Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

(Dead) DeepDiscountDVD.com 20% Off Sale Discussion - Part 4

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-06, 10:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(Dead) DeepDiscountDVD.com 20% Off Sale Discussion - Part 4

For us that want to continue talking about our orders.

Got my first order in today (Batman vol.1-4, Beast Wars 1-3, Turtles 2-4, Ghostbusters 1-3) and it was in a gigantic box. The padding was paper. No problems on my end, a few dings on the corners but that doesn't bother me too much. Looks like a razore blade slashed the Batman sets but that doesn't bother me much either since I can just turn them around.

Order 3 should be here by the end of the week.
Old 06-21-06, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My 2nd large Criterion order is arriving today via UPS. I can't wait to get them. So far, out of the 3 orders I've gotten, only 1 title had any scratches. So 1 out of 30 isn't bad.
Old 06-21-06, 10:24 AM

The only further commment I'd have about the paper padding is maybe it would work better if more was included. In my box, there was only paper on top of the box. There was nothing protecting it on the sides or, most importantly, the bottom.

A corner of my outer box had gotten smashed in, obviously in shipping, but fortunately that didn't seem to transfer to anything inside.

DDD really needs to invest in better packing materials, or at least more. A question I asked in the Pt. 3 thread was if paying for shipping gets you better packing. Does it? If so, is that disclosed? If not, it should be.
Old 06-21-06, 10:31 AM

They've never been skimpy on my paper padding. Out of roughly 40-50 dvds received so far nothing wrong. Not just need to get the other 50.
Old 06-21-06, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They put my Hitchcock Masterpiece and two DVDs in a rather big box. The items were in the corner of one box with paper in the rest of the box.
Old 06-21-06, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
For anyone who ordered the media racks (which DDD says ships direct from the manufacturer), does the order come via UPS or a trucking service? Will they leave it at your porch if there is no one home?
Old 06-21-06, 11:11 AM

I received shipments from my first two orders yesterday. All items arrived undamaged, but there were mismatches with the invoices.

First order shipped 6/9 via USPS. Out of twelve items, three were missing. The box was packed to capacity, but there was no indication on the invoice the missing items would be sent separately and no indication they were OOS.

Second order shipped 6/14 via UPS. Out of twenty seven items, none were missing but there was one duplicate. The invoice indicated only one copy of the duplicate had been packed.

I thought I'd give the USPS another day in case there's a second package that got separated in transit. It's strange that wasn't mentioned in the paperwork, though. This is the first time I've encountered such handling problems. DDD should do more QC, since reshipments/returns are costly and mistakes are easily avoided.
Old 06-21-06, 11:13 AM

I'm thinking that my orders were shipped via USPS instead of UPS like my shipping emails indicated, since I have no sign of my orders yet!

hope so! hopefully the first should come by the end of the week.

BTW DDD, you really need to fix your system, if its shipping via USPS. PLEASE don't say it was shipped UPS!!!

Still going to keep that note that CS made in my account to always ship via USPS.
Old 06-21-06, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally Posted by Altimus Prime
A question I asked in the Pt. 3 thread was if paying for shipping gets you better packing. Does it? If so, is that disclosed? If not, it should be.
I've done both kinds of shipping (at least the "free" and the $5.95 upgrade) and haven't noticed any difference in packing. It was still packing the DVDs as tight into a box as possible with some paper at the top. I don't think DDD is really listening to people on this issue -- I've e-mailed customer service suggesting this (better packing) and got the standard "Thank you for you comments ... we'll take this into consideration for the future". That was a year ago.

Got my first order in and everything was correct and undamaged. Taking advantage of the multiple codes and breaking up bigger orders is really the way to go.
Old 06-21-06, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by sinned
For anyone who ordered the media racks (which DDD says ships direct from the manufacturer), does the order come via UPS or a trucking service? Will they leave it at your porch if there is no one home?
I ordered this media cabinet during the sale. http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/redir...ifier=LDE954WD

It was shipped UPS Ground and is scheduled for delivery today. Whether or not they leave it would depend on several factors. UPS leaves everything in my carport if I'm not home, but today my wife is home all day.
Old 06-21-06, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I recieved the final part of my first order today, Dead Zone - Season 3, which was backordered. Packed perfectly, no problems.

Still waiting on my last Friday order, and my girlfriend's orders.
Old 06-21-06, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received my order from the sale today. Exactly one week from shipment to receipt, which is not bad at all considering I have had media mail from DDD take as long as 15 days to reach me.

