watch fear factor tonight!

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

watch fear factor tonight!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-06, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Joe Rogan in a fight on tonights fear factor! (6-13-06)

just to see this

What looks to be one of the most controversial (and entertaining) editions of Fear Factor ever is finally set to air. After re-scheduling the show so many times that we’ve lost count, NBC is finally going to air a three-episode “Reality Stars Fear Factor” that features a confrontation between Amazing Race’s Jonathan Baker and Fear Factor host Joe Rogan. The incident occurred after Jonathan’s wife Victoria punched at Jonny Fairplay who had been heckling her during a stunt. Joe Rogan started verbally chastising Victoria, which led to a physical confrontation between Jonathan Baker and Joe Rogan. Reality TV Magazine recently interviewed Jonathan Baker and got his take on exactly what went down between him and Joe Rogan.

Reality TV Magazine: What did Jonny Fairplay say that upset your wife Victoria?

Jonathan Baker: Victoria, you’re a baby and f***ing loser. This was after he and Rogan heckled Victoria for the entire stunt. Victoria felt she was supportive of him when he was doing the stunt. Victoria thought that he was more of a friend then that and would show a little loyalty since we took him to dinner the night before and treated him to many things. Yes, he was playing the game, but Rogan pushed him to go to far. Rogan and the producers fired him up. When you think you have a license to kill, you jump all over it. They gave him that gun to shoot. I was not involved until the end when Rogan went off on Victoria and would not let up. I thought I needed to step in. I said enough and that's when Rogan’s ego blew a fuse and he snapped like time bomb.

Reality TV Magazine: Is Victoria still angry at Jonny Fairplay?

Jonathan Baker: Jon called Victoria the next morning and said he was sorry and told us Rogan put him up to it because it was going to make for good TV. He said he did not know what got in to him after Rogan said bring it on Fairplay.

Reality TV Magazine: There seem to be gaps in the NBC preview video. After we see you get in Joe Rogan's face, then it flashes to what appears to be Joe Rogan trying to put you in a headlock. What happened during the missing segment on the preview video?

Jonathan Baker: I told him “hey enough,” and he moved off Victoria and on to me. It was like calling off a grizzly bear. When this happened he said “don't hey me,” and it went in to the “hey, hey, hey,” and I was saying hey louder and louder. At this point it was a reality game play, and then he slandered us and made another remark about Victoria, by saying we hit each other in private. He does not know me, he has never seen us before. He never even knew who we were until that show. He and the producer who talked to him in his right ear went for it. In my opinion he set us up from the beginning of the show for a payoff like this. I just think they did not think I would go head to head with him. When he said that, I stepped out and looked him dead in the eyes and asked him who the f*** he thought he was and look at me, he snapped, you could see it in his eyes and then he hit me. I went down, got up, he hit me again, and as I was coming up the second time, he put me in a headlock. This is what you saw in the promo clip. I never hit him once or intended to. The set was in a panic. During the filming, producers warned all contestants to stay away from Rogan. When the crew and producers are scared of Joe Rogan, does this not say it all?

Reality TV Magazine: Have you talked to Joe Rogan since the incident?

Jonathan Baker: No.

Reality TV Magazine: Are you still angry at Joe Rogan?

Jonathan Baker: I think he has issues and I do not care for him much. I have a lot of friends that are friends with him and they say he is who you see on TV. This is a small town I am sure one day our paths will cross. For his sake, I hope he does not want a job on one of my film or TV projects.

Reality TV Magazine: The preview clips make it look like the most interesting episode of Fear Factor ever. Why does NBC keep delaying the show?

Jonathan Baker: This was their quote, “During the final stunt, tensions flare and emotions erupt in one of the most explosive fights in "Fear Factor" history.” NBC was great. Now the production company and the executive producer Matt Kuntz was out of line along with Rogan. He was the one talking to Rogan in his ear the entire time. All they had to do was say I am sorry and we will make it right and I would have been over it. In the end, this situation really had nothing to do with me; it was Victoria, Fairplay, and Rogan, and her fears. When Production and Rogan crossed the line, I felt I needed to step in and defend my wife. Here was this big man who hates women yelling at her and she was not a match for this guy in rage. I am sorry it happened. I only wish they felt the same way.

To learn more about Jonathan Baker and Victoria Fuller, check out their website at JonathanBakerandVictorFuller.com.

