Old 07-16-06, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts
(DEAD) Simpsons - SSN 7(Marge Head) 24.99 @Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...v=glance&n=130
Old 07-16-06, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
saw it earlier today. need a penny more for free shipping lol. any suggestions?
Old 07-16-06, 08:21 PM
Premium Member

Received 694 Likes on 464 Posts
Originally Posted by dollfins1
saw it earlier today. need a penny more for free shipping lol. any suggestions?
Amazon Filler Item Finder:

http://www.filleritem.com/
Old 07-16-06, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by The Cow
Amazon Filler Item Finder:

http://www.filleritem.com/

hey thanks! never saw that thing before
Old 07-17-06, 01:28 AM

Non-head is also $24.99.
Old 07-17-06, 03:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hope this stays up through tomorrow.
Old 07-17-06, 04:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Question: Can the Marge Head box fit your storage space as easily as a regular box? Or will I have to store it separately because of its odd shape?
Old 07-17-06, 06:22 AM

the molded heads DON'T fit as a "normal" dvd box set would...
i actually purchased season 7 twice- once for the normal packaging and again for "head" packaging.
fox isn't offering an additional "normal" box by mail for $2.95 as they did with the homer head so you could place season 6 on the shelf with the previous seasons.
obviously a marketing strategy, so if you're a geek for collectibles (like me) you'll have to buy both versions to get the best of both worlds.
they will be following this same marketing path with the season 8 MAGGIE head, which will also be sold in a "normal" style box.
remember, it APPEARS the molded heads will be manufactured in limited quantities now (save for season 6 HOMER head which is ONLY available in a molded head style)- so buy them when they are first released!
Old 07-17-06, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Many thanx for the complete answer, elektrohog!
Old 07-17-06, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by docdoowop
Question: Can the Marge Head box fit your storage space as easily as a regular box? Or will I have to store it separately because of its odd shape?
Ignore the other response. It fits absolutely perfect on a shelf. I have seasons 6 and 7 as the molded heads, and they stand up just fine next to seasons 1-5 on my DVD shelves. In my experience, anyone that complains about the packaging not standing up properly on a shelf either doesn't know how to lower the outer plastic sleeve to help the box stand upright, or they just threw the sleeve away.

Go to Best Buy or any other place that is still overrun with Homer heads and compare the dimensions to a standard Simpsons season box set. There's no major difference.

Last edited by MovieExchange; 07-17-06 at 07:51 AM.
Old 07-17-06, 08:51 AM

You guys did notice that this says it "usually ships in 1 to 2 weeks" right? I hope you guys get it, but this may be a YMMV thing. When Amazon lists a 1 to 2 week shipping time on a hard-to-find item, it sometimes spells trouble.
Old 07-17-06, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by jeffrey r
You guys did notice that this says it "usually ships in 1 to 2 weeks" right? I hope you guys get it, but this may be a YMMV thing. When Amazon lists a 1 to 2 week shipping time on a hard-to-find item, it sometimes spells trouble.
Good catch there. In my experience when they have a shipping time like that, it means you'll be dicked around for 3 months as they repeatedly send you new estimated shipping dates, then they'll finally cancel your order.
Old 07-17-06, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by MovieExchange
Good catch there. In my experience when they have a shipping time like that, it means you'll be dicked around for 3 months as they repeatedly send you new estimated shipping dates, then they'll finally cancel your order.

Ordered Sunday, received shipping notice today. Filler I bought to get free shipping is still pending.
Old 07-17-06, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

My order says shipping soon.
Old 07-17-06, 09:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by theMadness
Ordered Sunday, received shipping notice today. Filler I bought to get free shipping is still pending.
Mine also shipped today, even though it said 1-2 weeks when I ordered.
Old 07-18-06, 06:47 AM

Ignore the other response.
a helpful response...

It fits absolutely perfect on a shelf. I have seasons 6 and 7 as the molded heads, and they stand up just fine next to seasons 1-5 on my DVD shelves.
assuming everyone has the same style shelf storage system you have.

In my experience, anyone that complains about the packaging not standing up properly on a shelf either doesn't know how to lower the outer plastic sleeve to help the box stand upright, or they just threw the sleeve away.
i think the number of people who had a problem with the molded head packaging was quite well documented in a thread on this forum when the HOMER head was introduced for season 6. fox took notice because they now offer the seasons in "normal" style packaging and the collectible molded head version.

Go to Best Buy or any other place that is still overrun with Homer heads and compare the dimensions to a standard Simpsons season box set. There's no major difference.
the dimensions in width and height are not the same. there is a difference.
Old 07-18-06, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by elektrohog
assuming everyone has the same style shelf storage system you have.
I'd love to see what style of shelving you use.

i think the number of people who had a problem with the molded head packaging was quite well documented in a thread on this forum when the HOMER head was introduced for season 6. fox took notice because they now offer the seasons in "normal" style packaging and the collectible molded head version.
The main complaint was the shoddy quality of plastic used and the poor construction of the packaging, followed closely by a dislike of how season 6 looked too different from the spines of 1-5.

the dimensions in width and height are not the same. there is a difference.
I am sitting here with seasons 5 and 6 in my hands. Oh my god, you're right. Season 6 stands all of about a quarter-inch taller at the center. Those filthy bastards.

