Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Major Problem with Bette Davis Collection Vol. 2/ What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Major Problem with Bette Davis Collection Vol. 2/ What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-06, 03:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just received my copy of the subject box set. The title "What Ever Happened to Baby Jane" is supposed to be a two -disc special edition. Here's what happened to me:

The artwork on the cover states correctly "2-Disc Special Edition." However, when you open the keepcase, there is only one disc inside...Disc 2!!! Disc 1 containing the movie is missing.

What is even stranger is that the keepcase is designed for only one disc. It does not have a "flap" or "nub" for a second disc!

I strongly recommend if you purchased the subject box set or the stand-alone DVD of "What Ever Happened to Baby Jane" that you open it immediately to see if you received both discs or not. This box set came from the warehouse shared by Deep Discount/DVD Planet/Digital Eyes.
Old 06-18-06, 06:48 PM

Got mine from Amazon, and it says 2-disc and contains both discs. I bought it on it's own. Not part of the box set.
Old 06-18-06, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wow, that's really bizarre. It could be passed off as a simple mistake if only a disc were missing, but the fact that it's in a box that it shouldn't be is very strange.
Old 06-19-06, 12:10 AM

I still can't figure out how this happened. It's a mind-boggler. DVD Planet/Digital Eyes is looking into this problem. In the box set, the individual DVD cases were not sealed. When I opened the "What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?" DVD case, it was a single disc case and contained only Disc 2! So far in this thread, no one else has claimed to have the same problem. Was this a one-time occurrence by a clever thief?
Old 06-19-06, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I got mine from digital eyes/dvd planet and mine was just fine. I wonder what the hell happened to yours. That's strange, but seeing as the DVDs weren't sealed in this set, it might be the place to start with the stealing.
Old 06-19-06, 12:56 AM

Yes, but the overall box set was factory sealed. So if there was stealing go on, it had to happen before the box set was sealed. I wonder how DVD Planet/Digital Eyes will resolve this problem. I called them on Saturday, and the customer service rep said they would send me an e-mail later this week after talking to their warehouse people.
Old 06-20-06, 01:34 PM

Well folks, did this only happen to me? Am I the one and only "stuffed turkey" in this deal? Why does the old guy have to be screwed all the time?
Old 06-22-06, 02:50 AM

I called DVD Planet/Digital Eyes today to see how they were going to handle the situation with my purchase (missing Disc 1 of the 2-Disc "What Ever Happened to Baby Jane" included in the Bette Davis Collection Vol.2). DVD Planet said they had received no other complaints about this problem. I told the CS that I posted this issue on DVD Talk, and there were no other person who had this problem either. So, maybe it only happened to me! The CS said not to worry, DVD Planet will send me a new Bette Davis box set and a prepaid shipping label to return the old box set. DVD Planet is a class operation! Thank you Mark Harrill, Joanna, and the other customer service folks for resolving this matter fairly and timely. That's it for this problem! Whew!
Old 06-22-06, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Glad you got it all worked out!

I checked mine last night and both discs are there.
Old 06-29-06, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by oldchuckles
I still can't figure out how this happened. It's a mind-boggler. DVD Planet/Digital Eyes is looking into this problem. In the box set, the individual DVD cases were not sealed. When I opened the "What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?" DVD case, it was a single disc case and contained only Disc 2! So far in this thread, no one else has claimed to have the same problem. Was this a one-time occurrence by a clever thief?

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

I received the set last week (from the DDD sale) and watched a few of the other titles in the set. last night, once the Red Sox were obviously slaughtering the Mets, I decided that if I wanted to watch "ugly" I might as well watch Baby Jane.

Single disc case, single disc, NOT the movie, just the extras.

Bummer.

Hopefully DDD will handle this as well as DVD Planet did in your case.