Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Serenity Charity screenings, Chicago - 23 Jun 2006

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 06-23-06, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,398 Likes on 1,025 Posts

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com/

These are screenings for Whedon's charity of choice, Eqaulity Now.

Anyone from the Chicago area going tonight?
Old 06-24-06, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,398 Likes on 1,025 Posts
Guess not

Well the wife and I went and it was great. They played a little speech from Joss before the film, where he's speaking at a gathering for Equality Now (the charity which these are for), and he gave some really insightful info on why he writes what he does.

Then after the movie, we saw a fan/spoof called "Mosquito" that was kinda cute, and then they drew door prizes. They gave away some Whedon comics and brickabrack, and also Firefly and Serenity DVDs, which seemed odd to me since the kind of crowd that would go to this would already have them.

And it was really nice seeing the film up on the big screen again. I honestly have to say this film really holds up. Even knowing all the jokes, everyone still laughed, and everyone still got really quiet when the leaf on the wind soared no more.
Old 06-24-06, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 227 Likes on 156 Posts
Originally Posted by milo bloom
I honestly have to say this film really holds up. Even knowing all the jokes, everyone still laughed, and everyone still got really quiet when the leaf on the wind soared no more.
I watch the HD-DVD at least once per week.... and still get a kick out of the jokes.

I believe there is a screening tomorrow in Houston. I'll see if I can try to make it.