Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

16 Blocks DVD What is the alternate ending?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-06, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 266 Likes on 194 Posts

Saw this in the theater and liked it quite a bit. I am very interested in the alternate ending on the DVD. What is it? Would it have change the movie? I think you can view either ending on the DVD. I have a big backlog of DVD's to get through otherwise I would just rent it and check it out.

Thanks in advance...
Old 06-14-06, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 115 Likes on 102 Posts
Spoiler:
Bruce Willis dies

At least that's what Chris Gore said yesterday on his review of it. It was supposed to be the original ending too.
Old 06-14-06, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mondo Kane
Spoiler:
Bruce Willis dies

At least that's what Chris Gore said yesterday on his review of it. It was supposed to be the original ending too.
Yep, that's correct. Other than that, the "flow" of the ending remains pretty much the same.
Old 06-14-06, 04:47 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If that were the intended ending, it's a good thing the "alternate" ending was used, because the original was horribly edited.
Old 06-14-06, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Spoiler:
He walks into the court house, and the cops run towards him (different than the ending they used) .. He pretty much tells them the same thing..The guy downstairs in the garage tells the guy upstairs to hold off, but he doesn't listen..As Willis is talking and starting to walk upstairs to testify, the guy inside starts to pull his gun, but one of the cops up higher sees it and takes a shot (I think that's the same guy that Willis's ex-partner told at the bus that he shot two of our own)...Willis falls to the floor and I guess starts to play the tape recorder before he died..The chief (I think) starts to walk up and hears the tape and walks back down, and his ex-partner runs in and listens to the tape as he's dying...The ADA tells someone to run and hold the jury or whatever, and they begin to cuff his ex-partner..Mos Def's character still sends a cake to his sister, tho the cake is different..She reads the letter ..Mos Def's character mentions he hadn't heard from Willis' and he knows when his sister walks in a few months later that he's dead
.. I think thats most of it..
Old 06-15-06, 08:33 AM

Spoiler:
That's about right...one of the bad cap actually shoots him but Frank try to save him and ends up getting shot in the process. But willis dies.

The original ending is where the sharp shooter actually saves him by shooting the bad guy.