he can use it while he is nominated, and does use it and picks a person that actually votes for him, it could make things interesting.

What would really be funny is if James actually ended up going home because Dani was playing him as well.
Old 08-08-06, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Vryce
And this shouldn't be a spoiler as it was aired on the show already.

James picked the egg that allowed him to nulify one vote in the house. If he can use it while he is nominated, and does use it and picks a person that actually votes for him, it could make things interesting.

What would really be funny is if James actually ended up going home because Dani was playing him as well.

Well, it seems that Dani's only ally is James and he is a strong ally. So unless she is the greatest actor in the world and is fooling us, I think she wants to keep James around for awhile.

Chris
Old 08-08-06, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by mrpayroll
Well, it seems that Dani's only ally is James and he is a strong ally. So unless she is the greatest actor in the world and is fooling us, I think she wants to keep James around for awhile.

Chris
Yeah, but in this case it is not about what Dani wants, since she doesnt get to vote. She has left it in the hands of everyone else, and I'm hoping they turn on him. He rants about Janelles decision is not rational because he said he didnt see Diane as a threat to him at all, so now its war. Well, Janelle has to take care of herself, and I do think Diane would have come after Janelle first chance she got...problem is, she wasnt a good game player.
Old 08-08-06, 10:56 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I also loved how James talkes about making decisions for his group. He made some choices that were in his interest, and as far as the show presented to us, he was the first of BB6'ers to shore up aligning with other people.

And of course James was going to say that Diane wasn't a big threat to them. She was aligned with him and Dani. I ageee and think if given the chance, Diane would have went after Jani. As much as I disliked Jani last season, so far She hasn't been that bad this season. She still compeats well and has won HoH twice.

I erased the show with the POV competition.

Did the egg that James got say exactly how it worked?

Last edited by Canis Firebrand; 08-08-06 at 10:59 AM.
Old 08-08-06, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
James gets to nullify another player's vote. Pretty simple. Sure, it could be wasted on a player who voted for him, so there is an element of danger involved in picking the wrong person's vote to nullify.
Old 08-08-06, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Patman
James gets to nullify another player's vote. Pretty simple. Sure, it could be wasted on a player who voted for him, so there is an element of danger involved in picking the wrong person's vote to nullify.

- Does he have to say he's going to use it before the votes are revealed?
- Does he pick whose vote to nullify or is it just nullify one against you?
- Does it expire? It would be very valuable towards the end.
Old 08-08-06, 03:39 PM

For some reason, I think James is being double crosses. I don;t why but Danille is sneaky. It's amazing everyone savesLittle Willie.
Old 08-08-06, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well, after seeing the veto competition and subsequent uproar against Marcellus, it's official...everybody in this house except for Danielle and Will are incredibly stupid. James, especially, showed he has zero understanding of this game. I can't believe how easily Will played him and got him to completely shift his position.
Old 08-08-06, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Marcellus got all the prizes... because I said so

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.