Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia "Charlie Gets Crippled"/"The Gang Goes Jihad 6-29-06

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia "Charlie Gets Crippled"/"The Gang Goes Jihad 6-29-06

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-06, 01:38 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts

yes it's back and according to Tim Goodman in the Chronicle more politically incorrect than ever!!!

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...GE9JKNGD13.DTL

Originally Posted by Tim Goodman
Instead, "Sunny" has an infectious goofiness to it that leavens the subject matter. Last year, the series tackled racism, underage drinking, gun control and abortion -- pretty much any issue that might cause people to react one way. The show went the other with merry enthusiasm. The first two episodes this season -- airing back-to-back Thursday -- are called "Charlie Gets Crippled" and "The Gang Goes Jihad." A later episode is titled "Mac Bangs Dennis' Mom." You get the picture.

Danny DeVito joins the cast..
Old 06-29-06, 01:51 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
"Are you bangin your sister?" That commercial kille me

good to see they're keeping up with the great episode titles like they had last season
Old 06-29-06, 06:14 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts
I like the Friends spoof commercial too.
Old 06-29-06, 06:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Damnit, I was hoping that they would start the season w/ the "Gay for God" episode.
Old 06-29-06, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Red Dog
I like the Friends spoof commercial too.
I don't stop the TiVo for many commercials, but that always gets a play.
Old 06-29-06, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts
I was watching one of last season's episodes on Fox the other day, and my wife was on the couch reading. She hadn't seen the show before, and I was trying to explain it. It was the episode about the teacher being accused of molestation. She was aghast that I was laughing when they were talking about Charlie being one of the molested.

I tried explaining that he wasn't really molested, but all I got from her was . I had to go to another room to finish watching, and now my wife thinks I'm demented. I can't wait to try to explain these new episodes...
Old 06-29-06, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Season 1 really needs to come out on DVD. I am surprised FX didn't release it before Season 2 started airing.
Old 06-29-06, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my wife saw that same scene....what's wrong with me? why didn't he want me??
Old 06-29-06, 08:13 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
"Vietnam...now get me a beer bitch!"

Oh man, this season looks to be great.
Old 06-29-06, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Lookin foward to tonight.

"Am I gay for God?"

"YOU BETCHA!"

Old 06-29-06, 09:17 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

"Vietnam's what happened, NOW GET ME A BEER BITCH!"

Great first episode, hopefully #2 tonight is just as good
Old 06-29-06, 10:30 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Anne Archer was was a great as Dee and Dennis's mom. Loved when she slapped Charlie

1st ep was better, but overall a great start
Old 06-29-06, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
"Im from Israel"

Everyone crosstalk - "Oh, terrible, terrible whats going on there!"
Charlie, "Yeah, the tsunami, and with the superdome and all"
Old 06-30-06, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
My DirecTivo didn't record it, even though I set the season pass a few weeks ago. I checked this morning and it didn't record because it was no longer in the program guide... wtf?

Oh well, at least FX reruns the crap out of it......
Old 06-30-06, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
You dropped a big J bomb dude.

"And then you could have bought it -"
"Let's not get into the blame game here."

Both episodes were great.
Old 06-30-06, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by 12thmonkey
My DirecTivo didn't record it, even though I set the season pass a few weeks ago. I checked this morning and it didn't record because it was no longer in the program guide... wtf?

Oh well, at least FX reruns the crap out of it......
Mine did the same exact thing. I was so pissed because I religiously check my "To Do" list to make sure everything is set, and as of Thursday morning, everything was a go. Then, suddenly, Thursday night, it says those eps weren't recorded because they were no longer in the program guide.

I think what happened was that they were originally classified as two half-hour programs, and that's how they were set. Now, they are showing up as one hour-long program. Obviously a change was made at the last minute for some reason, and Tivo got all confused. I've got them set to record tonight.
Old 06-30-06, 10:31 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

It was the same last year, you need to have it set for all with duplicates I think to make sure you get the recordings. 1st run only always misses it
Old 06-30-06, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Boot
Mine did the same exact thing. I was so pissed because I religiously check my "To Do" list to make sure everything is set, and as of Thursday morning, everything was a go. Then, suddenly, Thursday night, it says those eps weren't recorded because they were no longer in the program guide.

I think what happened was that they were originally classified as two half-hour programs, and that's how they were set. Now, they are showing up as one hour-long program. Obviously a change was made at the last minute for some reason, and Tivo got all confused. I've got them set to record tonight.
I also do daily checks on what's recording every night and mine disappeared as well. Good to know it's on again tonight.

I never understood how a DirecTiVo could get "confused" when it's constantly in contact with the satellite? A standalone unit making a daily call, sure, but....
Old 06-30-06, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts
The "Jew" discussion was .
Old 06-30-06, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Forgot to add, thanks to all of my playing of GRAW, I have a bad habit of saying dammit, or more often goddammit. Unfortunately my 2 year old has taken saying both, he started yelling GD the other day when my wife was out with one of her religious friends. Since he started saying these I make a conscious effort not to say it.

The scene in the ER when Dennis yells GD Dad, my son starts yelling GD Dad over and over. I had to hold in my laughter hard, luckily his mom was not in ear shot when this happened or I would have got in trouble for it.
Old 06-30-06, 06:29 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Glad to have this show back -- enjoyed both episodes.
Old 07-01-06, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just started watching this show this season (well more appropriately when they were running some of last season's episodes on Fox a few weeks ago). It's funny but one thing that irritates me is why they rarely if ever have customers in the bar. With the exception of the one where the guy died in the bar, the bar seems more like any old set piece and not at all related to the plot. It seems like with the father being the new owner maybe that will change.
Old 07-01-06, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Apparently, I'm not meant to watch this.

I set the TiVo to record at the scheduled time and get 33 minutes of last weeks Rescue Me. Not even enough to see the first episode.

I'm padding Sunday's showing an hour each way this time. This is really bizarre.
Old 07-01-06, 05:20 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Same here Chew. I always padded it by 5mins. so now I pad by 1 hour. lame, but has to be done, I think the first run ep is okay i.e. starts on time, but from my memory of last season I remember the times being all over the place.
Old 07-02-06, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Well most of the time when they are in the bar it seems like daytime. When the mother came in I saw two guys who looked like bums sitting on stools.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.