Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Shield DVD sets question

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-06, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shield DVD sets question

just started watching this on dvd..im almost done up through season 4..is season 5 the upcoming one on TV or do I have to wait for the dvd set? I want to be caught up if i can before it starts back up..

p.s.. what an awesome show!
Old 07-20-06, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 262 Likes on 184 Posts
Season 5 was the most recent season that concluded in March. Season 6 will premiere next January.

http://www.epguides.com/shield/
Old 07-20-06, 04:45 PM

I can't wait for the Season 5 DVD. I caught up with 2-4 while it was on.
Old 07-20-06, 06:36 PM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

EDIT: Never mind. I answered my own question.

Last edited by sb5; 07-20-06 at 06:38 PM.
Old 07-20-06, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh Z
Season 5 was the most recent season that concluded in March. Season 6 will premiere next January.

http://www.epguides.com/shield/
Actually Season 5: Part 1 concluded in March, part 2 of Season 5 is rumored to start in January. FX officially picked up the Sheild for a Season 6. Who knows if they will wait to put out the full season on DVD or follow the recent lead of Family Guy and Sex and the City and break them up into two separate releases.
Old 07-20-06, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 262 Likes on 184 Posts
Originally Posted by DeputyDave
Actually Season 5: Part 1 concluded in March, part 2 of Season 5 is rumored to start in January.
Are they still planning to call it Season 5 Part 2? They already did a full normal-length season, and the next "half" doesn't start until the same time as new seasons usually start. It all just sounds rather foolish.
Old 07-20-06, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Are they still planning to call it Season 5 Part 2? They already did a full normal-length season, and the next "half" doesn't start until the same time as new seasons usually start. It all just sounds rather foolish.
I could have sworn I saw an ad on FX that said something like "The Season Concludes..."

The previous seasons have all been between 13 and 15 episodes. So far FX has only shown 11 episodes of Season 5. I remember hearing before season 5 started that they would be doing at least 5 extra episodes this season, meaning there could be between 7 to 10 more episodes.
Old 07-20-06, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Here's what a mod over on Theshieldrap's forum had to say:

"The FX suits/lawyers found a way to screw the show out of a budget increase, screw the cast and crew out of pay raises, AND screw the fans out of getting a full 13 episode season in 2006 and 2007.

By ordering 21 episodes for S5 and then splitting it up, they didn't have to give The Shield any increase in the budget or pay, as is legally and contractually necessary in between "seasons," since (according to the contracts) this is all one big long season.

I refuse to go along with FX's claim that we have Seasons 5 and 6. I'm fully on the side of the writers, cast, and crew; they're calling it 5-A and 5-B and so will I."
Old 07-20-06, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The last thing I heard was that the next batch of (10) episodes will be called season 6 and apparently there will also be a seventh and final season following that.