I'll repeat my advice to doc. Go to any store that has an abundance of the Homer head package, and compare them as I just did. Unless you have some of the strictest non-adjustable shelving ever made, there's no problem in storing the molded head on your shelf. Since we don't know what type of shelving you use, no one can really answer the question for you with perfect accuracy.

Last edited by MovieExchange; 07-18-06 at 07:19 AM.
Old 07-18-06, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well guys, I picked up the Homer head season six and it *is* marginally taller. But here's the best part: I decided to order the optional ($2.95) standard box alluded to in the packaging and called the 800 number. The recorded message is by Homer and it's a hoot! "Welcome disgruntled consumer...you have reached the Simpsons' season six replacement box hoax. Uh, I mean number. Don't worry...this is not a hoax. Or is it?" etc. Anyway, perhaps the "standard" box will become as collectable as the now-difficult-to-obtain season seven Marge head.
Old 07-18-06, 08:33 AM

I'd love to see what style of shelving you use.

The main complaint was the shoddy quality of plastic used and the poor construction of the packaging, followed closely by a dislike of how season 6 looked too different from the spines of 1-5.

I am sitting here with seasons 5 and 6 in my hands. Oh my god, you're right. Season 6 stands all of about a quarter-inch taller at the center. Those filthy bastards.

I'll repeat my advice to doc. Go to any store that has an abundance of the Homer head package, and compare them as I just did. Unless you have some of the strictest non-adjustable shelving ever made, there's no problem in storing the molded head on your shelf. Since we don't know what type of shelving you use, no one can really answer the question for you with perfect accuracy.
while you got that ruler out...
they are also a different width at the spine (taking up more space on a shelf than the first 5 seasons released).
i think whatever shelving i use is irrelevant, i'd rather use the forum to post the information originally asked for.
i repeat MY advice to doc, they are not the same dimensions and people voiced their opinions. fox OBVIOUSLY expected a problem because you can order a cardboard pop-up "normal style" package for the season 6 HOMER head which is STILL only available in a molded head style. fox & packaging creators recognized this complaint and now offer the discerning consumer a packaging choice for seasons 7 and the upcoming season 8, and most likely all remaining seasons to come.
Old 07-18-06, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

while you got that ruler out...
they are also a different width at the spine (taking up more space on a shelf than the first 5 seasons released).
i think whatever shelving i use is irrelevant, i'd rather use the forum to post the information originally asked for.
i repeat MY advice to doc, they are not the same dimensions and people voiced their opinions. fox OBVIOUSLY expected a problem because you can order a cardboard pop-up "normal style" package for the season 6 HOMER head which is STILL only available in a molded head style. fox & packaging creators recognized this complaint and now offer the discerning consumer a packaging choice for seasons 7 and the upcoming season 8, and most likely all remaining seasons to come.
I'm sorry, I didn't realize that I was dealing with someone so anal retentive that they get hung up on the width of the freakin' SPINE. For christ's sake, why do you buy any Simpsons season sets then? Or any box sets? They're all wider than the standard DVD spine.

But hey, I went and compared them again. Oh my god, you're right again! Another quarter of an inch difference at best. THOSE FILTHY HORRIBLE BASTARDS!!!!1111eleventy111!11

How you survive in this world of DVD spine anarchy is just amazing. Please share your story.
Old 07-18-06, 09:12 AM

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that I was dealing with someone so anal retentive that they get hung up on the width of the freakin' SPINE. For christ's sake, why do you buy any Simpsons season sets then? Or any box sets? They're all wider than the standard DVD spine.

But hey, I went and compared them again. Oh my god, you're right again! Another quarter of an inch difference at best. THOSE FILTHY HORRIBLE BASTARDS!!!!1111eleventy111!11

How you survive in this world of DVD spine anarchy is just amazing. Please share your story.
wow, another post of valuable information.
Old 07-18-06, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

it APPEARS the molded heads will be manufactured in limited quantities now (save for season 6 HOMER head which is ONLY available in a molded head style)- so buy them when they are first released!
I'm just realizing that now. I always figured I should have gotten the marge head first. They'll probably make the maggie box more rare then the head mold this time around just to mess with us.

yea like my matrix/neo bust set. I'm sure I'll get that eventually.
Old 07-18-06, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks. Took advantage of the free 2 day shipping I am currently getting with the Amazon Prime promotion so I ordered it, but we will see if it gets canceled like the one I ordered at Buy.com did. One day, I may actually own this set, who knows?

Est.?/2% Instant Reward: $-0.39
Order Total: $24.60
Old 07-18-06, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

My copy shipped today.
Old 07-19-06, 01:22 PM

Prices are back up to normal for head/non-head...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.