Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Big Brother 7 week two thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-06, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
Big Brother 7 week two thread

Just so we don't go through the season with just one thread. Howie continues his man on man crush on Will. Jase has so far been tollerable. Nakomis continues to be out of the loop. Is Diane even in the house?

Perfect night as far as I'm concerned
Spoiler:
Danni stays and Kaysar wins HOH
Old 07-13-06, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Julie Chen is a fucking dolt.
Old 07-13-06, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Spoiler:
I wonder if they already dropped the 2 HOH stuff already or do they plan on doing an every other week type thing?
Old 07-13-06, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
^^Same here. I'm not sure if it was a opening show gimmick, or if they planned to use it but dropped it for whatever reason.
Old 07-13-06, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by ChrisHicks
Spoiler:
I wonder if they already dropped the 2 HOH stuff already or do they plan on doing an every other week type thing?
Spoiler:
Why would anyone be happy to see Alison go home? She's a looker and she's a trouble maker. Just watch, someone like Will is going to go next, and soon there will be numbers of really boring people and the "good" ones will all be on the jury. Nice win with HOH, though.

I wonder if the same producers who thought the last 2 choices should be Boogie and Chicken didn't think through the 2 HOH system, where 1 person could simply choose to not agree, have the numbers, and get who they want out. Yes, there is some risk in going on the block, but it did give Jase a huge advantage and the next person might have gone through with it and that gives that 1 person way too much power. My guess is they learned that by watching and decided to change it. Of course, I could totally be wrong.

The next president of the US? I am constantly surprised at how many really stupid people exist in the world.

Last edited by dolphinboy; 07-13-06 at 09:26 PM.
Old 07-13-06, 10:20 PM

Hey George people have known since 2000 that you snore!!!
Old 07-13-06, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Timber
Perfect night as far as I'm concerned
Spoiler:
Danni stays and Kaysar wins HOH
Absolutely. I was surprised it ended as one-sided as it did but from the fact that they only revealed four votes I was pretty sure of the exact outcome before it was announced.
Old 07-13-06, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Is this the first time in BB history when a stupid multiple-choice challenge didn't go to some arbitrary tie-breaker like "how many blades of grass are on the Big Brother lawn?" It's gotta be one of the few at least.
Old 07-13-06, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Alison came out and was well spoken, articulate, honest, and apologetic. And, while I am sure that she HAS matured over the years, certain people are always going to be the same. The "other" Alison popped out a few times and if she had gone deep into that game she would have unraveled and I'd be willing to bet a left nut that the love of her life would have had to do some serious re-evaluating.

I liked seeing the guy that she used to date and who was in season 4 with her. He seems like a good guy.

Nakomis was the only one who had a rude message for Alison. She simply doesn't have anything going on in that head of hers.

I'm not liking Howie this time around. The Will thing is creepy even though it's clearly theater, but he was so dumb to act so crazy when Kaysar won. Janelle played it cool and James stayed away.

I really did wonder what the heck Alison was doing telling James to keep her and then telling him she was going after two of the season 6 people. With all the cutting and editing and with what Boogie said about almost being able to keep Alison, I wonder if she sealed her fate by saying that to James. Because Danielle is clearly more dangerous. Having a bitch in the house is good, because it deflects attention and Danielle is also smarter and will probably lay low and get back in the game. Alison would have self-destructed.

Every episode that airs, it kind of seems like it might have been a bad idea to have the all-stars. I was for it, but a majority of the players seems to be playing the game with an awareness of how they are appearing on tv and how things were the first time around and it's leading to not a lot happening.

As mentioned, people will get drunk and flustered eventually and some people won't be able to control their inner idiot, but they are clearly being careful. Diane pops to mind immediately. She is totally keeping herself quiet and that was nothing like the character she was the last time she played. She's even dressing conservatively.

What's up with Mike Boogie trying to look like he's all hip-hop? I'm a very white, white man, but, you know, people like Eminem and other white guys who do that are usually people who grew up with that kind of culture and that's really a lot of who they are. Mike Boogie just looks like a white, white guy like me, wearing really bad clothes.
Old 07-13-06, 11:52 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Is it just me, or was this the first time we've seen much of Kaysar since they all entered the house? We hear him mentioned a lot, and they show us a shot of him that looks like stock footage. He was occasionally around during the HoH room chats, but generally he's either been lying REALLY low or he's just been so boring the producers don't focus on him.

