TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The One and Only NEW SHOW Pilot/Preview Episode Discussion Thread NO SPOILERS

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-06, 06:52 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
The One and Only NEW SHOW Pilot/Preview Episode Discussion Thread NO SPOILERS

There won't be any unmarked Spoilers in this thread

There are a lot of pilot episodes for next season's new shows on the net. Of course this thread won't mention where to get them but obviously all of these leaks are intentional.

I did start a Jericho thead but figured we don't a different thread for each new show, so this thread is to discuss thoughts and opinions on all of these new shows.

Off the top of my head, out there are pilots for

Jericho
The Nine
Traveller
Shark
Class
Our Thirties
Angelas Eyes
The Angriest Man in Surburia
Heros
Runaway

Feel Free to add any shows i've missed
Old 07-23-06, 07:02 PM

Let's start with Class

http://www.tv.com/the-class/show/580...esults;title;0

In this CBS comedy created by David Crane (Friends), and Jeffrey Klarik (Mad About You), a group of twenty-somethings who were third-grade classmates are reunited at a surprise party 20 years later. What will happen when they find out what each other's lives are like now?

It tries but be like friends but fails. There wasn't one character which grabbed my attention, thumbs down from me for this one
Old 07-23-06, 07:04 PM

OUR THIRTIES

http://www.tv.com/our-thirties/show/58468/summary.html

Our Thirties follows a group of friends who come to the realization that they are living their lives a little bit differently from the generation before them.

Another trying to be a Friends clone show and another which fails miserably. Worse in my opinion than Class and that's saying something
Old 07-23-06, 07:08 PM

The Angriest Man in Surburia

http://www.tv.com/the-angriest-man-i...5/summary.html

This nutty multi camera comedy follows the exploits of a married, stay-at-home father dealing with pesky everyday problems like nosy neighbors, busted water pipes, and the emasculation that occurs to a man when his wife makes more money than him.

This show looks to be very interesting, i really enjoyed it. Family man with the three cutiest kids has anger issues with strangers but not in a malicious way. Thumbs up from me
Old 07-23-06, 07:13 PM

SHARK

http://www.tv.com/shark/show/58080/summary.html

Sebastian Stark just quit his old job of defense attorney after a shocking outcome in one of his cases and a personal epiphany, now looking for a job he receive a call from the LA city mayor office. When meeting the city mayor, he has an offer for a new job, director of the Los Angeles DA's high-profile crime unit, but with a twist, he would have to train a new team of inexperienced lawyers by using years of experiences, tactics and by practicing in Stark tribunal in his home. The only goal of this team is to put the bad guys in jail but during all this Stark past will be a problem we will learn why.

Yes another law drama with a twist. The twist with this show is that Shark is a gun defence attorney who saves a bad man from jail which costs someone their life. After a month wallowing in self pity, he is offered a job by the mayor in the DA's office, effectively fighting for the other side.

This show looks to be awesome ! James Woods is very good. Jeri Ryan reappears in a non annoying role for a change. Support cast looks interesting. This show gets a HUGE THUMBS UP from me
Old 07-24-06, 08:43 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Someone got a cease and desist letter from Fox for the Vanished screener, so I don't know how intentional all of the leaks are.

Anyway, other than those you list above, additional pilots out there for the upcoming 2006-2007 TV season are:

Secrets of a Small Town
Hidden Palms
Rules of Engagement

Any others out there?
Old 07-24-06, 08:53 PM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
The Angriest Man in Surburia kinda sounds like NBC's Hidden Hills minus the anger issues. Loved that show, so I'll check this one out.
Old 07-25-06, 09:35 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've seen Heroes, Jericho, Traveller, and Runaway so far.

Heroes was a little slow, but it had a wealth of characters to introduce and did a good job of it. It was still quite enjoyable, and a decent little cliffhanger at the end. This is apparently only 1/2 of the pilot though? Greg Grunberg is supposed to show up...anybody know if he has "powers" or not?

Jericho I really enjoyed, I just hope it doesn't turn into more of a show about how people act when confronted with major problems than about what the heck happened.

