Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

MASON & WRIGHT: WE WANT FLOYD TO PERFORM AGAIN

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-06, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

This article seems to have come from nowhere.I must have skipped it.

In two seperate interviews, both published yesterday in UK newspapers, Nick Mason and Richard Wright both expressed their wishes that Pink Floyd would perform together live again.

With all the recent activity, not least the release of the PULSE DVD that showcases the band's 1994 Dark Side show, both band members talk about how good it would be to play together again.

The rare interview with Richard was for The Independent. He starts by talking of how pleased he was that PULSE had finally got released. "One of the things I always regret about being in Pink Floyd is that you can never go to see the show. I have no idea what it looks like. We know it's pretty powerful, but when you're on stage you have no clear idea of it. So when I watched it on DVD I was overwhelmed by how amazing it looks."
Read full article

If they ever tour again ( w/wo Waters ) I will cream myself.I saw them in 94' at 'The Murph' and will never forget it.If they do 'Farewell' tour, I would sell a kidney to buy the best ticket in the house.
Old 07-13-06, 03:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If it happened I would do whatever it takes to see a show. A tour with "classic" Floyd would be a dream come true.

Since Live 8 happened I believe there's still hope for this to happen. I know Gilmour, Wright and Mason would do it, Waters would probably be the main thing holding it back. Now with Syd gone, I can see them letting bygones be bygones and realizing that life it too short hold a grudge against one another for so long.
Old 07-13-06, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
From what I understand, Dave's the holdout, not Rog.
Old 07-13-06, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by whaaat
From what I have read, I'd suggest it's more like they're co-equal holders out. They both seem to have serious doubts they could get along for more than a night.
Old 07-13-06, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

You know, maybe if they just stood on opposite sides of the stage, maybe with some sort of structure between them like a... I dunno... a wall? Take my money! Set your great-great-great grandkids up for life.
Old 07-13-06, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 250 Likes on 185 Posts
They could charge $500 a ticket and I would be there....
Old 07-13-06, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jimmy James
From what I have read, I'd suggest it's more like they're co-equal holders out. They both seem to have serious doubts they could get along for more than a night.
In interviews in a recent Guitar World magazine, Waters stated that he was all for a reunion and Gilmour said he wouldn't do one, basically saying he's done with Floyd at this time in his life. Apparently the night it was announced that Floyd would be reuniting for G8, an offer was presented to Waters that would have paid the band $250 million for one reunion tour. The cynic in me thinks that might have something to do with his willingness, but Gilmour appears to care less.

I don't even care if Waters is never allowed back in the band, I'd just love to have a new Floyd studio album.
Old 07-13-06, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 250 Likes on 185 Posts
Well why doesn't Waters tour with Wright and Mason then? They replaced the lead guitarist once I'm sure they would have no trouble finding a great guitarist who would jump at the chance to play with Pink Floyd. The replacement might not have Dave's chops but F him if he doesn't want to be part of it.
Old 07-15-06, 08:23 PM

Roger Waters is touring this summer.He's doing the complete "Dark Side of The Moon" LP and also doing songs from "Wish You Were Here" and 'The Wall".Early reviews say the show is fantastic.I'm going to catch him for my Floyd fix.
Old 07-15-06, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Misery
Roger Waters is touring this summer.He's doing the complete "Dark Side of The Moon" LP and also doing songs from "Wish You Were Here" and 'The Wall".Early reviews say the show is fantastic.I'm going to catch him for my Floyd fix.
Planned a Vegas trip around the early info that he was going to be there Oct 6th. After weeks with no tickets on sale or the venue having any info, the date was changed to a 3rd Hollywood Bowl appearance. Living in Oklahoma sucks ass, I do not recommend it.
Old 07-16-06, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts
I'd like to see Floyd, and would be happy seeing Roger Waters. As it is, he's not coming to Denver, so that's out. I also can't see Floyd reuniting, but I'd pay quite a bit to see it.
Old 07-17-06, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Misery
I'm currently streaming/listening to the 7.12.06 show (minus the Dark Side stuff) on Sugarmegs where he dedicated/introduced Wish You Were Here by saying "We dedicate this whole evening to Syd, my friend, but particularly this song..."

It seems to be a pretty strong show.
Old 07-17-06, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 114 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by whaaat
True. Roger's grudge has definetly decreased more than Dave's, but Rog still declined a reunion on the Charlie Rose show. But I hope that isn't the same as a farewell tour *fingerscrossed*
Old 07-19-06, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts
I think if they allow David full control over what goes on and who does what, it can happen.But it wont.They both like to make things happen the way they want it to.
Roger is mostly over it all, but David has kept it all over the years.
If Roger were to say that David can direct it all, then maybe it can happen.
Truley though, even if it were just David and no Roger, that is fine by me.Thats how it has been for a long time anyway.I dont really care.I just want to see them one last time before we see headlines of a member passing.Then it will over for good.Sounds selfish, but there are still millions of Floyd fans that would like to see them live one last time.If the Stones can do it at ages 80-120, Floyd can as well