Reality Stars Fear Factor will feature stars from "Survivor" (Jonny "Fairplay" Dalton and Twila Tanner), "American Idol" (Anthony Fedorov and Carmen Rasmusen), "The Amazing Race" (Victoria Fuller and Jonathan Baker), "The Apprentice" (Craig Williams and Tana Goertz), and "The Real World" (Mike "The Miz" Mizanin and Trishelle Cannatella). In the first stunt, the teams compete in an all-out demolition derby. The men will drive the cars while the women do the shifting, the last car running wins. In the final stunt, each team must collect three skulls hidden in various places around a swamp, including an alligator's lair! The first episode of this three part Fear Factor is set to air on NBC on Tuesday, June 13, 2006 at 8P.M. EST
http://www.realitytvmagazine.com/

Last edited by tucker; 06-14-06 at 08:51 PM. Reason: date
Old 06-13-06, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Still not enough to get me to watch this show.
Old 06-13-06, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

For me, Joe Rogan's significance began and ended with "Newsradio."
Old 06-13-06, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Awesome so far. I love that cutie Carmen
Old 06-13-06, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I was waiting for Joe Rogan to do some MMA shit on Jonathan.
Old 06-13-06, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
What a pair of basket cases.
Old 06-13-06, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I thought this show went away. If it hasn't it should.
You can't get much lower than a show like this.
Old 06-13-06, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
umm...howzabout the OC? That's pretty low if ya ask me..

anyways...dammit, I totally forgot it was on tonight. then again, I haven't paid much attention to anything other than WWE and the Yanks since the Sopranos (midseason) finale. I hope it'll be floating around in cyberspace somewhere..
Old 06-13-06, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by riley_dude
I thought this show went away. If it hasn't it should.
You can't get much lower than a show like this.
What is so bad about this show? I am just curious. It's much better than other reality crap shows.
Old 06-13-06, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Particularly since it's a game show...

Guess I won't have to scour the 'net for it. My trusty 'ol Replay TV capped it (and here I thought I deleted the listing...). Then again, I still have it set to record Ed if someone, anyone ever shows it again.
Old 06-13-06, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by zuffy
I was waiting for Joe Rogan to do some MMA shit on Jonathan.
That's what I thought was gonna happen...what a letdown.
Old 06-13-06, 09:39 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Joe and "The Miz" should have tag-teamed John and Victoria.

... next time on Saturday Night's Main Event!

* I think Johnny Fairplay deserved it... but it was hilarious!
Old 06-14-06, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by zuffy
What is so bad about this show? I am just curious. It's much better than other reality crap shows.
Any show where you have someone eating bugs cant be all that great.
Old 06-14-06, 01:52 AM

It was lame. If you saved it, there's not point it watching it. They show a few seconds of a verbal exchange, and then Rogan with the guy in his hands, just like the promo. They show nothing leading up to it, I'm sure for legal reasons.
Old 06-14-06, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by riley_dude
Any show where you have someone eating bugs cant be all that great.
That is why they call it Fear Factor. How many people are willing to eat that kind of shit or do some of the stunts? It's part of the theme.
Old 06-14-06, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Is Reality TV Magazine really so lame that their editor missed this?

but Rogan pushed him to go to far.
Old 06-14-06, 09:50 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Please put the date in the subject header for "on tonight" posts:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=366302
Old 06-14-06, 10:16 AM

Poor Johnathan. Everyone watching the TAR season he was on, saw him verbally abuse his wife and on top of that gave her a nice little shove out of anger at the end of one leg of the race. Still the one of the most sickening actions I've seen on reality TV when Victoria was upset and crying her head off and he was still berating her. It's too bad Joe didn't beat the hell out of him. The creep certainly deserves it.
Old 06-14-06, 11:42 AM

See it here

For those of you who don't know, Rogan is a stud MMA guy. He heald back or he would have killed this guy. He has called out Wesley Snipes and wants to fight him in the ring, but I don't think Snipes wants any part of him.
Old 06-14-06, 11:46 AM

A little unrelated, but see Rogan choke out a guy on a radio show.

Choke
Old 06-14-06, 11:55 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Joanthan is a hypocrite. He was screaming and hurling insults at Victoria throughout both stunts, but he's suddenly so protective of her feelings when someone else is egging her on.

That said, it was one of the most fun episodes in at least a season or two. The demolition derby stunt was great. I liked that it was a stunt in which every team could participate at the same time, not just taking turns or in groups of two. The second stunt was a good combination of athletic ability and nerve. There was a freshness here that was missing from the short season run this had earlier in the year.
Old 06-14-06, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
I would rather watch a wall than have to see that whore Trashelle flash her ass on the tele.
Old 06-14-06, 03:09 PM

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Rogan sounded like an idiot, I was hoping Victoria would slug him next.
Old 06-21-06, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

No love for the show huh?

Mike is a stud in the show so far. The guy is dominating the challenges.
Old 07-01-06, 02:16 PM

I only caught the first week, any chance I can see eps 2 & 3 somewhere?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.