DVDs were packed tightly in the box, which was pretty small. (Two stacks of DVDs would fit side by side in the box, with no room for shifting). I did have one floater though; The Ballad of Cable Hogue inside the Peckinpah westerns box. I opened it up and fortunately, the disc was not scratched.

The E.T. box set I ordered is still indicated as backordered with shipment pending on the packing slip; wonder if it will show up? If not no biggie as I have another copy on its way to me from half.com.

Thanks for the good job DDD! Hoping for a return engagement in the fall.
Old 06-21-06, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Waiting for order #3 (Aileen: Life and Death of a Serial Killer & Cannibal Apocalypse), but missing one title from order #1-Dazed and Confused: CC.
Old 06-21-06, 12:55 PM

Okay this is weird! I got my last order the one I made on the tuesday release day today, via USPS. Seems they were going to ship UPS, as I see a UPS label underneath the USPS label. And when I phone up CS they said there was nothing they could do!

Thanks for shipping USPS anyways, guess my note helped!

What i'm worried about now is my first order which I made first night of this sale, which claimed was shipped UPS as well. But no sign of it, and no tracking # being updated on the UPS site. Guess I could call DDD but since they were of so little help last time, I doubt it would be any different.
Old 06-21-06, 01:53 PM

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Received 3 of 4 orders thus far, no problems with the orders I've recived.

Order #1 (with priority shipping) arrived very quickly.

Order #2 has yet to arrive. It was ordered with free shipping and sent out on the 12th.

Order #3 (with free shipping) was sent out on the 13th and arrived today.

Order #4 (with priority shipping) was sent out on the 15th and arrived Monday.

Do packages with free shipping have active delivery confirmation numbers? The (delivery confirmation?) number on order #3 had 19 digits and is not valid at the USPS site. I'd like to check on the status of order #2.
Old 06-21-06, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Zodiac_Speaking
Waiting for order #3 (Aileen: Life and Death of a Serial Killer & Cannibal Apocalypse), but missing one title from order #1-Dazed and Confused: CC.
Yeah, Cannibal Apocalypse was the only title (out of about 25 I ordered) that got back-ordered. I'm surprised that so many other people ordered it during this sale - I saw about four posters mention it through the various DDD sale threads.

But overall, I'm very pleased with the results of the sale this year. Three of my four orders showed up within a week or under, and so far, all have been correct and in perfect shape. Last summer's sale was a nightmare for me - a couple of missing or wrong items, a few damaged or loose disks, one major problem with a return, and the free shipping was even slower than normal. I'm glad to see that DDD is apparently much more on the ball this year.
Old 06-21-06, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Orders 1, 3, and 4 have arrived.

Order 2, which shipped on the 12th has not arrived yet- should I be concerned?
Old 06-21-06, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by mifuneral
Orders 1, 3, and 4 have arrived.

Order 2, which shipped on the 12th has not arrived yet- should I be concerned?
Nope. Not yet anyway. DDD and the USPS work in mysterious ways.
Old 06-21-06, 03:14 PM
Suspended

I received my 2nd order, still waiting on the 3rd. My 1st order was fine. All the DVDs were in good condition, nothing loose in the case, no scratches or dings on the boxes, etc... The 2nd order was 1 solitary DVD & it arrived loose & scratched, but it plays just fine. So, I'm not gonna bother exchanging it.
Old 06-21-06, 03:35 PM
Banned

Received my first order shipped 6/13 today. Everything in great shape.

Orders 2 & 3 shipped on the 17th still on the way.

4th order for the Avengers Emma Peel set still back ordered.

Doesn't matter what company I order from. Media mail always takes a long time to get to me.
Old 06-21-06, 03:43 PM

Hmm. My order of four titles, shipped in two packages via media mail three days apart, arrived in its entirety on the same day. Odd, that.
Old 06-21-06, 03:58 PM

DDD is 45 minutes away from me and my first package shipped yesterday. I'm hoping it will be waiting for me when I get home but you never know.
Old 06-21-06, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

That was quick. Placed my one and only order on Saturday and a few of things were on backorder. The dvds that were in stock shipped on Monday and showed up at my door step on Tuesday, but I only live about a half hour away from DDD. THAT WAS QUICK. And everything was in good shape for a change.

One odd thing though. The "Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia" had a BestBuy sticker on it with a $9.99 price tag. What the hell?
Old 06-21-06, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by purplechoe
One odd thing though. The "Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia" had a BestBuy sticker on it with a $9.99 price tag. What the hell?
Ha ha. WTH indeed!!

I'm still waiting for seven DVDs (two orders, two titles on backorder).
Old 06-21-06, 04:56 PM

Now that everyone is receiving their orders, is anyone going to post some pics of them?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.