Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The CW Announces Fall Premiere Dates...

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-06, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
The CW Announces Fall Premiere Dates...

Following is The CW's 2006-2007 night-by-night breakdown of primetime premiere dates:

Wednesday, September 20

8:00-10:00 p.m. AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL Special Two-Hour Premiere

Friday, September 22

8:00-10:00 p.m. FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN

Monday, September 25

8:00-9:00 p.m. 7TH HEAVEN

9:00-10:00 p.m. RUNAWAY *

Tuesday, September 26

8:00-9:00 p.m. GILMORE GIRLS *

Wednesday, September 27

9:00-10:00 p.m. ONE TREE HILL *

Thursday, September 28

8:00-9:00 p.m. SMALLVILLE *

9:00-10:00 p.m. SUPERNATURAL *

Sunday, October 1

7:00-7:30 p.m. EVERYBODY HATES CHRIS *

7:30-8:00 p.m. ALL OF US *

8:00-8:30 p.m. GIRLFRIENDS *

8:30-9:00 p.m. THE GAME *

9:00-10:00 p.m. AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL (Encore Presentation)

Tuesday, October 3

9:00-10:00 p.m. VERONICA MARS *

* Broadcast in High Definition

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/pr.aspx?id=20060717cw01
Old 07-17-06, 06:14 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I hope my stupid local WB and UPN affiliates, once merged (or however it all works), figure out the audio problems and actually air shows in HD when they are supposed to be. I haven't even been able to watch WB or UPN shows on the digital channels because of how craptastic the quality has been.
Old 07-17-06, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Gilmore Girls and Veronica Mars... back-to-back. Tuesdays are cool this fall.
Old 07-17-06, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bboisvert
Gilmore Girls and Veronica Mars... back-to-back. Tuesdays are cool this fall.

Wow, that sure does look good. I hope both shows return to form, because this is probably the last season for GG and VM really needs ratings or, I think, it won't make it past season 3. I have a feeling, if it hasn't already been decided, that it will make the full season and not just 13 episodes.

I would love to have had 2 hours of these shows back-to-back for many years.
Old 07-17-06, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by aktick
I hope my stupid local WB and UPN affiliates, once merged (or however it all works), figure out the audio problems and actually air shows in HD when they are supposed to be. I haven't even been able to watch WB or UPN shows on the digital channels because of how craptastic the quality has been.
I'm just hoping the merger will finally get my local affiliate to switch to HD. I emailed them about it before, but they had no clue. This was before the news of the merger though, so I'm holding out hope.
Old 07-17-06, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,881 Likes on 1,238 Posts
Just noticed my local affiliate finally made the switch to HD. Neat!
Old 07-17-06, 08:24 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
October 3 for VM? So every show I watch won't premiere until ATLEAST October. Great.
Old 07-17-06, 08:50 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by SuperBatMan
I'm just hoping the merger will finally get my local affiliate to switch to HD. I emailed them about it before, but they had no clue. This was before the news of the merger though, so I'm holding out hope.
Yeah, I'm hoping that with both combined and only 1/2 the overall bandwidth to work with they'll be able to figure it out. You'd think the powers that be (I'm assuming some WB and some UPN folks?) would want to make sure the affiliates have their shit together before launching a "new" network.
Old 07-17-06, 09:43 PM

veronica mars
Old 07-17-06, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

In Pittsburgh, our UPN affiliate which is becoming The CW does not have a HD feed since they are based out in the middle of nowhere, whereas The WB station has an HD feed but won't have anything to show on it come fall.
Old 07-18-06, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by NitroJMS
In Pittsburgh, our UPN affiliate which is becoming The CW does not have a HD feed since they are based out in the middle of nowhere, whereas The WB station has an HD feed but won't have anything to show on it come fall.
That sucks, because they did it totally opposite here.

The WB affiliate is so much better, so they were chosen to be the CW here.

I have no idea what will happen to the UPN affiliate, which also doesn't have an HD feed.

