Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

The Official Comicon 2006 dvd announcement thread. post all info and pics inside.

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

The Official Comicon 2006 dvd announcement thread. post all info and pics inside.

Old 07-19-06, 02:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its that time again. Every year all kinds of news pops up on potential dvd releases. Last Years Thread We got the Looney Tunes Gold collection announcement, as well as cover art for Masters of THe Universe, and the first hint of Beavis & Butthead on dvd.

So for all you dvdtalkers out there at the show be sure to report in with news and pictures, and ask plenty of questions. I'm sure plenty of info will be popping up on Superman Returns and X3 dvd (and tons of others), which of course will end up in there own thread, just link it here, so people can keep up with all the big announcements.

link any articles or blogs as well that reports dvd news.
Old 07-19-06, 03:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Then allow me to kick things off!

Link to TVShowsOnDVD story with She-Ra - S1,V1 box art and BCI's booth/panels schedule for Comic-Con

I'll have more later this morning about things going on at Comic-Con, so please check back!
Old 07-19-06, 03:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

David, always great work at your site. great pic, and panel schedules. I'm sure the board will be a buzz on Dungeons & Dragons as well as She-Ra threads
Old 07-19-06, 05:27 AM

King Kong EE has just been confirmed as streeting on the 14th November:

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/king-kong3.html
Old 07-19-06, 05:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Tom Woodward
King Kong EE has just been confirmed as streeting on the 14th November:

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/king-kong3.html
There is a limited Edition that is coming out that date also.
Old 07-19-06, 07:24 AM

They need to do a kong head like the POTA set, that would be sweet!
Old 07-19-06, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,286 Likes on 935 Posts
I'm majorly bummed because I can't go to the DVD Sneak Peek panel (name changed from DVD Producers). Instead of Thursday it's now on Friday which coincides with the 20th Century Fox and Paramount Studios panels in Hall H.

Lately, though, they haven't been able to spill too many details (even titles) on some of the bigger releases. I was hearing "This is a big, cool release but I can't say anything more other than you'll love it" way too much and it was kinda frustrating.
Old 07-19-06, 01:22 PM

Shout! Factory's Events At Comic-Con

BCI's Filmation slate for rest of 2006 and for 2007

BCI's Press Release for Dungeons & Dragons
Old 07-19-06, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

great stuff. I hope warner does shed some light on Looney Tunes Golden Collection 4, as well as Forbidden Planet in November
Old 07-20-06, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Lloyd Kaufman from Troma posted this on Myspace

San Diego Comic-Con 2006!!!!!!!!!!

Where: San Diego Convention Center
111 Harbor Drive
San Diego, CA

Meet the Troma Team at booth ..55-22!

SATURDAY, JULY 22 6:30-7:30pm ROOM 6B
Making Your Own Live Action Comic Book (that means movie!)
Troma's Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead / Legendary Indie Filmmaker Lloyd Kaufman (The Toxic Avenger), Producer Steven Paul (Ghost Rider) and Cartoonist Batton Lash ("The Supernaturals") examine the art of making your film into a Live Action Comic Book the Troma Way! Kaufman will also be screening never-before-seen selections from his newest film Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead and giving away Comic-Con exclusive Poultrygeist teaser DVDs. Moderated by Mimi Cruz of Night Flight Comics!
Old 07-21-06, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

excerpt from home media retailing article

Today at Comic-Con, Warner’s “Superman” DVDs will be formally announced at 1 p.m. in Room 20 in a session called “Superman Through the Ages.” The studio promises special guests from the Man of Steel’s various film and TV incarnations and a reunion of the key creative talent behind the newly reconstructed Super Man II — The Richard Donner Cut, including Mankiewicz and Thau.

discussion going strong in Any news on SUPERMAN sequels special editions?
Old 07-22-06, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Karloff Columbia Box Set on the Way!

great news for horror fans
Old 07-22-06, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

dc comics toons on the way

DC Universe DVD movies coming (New Frontier, Judas Contract, Superman/Doomsday)
Old 07-23-06, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Not really an announcement but Robert Smigel did a signing to talk about the upcoming DVD of TV Funhouse...and brought along Triumph the Insult Dog.
Old 07-26-06, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

anyone back with stories and so on
Old 07-26-06, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 369 Likes on 263 Posts
Some good (and bad) news for fans of The State from http://televisionary.blogspot.com/

"Yet another television program thus far criminally not available on DVD might just be coming to DVD or iTunes: MTV's cult classic The State.

The news coming out of San Diego's Comic Con this past weekend pegs a release for The State later this year, either on DVD, on iTunes, or both. Created by Thomas Lennon and Ben Garrant, best known for Comedy Central's Reno 911!, sketch comedy series The State ran on MTV between 1993 and 1995 and quickly garnered a cult following.

ComingSoon.Net met up with Lennon and Garrant at Comic Con and they had the following to say about the possibility of a DVD release of the show:

"The State at long last actually is coming out either on DVD or iTunes," Lennon told [ComingSoon.Net].

"They just rescored and we're all doing ADR," Garrant continued.

"The thing that was preventing it was the music clearances," Lennon explained, "because at the time, MTV had a deal that anything with a video you could just use. No longer the deal."

"All our sketches that were built around a Breeders or a Lenny Kravitz song, which was a lot of them," said Garrant, "so we had to rescore everything, but finally, MTV put up the money to rescore it, and I guess it's coming out."

"It's coming out sometime this year, I bet," Lennon concluded.

There you have it. The State on DVD. "Sometime this year."

Stay tuned for more as this story develops and special thanks to Televisionary reader Lindsay for the tip."

Rescored? Not cool, but I love this show so much that I would buy it anyway.
Old 07-26-06, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Cameron
i trekked out to comic-con on saturday for a 1 day thing (first time there) and the lines were insane. im surprised no one has yet to remark on the wait for saturday.

i did the run-to-every-booth-possible-and-ogle thang for about 4 hours, ate crappy over-priced convention food, and sat in on a couple of presentations.

highlight for me? adult swim event. they even gave out free watches

couldnt find myself to buy anything there (boo!) but i did pre-order something at sideshow collectibles after i got home lol.

all in all, i know better for next yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeear
Old 07-27-06, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Cameron
I don't want to repeat too much from the thread in Movie Talk.

I got my Sin City Extended version signed by Rosario Dawson.

I got The Devil's Rejects signed by Sid Haig. Bill Moseley was supposed to be there but was a no-show on Sunday. Maybe next year.

Cindy Morgan signed my Tron DVD.
Old 07-27-06, 11:00 PM

I saw Sid Haig as well as Ken Foree there, and would have had them sign my Devil's Rejects/House of a 1000 Corpses, but I forgot that they were going to be there and forgot to bring my DVDs along with me.
Old 07-27-06, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

There's always next year since Sid and Ken are regulars

One thing I try to do: when they release the autograph schedule online (usually a week before Day 1) I make a list of DVD covers to take.... even for those doing panels because you never know if you'll bump into them on the floor or after their panel.

Take the covers out and put them in one of those thick plastic 8x10 photo holders. You can hold several covers per holder, which saves space and they're protected from creases and folds.