Nakomis' attempted hardball strategy is especially weak in this edition. Her "rallying the underdogs" thing worked well in a regular edition, but not here. Most of the weaker players are or appear to be aligning with others (Erika and Marcellus with the season 6 crew, Boogie with Will). She should just law low for awhile and let the big dogs take each other out, but she's already acting too agressive without any backup.

James is in a good position here. He's in the strongest alliance, but he's distanced himself enough that he won't be the target when their enemies finally get power. He can sit back and watch them go after Janelle and Kaysar. It would actually be a bad thing for him to win HoH at this point because it would force him to reveal his hand.
Old 07-14-06, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
Nakomis was the only one who had a rude message for Alison. She simply doesn't have anything going on in that head of hers.
Her message was out of context because they didn't show how crazy Alison was getting with her campaigning on Tuesday night.

Alison was going around threatening stragglers that they would be in the minority if they voted to keep Danielle because she (Alison) had already acquired enough votes. She was naming names and Nakomis got pissed that Alison used her name. This is in addition to Alison hiding in a pot in the kitchen for 2 hours to make sure no one turned George (he and many others actually were going to vote to keep Alison at the time).
Old 07-14-06, 04:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by the big train
Her message was out of context because they didn't show how crazy Alison was getting with her campaigning on Tuesday night.

Alison was going around threatening stragglers that they would be in the minority if they voted to keep Danielle because she (Alison) had already acquired enough votes. She was naming names and Nakomis got pissed that Alison used her name. This is in addition to Alison hiding in a pot in the kitchen for 2 hours to make sure no one turned George (he and many others actually were going to vote to keep Alison at the time).
Based on that, it seems like CBS is doing a really crap job giving us a good idea of what's going on.

Why would the leave out such juicy stuff? I think someone posted that Marcellas has freaked out and cried several times. Yet, based on what they've aired, he seems to be doing well.

I can see editing to keep us from knowing what will happen or editing to protect CBS from looking bad if people do things that cross the line for what the consider appropriate to air, but why cut out so much drama?

Again, based on what you're saying, Alison might have had enough votes, but possibly went so bonkers that people turned on her. I still think Nakomis with her frumpy look and voice didn't need to leave that kind of message, simply because she's so awful at getting in a dig without looking like an idiot, herself.

The way it's aired, it made it seem like Alison had "grown" a little since season 4, but hiding in a pot and threatening people is not growth. She even seemed genuine about feeling bad about her comments about Janelle and I kind of bought it to a certain extent, because girls are catty and Alison and Janelle were really going at it to be top cat.

Isn't the point of the show to give us the nasty parts and all the crazy antics, rather than focus on Chicken George snoring? I'm not getting this season at all. Have they even given them alcohol? Why did they mention there would be no PB and J? So there will be no food comps? Why? The games were always a little break from all the drama, but they're not even giving us the drama.
Old 07-14-06, 06:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The problem for the non live feeders is that there was not 3 shows last week. The Sunday and Tuesday shows are supposed to give a good idea of what's going on. The show last Thursday was the first show so nothing is going to happen on there so that left Tuesday to catch everybody up and do the Veto which was too much to squeeze into that show. I think this week will do a better job of showing what's going on.

Diane and Nakomis are completely out of the loop. The only reason Nakomis vated to keep Alison was that she just wanted to go with the majority. We might see Will go in the next 3 weeks since he absolutely does not want to be in the sequester house and he's currently bored out of his mind.
Old 07-14-06, 08:11 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I loved the music that played everytime they showed Alison's current boyfriend talking.
Old 07-14-06, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

What follows is a major spoiler from a post from people watching the live feeds. Don't read if you don't want to know. But, hey, everything can change, this is just as of last night.

Spoiler:
Keysar makes the point that if they play this week wrong the rest of the house could join together to get them out of the house. They need to come up with a plan to keep the house split.

Keysar throws out the idea that they need to convince the house that Chill Town has joined the Season 6 alliance. He instructs Howie to spend as much time as possible with Will and Boogie. Howie and Janelle agree with the idea. Howie says that he will be at their sides until they quarantine him. He then leaves the HOH room.

