Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

*NEW* Charlotte Martin "Stromata". Single on ITUNES released 7/4/06!

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 07-05-06, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The new Charlotte Martin EP was released yesterday and includes the title cut from her new CD "Stromata", in stores mid-September.

I have REALLY been looking forward to her next full-length album ever since 2004's "On Your Shore" (released on RCA records) - my favorite album of that year by any artist. She is now on an indie label.

Charlotte has quite a few CD's now:
One Girl Army
Test Drive Songs
In Parentheses
On Your Shore
Veins
Darkest Hour
Rarities Set (#1,2,3)
Veins
Something Like A DVD- Limited
Stromata EP
Stromata (09/2006)

not to mention a TON of live bootlegs on Archive.org.

anyone else a fan?
Old 07-05-06, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Since i'm usually late to start my radio show, by the time I get there, the previous DJ is gone and the station loop is running. Last week, once I finally got there and started setting up, the loop was playing and I heard Charlotte. Didn't know who she was and I don't know what song it was, but I wrote down her name to make sure I checked her out later. I'm liking what I heard.

Any suggestions over at Archive?
Old 07-05-06, 07:03 PM

i love the setlist for this show... you should download "Up all night"- the part where she breaks down is one of my favorite live moments:
http://www.archive.org/details/cmartin2004-01-19.shnf

what is your radio station?

but really, all the shows are pretty good and Charlotte doesn't ever mind being taped so the fans use high quality recording devices.

if you start to get into charlotte, i would suggest first picking up "on your shore"... its available EVERYWHERE and is amazing.

then, i would look into some of the covers she does... "In Your Eyes", "Cloudbusting" (kate bush), "Chocolate" (snow patrol), a few songs by the Cure... if you need help with your Charlotte collection, let me know, i have almost every studio song, including the rarities.

Last edited by AndyCleveland; 07-05-06 at 07:07 PM.
Old 07-05-06, 07:06 PM

Wow, thanks for the heads up. Was the EP also released in stores, or just iTunes?
Old 07-05-06, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by sailor_moon
Wow, thanks for the heads up. Was the EP also released in stores, or just iTunes?
iTunes and other online stores. I don't think it is physically available as a CD though :-(
Old 07-05-06, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by AndyCleveland
iTunes and other online stores. I don't think it is physically available as a CD though :-(
Oh well, guess I'll get it from iTunes then. I've got no problem doing so, but if a hard copy exists I'd rather own that.

Thanks again!
Old 07-05-06, 07:42 PM

Charlotte Martin's new album Stromata is coming September 12, courtesy of Dinosaur Fight Records. Download the title track and two non-album tracks (today-what are you waiting for?), on the 1st digital single before the full album release.

The single is available at these digital distributors-Apple iTunes, AOL/MusicNow, Real/Rhapsody, Wal-Mart, FYE, Virgin, MSN, Yahoo, MusicMatch, Sony Connect, Napster, BuyMusic, Peer Impact, Passalong, Loudeye, URGE, Sprint, Verizon, Tower, and Burn Lounge.

Want to help spread the word? Check out the new Stromata web goodies.

THE ABOVE IS TAKEN FROM myspace.com/charlottemartin