Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Hastings 3 Day Sale 14th-16th

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-06, 10:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hastings 3 Day Sale 14th-16th

Got a Hastings sales flyer today.They are having a 3 day sale today,Saturday,and Sunday.
First up is 50% Off Select TV DVD Sets pictured are
Family Guy
Firefly
American Dad
Friends
X-Files
NYPD Blue
Over There
That 70's Show
Futurama
Tru Calling
The Pretender
Home Improvement
Buffy
Arrested Development
King Of The Hill
The Simpsons

Also they have for 9.99 each,brand new:
Walk The Line(single disc only)
Big Mommas House 2
The Family Stone
Grandma's Boy
When you buy any one of these you get a free bag of popcorn.

There are coupons good this weekend only as well:
Buy 2 Books,Get 3rd Free(this is for NEW books)
4.99 two movie rentals & two Cokes
Any New CD for 9.99
Must have coupon for these purchases.

As well they still have there Buy 2,Get 3rd for $.01 deals on Used DVDs and Video Games,and also All Used Books and CDs are 4.99 or less.

If you are the type that likes the various movie action figures and the sort they select ones for up to 50% Off,this I think is pretty much YMMV.

That's about it for any good deals I see.I went in there tonight and the TV sets were pretty much every season of the ones listed above,except That 70's show was just Seasons 1-3.The Friends sets are regular priced at 29.99 so the half off puts them at 15.00,so a few dollars cheaper than Wal-mart.I was wondering maybe someone else with more knowledge about this might know,but could someone take the Hastings flyer to say Wal-mart and price match the 50% off TV sets or do they want to see a set dollar amount in the ad?
One more thing before I close this long post,I noticed a couple of weeks ago when I bought 3 used DVDs during this B2G1 sale is that the one I got for .01 was not the lowest price DVD I bought,like it's supposed to be.The cashier rang them up and manually changed the last one to .01.I know this is pretty much YMMV,but it's definitely worth a shot!
Old 07-14-06, 10:57 PM

I scored:

Rosanne S4 (17.99), Ren and Stimpy S3+4 (17.99) and Ren and Stimpy S4+5 (1cent) used

AND remember that Yakuza Papers Boxed Set deal from a long time ago...well I found one for 21.99!!! Last time I checked they were still over 80. I guess they got some in or finally changed the prices YMMV of course...

I'll probably go back on saturday and see if I can score some more swag when I have more time to dig around.
Old 07-14-06, 11:28 PM

Do you guys have any prices for the Simpsons?

And all are available during this sale 1-7?
Old 07-15-06, 02:00 AM

Yeah can anyone confirm the Simpsons for half off?
Old 07-15-06, 08:43 AM

Yeah they had all the simpsons even homer and marge heads. The first few seasons were 24.99 or 29.99 and the rest were 39.99...I cant remember exactly, but I'll let you know when I get back today. They have quite a few used sets too. I'm not sure if the half off or the buy 2 get one for a cent would be a better deal if you are picking up multiple sets...

All the new buffy seasons at my store were the old fat packs with the higher price point. For some reason they only have used thin packs...I need 6 and 7 still.

Oh and why is Angel freaking never on sale.
Old 07-15-06, 09:15 AM

Sweet. I just got of the phone and the The Simpsons Season 3,4,5, and 6 (they said 7 wasn't included) are on hold for me for 80 bucks (will still check for used ones though).
Old 07-15-06, 02:44 PM

Went back and picked up Buckaroo Banzai SE (6.99), Beastmaster SE (6.99) and Samurai Jack Premier Movie (1cent).

I also got best buy to price match the fox buy one get one and got buffy S6+7 thin packs for 32.99 for both. You could try and get the simpsons that way. The ad does not state what seasons are included. Good luck, my lady did not even call. Should have gotten all the angel seasons, but I'm saving up for a comic convention in August.

My quote on the simpsons price was right 29.99 and 39.99 before b1g1...
Old 07-15-06, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Stopped by this morning and picked up NYPD Blue Season 3 for $14.99, even though the regular price tag said $34.99!!! Also picked up 5 troma titles for $10.
Old 07-15-06, 03:09 PM

Has anyone else tried the deal with getting a more expensive used DVD for .01?Just curious if this is a common occurance or if I just got lucky with my purchase.
Old 07-15-06, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Clayman32
Has anyone else tried the deal with getting a more expensive used DVD for .01?Just curious if this is a common occurance or if I just got lucky with my purchase.
I've done it before. They usually just pick one out of the list. Usually it's just the last one, I think. If you get multiple sets of 3, then they may either just pick the last two or go to every third one. But it's a YMMV thing. It all depends on how close the cashier is paying attention and which one that particular cashier chooses to mark. I just put the higher priced ones in the middle of my stack the time I did it. The two higher priced ones ended up as .01. Since it's manually entered, this is a mistake that often happens...but again is just luck if it happens.
Old 07-16-06, 01:41 AM

went to Hastings earlier, even though the lady on the phone said Simpsons season 7 wasn't included when I got to the store it was the sign said "The Simpsons Seasons 1-7 50% off" I got Seasons 3-7 I also got Family Guy season 3 and 4. My Simpsons Season 5 had no discs in it though and when I went to take it back they had no more copies so they had to order me another one.
Old 07-16-06, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I saw the same sign and had no problem picking up season 7.
Old 07-16-06, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
Originally Posted by dmkb
I saw the same sign and had no problem picking up season 7.
Did either of you get the Marge head or was it the regular box?
Old 07-16-06, 09:26 PM

I saw the Patton 2-disc on a shelf for $7.99, but when I got the register, it rang up at $6.99. Good deal.
Old 07-16-06, 10:19 PM

Is 24 season 4 on sale - and if so how much is it? Can any of this stuff be ordered on line?
Old 07-16-06, 11:09 PM

Sorry dude but today (sunday) was the last day. All 24 seasons were on sale. Instore only I'm afraid. If not you could try at the link below, but usually its instore only.

www.gohastings.com
Old 07-17-06, 03:37 AM

All SImpsons Season 7 at My Hastings store were the regular box
Old 07-17-06, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts
Originally Posted by obidawsn
I've done it before. They usually just pick one out of the list. Usually it's just the last one, I think. If you get multiple sets of 3, then they may either just pick the last two or go to every third one. But it's a YMMV thing. It all depends on how close the cashier is paying attention and which one that particular cashier chooses to mark. I just put the higher priced ones in the middle of my stack the time I did it. The two higher priced ones ended up as .01. Since it's manually entered, this is a mistake that often happens...but again is just luck if it happens.
I think it's more of a YMMV thing... I made 2 different purchases at different times of the day. On both I stacked the DVDs lowest to highest. First purchase I got the more expensive ones for $.01 each. Second purchase the checker looked through the stack, pulled the more expensive ones scanned them first and gave me the least expensive for $01. each.
Old 07-17-06, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
I think it's more of a YMMV thing... I made 2 different purchases at different times of the day. On both I stacked the DVDs lowest to highest. First purchase I got the more expensive ones for $.01 each. Second purchase the checker looked through the stack, pulled the more expensive ones scanned them first and gave me the least expensive for $01. each.
Everything at hastings is ymmv. Sometimes they dont even know when they are having a sale. Both times I checked out this weekend I had to show the clerks the flyer to get them to ring up my stuff properly.