Traveller and Runaway were eerily similar. I liked both though, hopefully they can differentiate themselves enough that I'll continue to enjoy both. The leads in both were pretty good (I like Donnie Wahlberg, so I'll give it a shot just because of him). Both seem to be kind of a combination of The Fugitive and Prison Break.
Old 07-25-06, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I saw Jericho, I really enjoyed it. Of course that was only the pilot, I'm not sure if the whole story will be feasible. To the people who has seen it, is the video full screen? I was expecting a widescreen presentacion but being a screener I guess they decided to leave it at full screen.

Also, I have Heroes, it's widescreen, but the quality of the video is not that good, is it the same with you?
Old 07-25-06, 06:06 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Raul3
I saw Jericho, I really enjoyed it. Of course that was only the pilot, I'm not sure if the whole story will be feasible. To the people who has seen it, is the video full screen? I was expecting a widescreen presentacion but being a screener I guess they decided to leave it at full screen.

Also, I have Heroes, it's widescreen, but the quality of the video is not that good, is it the same with you?
Yep, same for me on both.
Old 07-29-06, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Just watched "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" and it's got a lot of potential, like the cast, like the chemistry between Matthew Perry and Bradley Whitford. Amanda Peet seems a little young for her role, but she's got the devilish "I know more than you think I know" smile down to an art. Steven Weber is perfectly cast as the jackass head honcho for NBS.

Last edited by Patman; 07-29-06 at 07:18 PM.
Old 07-29-06, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 231 Likes on 136 Posts
I've been trying to grab the Studio 60 pilot, but it seems there's some errors in the usual sources. Oh well, I'll keep trying, and Netflix will have it next week anyway.
Old 07-29-06, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Saw the pilot for "Friday Night Lights" and I guess we'll get either 1 game per week, or 1 game every other episode to cover their season.

It was a little predictable, but directed and edited well enough for TV. Depending on its timeslot competition I might make some time on my ReplayTV for it in the fall.
Old 07-29-06, 09:34 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by dstrauss
I've been trying to grab the Studio 60 pilot, but it seems there's some errors in the usual sources. Oh well, I'll keep trying, and Netflix will have it next week anyway.
And it seems to have disappeared completely now.
Old 07-31-06, 06:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Patman
Just watched "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" and it's got a lot of potential, like the cast, like the chemistry between Matthew Perry and Bradley Whitford. Amanda Peet seems a little young for her role, but she's got the devilish "I know more than you think I know" smile down to an art. Steven Weber is perfectly cast as the jackass head honcho for NBS.
I enjoyed it quite a bit. In fact, the best of the pilots I've seen so far.
Old 07-31-06, 10:38 PM
Suspended

Just watched "Secrets of a Small Town." Pretty interesting, reminded me a lot of Veronica Mars and Scream (and I'm sure plenty others after it - I stopped watching "teen" horror flicks after this). They use all this fancy camera crap to try and scare you though, kind of lame I thought. I don't even know what network this is on?
Old 08-01-06, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

ABC is the network. I don't think it got picked up though.
Old 08-01-06, 11:02 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Chew
ABC is the network. I don't think it got picked up though.
God knows ABC has a wealth of good shows after Lost, Desperate Housewives, and Grey's Anatomy.
Old 08-01-06, 08:13 PM

Watched the Single Table last nite

Its dreadfull!

All of the new wannabe Friends shows are terrible
Old 08-02-06, 08:59 PM
Suspended

Watched Studio 60 last night, it was really well done. I had heard it was supposed to be good, but didn't really pay attention to what it was supposed to be about. I like the concept.

Just caught Friday Night Lights. It has some potential as long as they don't get too stereotypical.
Old 08-03-06, 05:34 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The Heroes pilot was ok........

The whiney emo "dreamer" was really annoying though.

And it just doesnt seem like a very good idea to live in the same place and work the exact same job your father did if you think he was murdered because of his theories.
Old 08-03-06, 06:21 PM

Anyone else watched Shark yet ? Interested in thoughts on that show
Old 08-03-06, 08:16 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Original Desmond
Anyone else watched Shark yet ? Interested in thoughts on that show
I've had it for 2 weeks now and haven't watched it yet...this weekend...I'll give my thoughts then.
Old 08-03-06, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Shark's entertaining at times, a bit too mopey at times (father-daughter subplot), but Woods in the court room (or prep time) is a fun bit of viewing.
Old 08-03-06, 10:09 PM

Shark - Daughter is kinda cute

I loved the pilot

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.