Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Censored DVD? Return??

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Censored DVD? Return??

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-06, 06:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Censored DVD? Return??

Well my friend borrowed my Eraser (r1) dvd bought when I lived in the states. He threw it away..

So I went to play.com (I live in Europe now, Denmark) and ordered Eraser on DVD, region 2, and I assume, UK release (play.com is UK).

But now I find out that it is most likely censored?!? Missing 3½ minutes of footage?!

The thing is, the phone number on the play.com website doesn't work.So I can't call them and ask if it's the UK release. But if I unwrap the DVD I can't return it!

Check it out http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/1809/Eraser/Product.html

And then look here:
http://www.worldwidedvdforums.com/kb...e=article&k=64

Hey it only cost me 6 pounds to order, but...what would you do?`Do you think it's the censored one I've bought?
Old 06-21-06, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts
Yes, it looks like you bought the UK censored version, as the box on the Play website has the UK 15 certificate on it.

However, it should be noted that even the 18 certificate version was edited by a few seconds in the UK, so if you wanted a fully uncensored version, you'd have to buy a non-UK version anyway.
Old 06-21-06, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Jay G.
Yes, it looks like you bought the UK censored version, as the box on the Play website has the UK 15 certificate on it.

However, it should be noted that even the 18 certificate version was edited by a few seconds in the UK, so if you wanted a fully uncensored version, you'd have to buy a non-UK version anyway.
To hell with the damn UK, I am ordering it from dvdsoon.com! And I am ordering it RIGHT now.

The Royal family can kiss my ass.

Sorry I am so angry but DVD censorship, it is INSANE. Quite simply insane!
Old 06-21-06, 11:29 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Parcher

well that's the name of the game when you buy discs from other countries - you run that risk. FYI, check out BBFC's website where they actually say if a movie is cut or not for the BBFC ratings.
Old 06-21-06, 11:51 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well my friend borrowed my Eraser (r1) dvd bought when I lived in the states. He threw it away..
First of all, why did your friend throw away your DVD he borrowed, when he knew it wasn't his belonging to discard? I would have been extremely upset.
Old 06-21-06, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by SINGLE104
First of all, why did your friend throw away your DVD he borrowed, when he knew it wasn't his belonging to discard? I would have been extremely upset.
More importantly why would anyone ever order from DVDSoon?
Old 06-21-06, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

No, posting a thread about what DVD you should buy in the Movie Forum is insane.

And you should be far more upset at having a friend who would throw away something that doesn't belong to him.
Old 06-22-06, 05:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
More importantly why would anyone ever order from DVDSoon?
What's wrong with it...?

Well I'd more call him an ex-friend, so... obviously it's his job to get me a new one, but it can't really be enforced.