I will be seeing VM for the first time in HD on Oct. 3rd!
Old 07-18-06, 06:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had the exact same problems. My WB would have serious audio-synch problems from time-to-time and the UPN channel had a weak signal. (The WB affiliate is the new CW.)
Old 07-18-06, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

wow... alot of shows didnt make it...
Old 07-18-06, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dolphinboy

I will be seeing VM for the first time in HD on Oct. 3rd!
Same here...I am counting down the days!!!!!
Old 07-19-06, 05:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

http://www.usatoday.com/life/televis...cw-party_x.htm

By Ann Oldenburg, USA TODAY

PASADENA, Calif. — Stars from the former WB and UPN gathered on the lawn of the Ritz-Carlton Monday night to bond as a newly blended CW bunch.
Hilarie Burton of One Tree Hill (a WB holdover) was bubbly standing under a big lime-green CW logo. She looked around and said: "Obviously there's a lot of familiar faces. But our (former) competitors are here as well now. It's exciting not to have to duke it out anymore."

Among former foes now friends at the party: Veronica Mars' Kristin Bell and Girlfriends' funny women Golden Brooks and Tracee Ellis Ross.

Bell, dressed in a sparkly strapless gown, acted much like Cinderella at the ball. She swept in and posed with fellow actors before leaving to celebrate her 26th birthday, which was Tuesday.

Others stayed to lounge on white couches and dine on sushi, tacos and salad. (Some noted that the scene was more subdued than last year's WB event, which included a carousel.)

Gilmore Girls' Alexis Bledel has faced more turmoil than just her show shifting from WB to CW. Show creator Amy Sherman-Palladino left last season. And she and longtime boyfriend and former Gilmore Girls co-star Milo Ventimiglia recently split after 3½ years together.

How does it feel coming back now? "It's just different," she said. "I really love change, so I'm very excited to see what it's going to be like."

The Gilmore stars' contracts are up after this season, so it could be the show's last. "(It) depends on what the season is like," Bledel said. "If the season is really fun and different, then maybe not."

There also were a few actors new to the family. Donnie Wahlberg, who stars in new drama Runaway, had two thoughts about his show's fate on CW: "We're either leading them into the future. Or we'll be slaughtered."
Old 07-19-06, 06:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

And you are in the GB market?
Yup.
Old 08-01-06, 04:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This doesn't seem to have been mentioned anywhere, but there is some, I believe, very exciting casting news for the upcoming season of Veronica Mars. I will spoilerize it just in case, but it isn't a big deal to know in advance.

Spoiler:
It's been confirmed that Mac will be a series regular for season 3 and will also be attending Heart College. She will not be roommates with Veronica, but a new cast member will be her roomie and I'm guessing Veronica will still live at home. Mac was always a great fit for this show and I'm thrilled she will be a regular now. I read it took some time to get things confirmed because she wanted to make sure she wouldn't have to give up her role on "Big Love." She will remain on both shows. Good news for Tina fans!
Old 08-01-06, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by dolphinboy
This doesn't seem to have been mentioned anywhere, but there is some, I believe, very exciting casting news for the upcoming season of Veronica Mars. I will spoilerize it just in case, but it isn't a big deal to know in advance.

Spoiler:
It's been confirmed that Mac will be a series regular for season 3 and will also be attending Heart College. She will not be roommates with Veronica, but a new cast member will be her roomie and I'm guessing Veronica will still live at home. Mac was always a great fit for this show and I'm thrilled she will be a regular now. I read it took some time to get things confirmed because she wanted to make sure she wouldn't have to give up her role on "Big Love." She will remain on both shows. Good news for Tina fans!
Along the same lines, I think it also has been confirmed by Rob Thomas that
Spoiler:
Sheriff Lamb
will also become a series regular.

Two new series regulars has also been added to the show...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060731/tv_nm/mars_dc
Old 08-01-06, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm glad that Wallace's girlfriend is gone. She added nothing.

And of course, Kristen Bell