Kaysar talks to Janie about using her relationship with Jase. To watch him from now until the nominations. She is only to reveal that he is safe this week if he asks her. She is not to reveal who Kaysar is going to nominate.

Kaysar thinks more about how to convince the house of the possibility of a Season 6/Chill town alliance. He is going to talk to Will alone in the HOH room to let him know that he is safe and make a deal that they split up Diane and Nak this week and then which of them is HOH next week goes after the floaters.

Discuss what happens if they give Jase the idea that they want Diane is the one they want evicted and to keep Nak, but they really are going after Nak. Then if Jase gets the Veto see if he uses the Veto to continue the Mr. & Mrs. Smith alliance by taking Diane off the block.

They now want to gather up information and in the process set up everyone. Chill town, Jase and the Mr. & Mrs Smith alliance.

They discuss how much information to give James. They are not going to tell james who they are going after. Janie needs to make sure that Howie does not tell James. They also do not want to tell Howie about how they are setting up Jase. Do not tell Howie that they are going after Nak.
Old 07-14-06, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm confused.
Old 07-14-06, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by movieking
I'm confused.

Spoiler:
In short Kaysar only trusts Janelle to keep the whole plan under wraps. Jase is in a secret alliance with Diane so he wants to put him in a tough spot. They want him to think that that's who they are after instead of the real target (I have no idea why they have a hard on for Nakomis) As a side project he wants to get the rest of the house to turn on Will and Mike by making the house think that they are aligned with season 6.
Old 07-14-06, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

You might want to explain what the Mr. & Mrs. Smith Alliance is.

Based on that, it seems like CBS is doing a really crap job giving us a good idea of what's going on.

Why would the leave out such juicy stuff? I think someone posted that Marcellas has freaked out and cried several times. Yet, based on what they've aired, he seems to be doing well.
I guess the reason they left all that out is that everybody was originally going to vote out Alison, and that is what they eventually did. The George snoring story is important because everybody is going CA-RAZY. He and Howie slept together in the HOH room for two nights and another night they were going to move George and his bed into the back yard.

The real story is that Janelle had to work like crazy to get Alison out. Alison had Diane, Nakomis, Will, Boogie, George, Erika and Marcellas at one point. Something Alison said bothered Erika and convinced her that she should vote to evict Alison. Marcellas hasn't been crying, but he has had a bunch of breakdowns over his feelings about Danielle. He kept going back and forth promising Janelle two or three different times that he was going to vote for Alison. Marcellas and Erika solidified their position late Tuesday night. Will, Boogie and George were still going to vote for Danielle when voting began, but Erika told Boogie (the anti-BB6 ring leader) about the change moments before he was to vote. He told everybody else, but Will and George were the only ones to change their votes in time.
Old 07-14-06, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Nominations are in:

Spoiler:
Diane and Nakomis. Diane is crying up a storm and she's really not the target. If this goes on, she might become the target.
Old 07-14-06, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Nominations are in:

Spoiler:
Diane and Nakomis. Diane is crying up a storm and she's really not the target. If this goes on, she might become the target.

Spoiler:
Yeah she appears to have had a breakdown. Kaysar feels bad, or felt bad for a while. I'm still not understanding why Kaysar has it in for Nakomis.
Old 07-14-06, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Spoiler:
Yeah she appears to have had a breakdown. Kaysar feels bad, or felt bad for a while. I'm still not understanding why Kaysar has it in for Nakomis.
How do you make "BBAllstars" and not expect to go on the block???
Old 07-14-06, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by magiccmom
How do you make "BBAllstars" and not expect to go on the block???
Spoiler:
She says she didn't deserve to make it on Allstars. She says she's changed since she was on the show, she's no longer cut throat. She suspects it's from all the pot she's smoked.
Old 07-15-06, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Spoiler:
She says she didn't deserve to make it on Allstars. She says she's changed since she was on the show, she's no longer cut throat. She suspects it's from all the pot she's smoked.
Spoiler:
I don't think she'll be like this very long. Alison was all defeated for about a day after she lost the veto and then she campaigned harder than anyone I have ever seen.
Old 07-15-06, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Spoiler:
That's the same reason that I give for why I'm no longer cut throat.
Old 07-15-06, 03:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Spoiler:
Yep. It took about 8 hours, but Diane is now in full-on mega-bitch mode.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.