Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

danish film packs released in November

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 06-27-06, 09:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was browsing through Cdon.com and rand across this link:

edit: link is not working. Go to cdon.com (choose the danish site). Under "film" on the left hand side choose "Saerlige Tilbud". Click on the "nordisk film" link at the bottom.

It looks like on November 6th (Nov. 3rd according to a few other sites) there will be 12 different 4 disc film packs released by nordisk. Some of them are non-danish films, but a large number are actually danish film. Some titles I noticed in the packs: Dogville, Manderlay, Kongekabale, Adams Æbler, Unge Andersen, Nordkraft.

I would hope that if the original releases contained english subs, these would as well (you can check on some of them by going to axelmusic.com and trying to read the scans of the back).

I almost forgot - these seem to be selling everywhere for 100kr (less than $14 for 4 films once the tax is removed). Even if one or two films in the pack don't have english subs, you still make out with some dirt cheap films.

Last edited by drpie; 06-27-06 at 09:16 AM.
Old 06-27-06, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Very good news

Ciao,
Pro-B
Old 11-17-06, 11:38 AM

I received three of the dvd packs today (included Dogville, Manderlay, Kongekabale, Adams Æbler, Unge Andersen, Nordkraft and 6 others). I can confirm that these are the exact same dvds that you would receive if you ordered them separately! So, for example for $14 you can receive the 2 disc version of Dogville, the 2 disc of manderlay, Unge Andersen, and Opbrud. Same cases, same artwork, same UPCs, etc.

link

Last edited by drpie; 11-17-06 at 11:41 AM.
Old 01-29-07, 04:04 PM
Cool New Member

drpie, thanks a whole lot for this thread. I was about to buy the 2-disc Dogville for around $26 until I saw this thread. 4 movies including the 2-disc Dogville and 2-disc Manderlay for around $25 shipped is incredible. I recieved mine in the mail today and can't believe it. Thanks again!

Last edited by mattress_man; 01-29-07 at 04:09 PM.
Old 01-29-07, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

did you order from axelmusic? how much did they charge you for shipping? I ask because they increased the minimum for free shipping so I haven't ordered from them in a while. thanks
Old 01-29-07, 04:42 PM
Cool New Member

I ordered from the axelmusic.dk Danish site. Shipping was 39.95 DKK or nearly $7.
Old 01-30-07, 12:01 AM

I thought I couldn't find it, but nevermind, I found the pack that includes Dogville + Mandalay. Thanks so much for the news!! Now let's hope AxelMusic can ship to Asia...

Last edited by chaos2046; 01-30-07 at 12:15 AM.
Old 01-30-07, 01:19 AM
Suspended

at axelmusic.dk how did you guys fill out the address form for shipment...

Fornavn= first name
Efternavn= last name
Adresse= how specificly did you fill this one out? did you include city and state with the street address?
Postnummer + by= ?
Land= country
Email= e-mail
Telefon nr. = telephone #
Kommentar= ?
Old 01-30-07, 02:01 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Harry Lime
at axelmusic.dk how did you guys fill out the address form for shipment...

Fornavn= first name
Efternavn= last name
Adresse= how specificly did you fill this one out? did you include city and state with the street address?
Postnummer + by= ?
Land= country
Email= e-mail
Telefon nr. = telephone #
Kommentar= ?
You place your address the same way you do in the US! Posthummer is where I place Zipcode. Kommentar is self-explanatory....it is for additional comments you might want to add to your order.

This being said, I've always gotten email in English from the Danish team as they confirm your order. So, any concerns...just write them back.

Great store!!

Pro-B
Old 01-30-07, 02:15 AM
Cool New Member

did you already signup for an account? if not, go to the English site (axelmusic.com) and create one.

Then go to axelmusic.dk and in the upper right hand corner fill out your e-mail address and pw.

Then you'll see 3 symbols up at the top of the page. If you put your mouse cursor over them, they'll reveal your profile (INDSTILLINGER), your orders (ORDRELISTEN), and your wishlist (HUSKELISTEN). Click on the symbol to the furthest left, your profile (INDSTILLINGER).

You can set your site default langauge to "English" there (if your settings are still in Danish, it'll read "VÆLG STANDARD SPROG" next to the language default option). It took me awhile to figure out how to work it, but eventually it'll all make sense.
Old 02-01-07, 12:56 AM
Suspended

thanks for the help you two, I just put my order in with them.
Old 02-08-07, 11:32 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by BuddhaWake
did you order from axelmusic? how much did they charge you for shipping? I ask because they increased the minimum for free shipping so I haven't ordered from them in a while. thanks

Does anyone know what the new minimum for free shipping is?

Thanks.
Old 02-08-07, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i don't remember the exact amount but its around $200 US
Old 02-13-07, 07:03 PM

You can also click on the British flag in the top right-hand corner of the site before you go to check out and it will make all the text appear in English.
Old 02-14-07, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the thread. I ordered the pack with Dogville and the pack with Nordkraft and received both for under $40. They all have english subs on the films. I was worried about "Opbrud" because it didn't list english subtitles on the back - but the film is in English.

I would like to pick up the pack with Adam's Apples. Has it ever been in stock?
Old 02-14-07, 07:49 PM

I bought the pack with adam's apples way back in november from axelmusic