Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Does Battle Star Galatica S1 have movie on it?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 06-06-06, 04:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see 33, Water and Bastille Day listed on most sites for what is on disc one of BSG S1 but I also thought I remember hearing mini series was added? Was looking at getting this as gift soon and need to know if I need to order Miniseries set with this as well. thanks
Old 06-06-06, 05:10 AM

yes, the miniseries is on disc 1, with the regular series starting on disc 2.
One thing to note, the extras that on the season 1 set are different from the ones in the miniseries stand-alone.
Old 06-06-06, 06:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 255 Likes on 181 Posts
Be careful. The first season was originally released as a Best Buy exclusive box set that did not contain the miniseries and had no bonus features. The opening credits of each episode are also different (they use the UK version for S1). Later, the general release box set included the miniseries and added a bunch of bonus features (and uses the US versions of the episodes).

If you shop at Best Buy, they may still have some of the old version on the shelves.
Old 06-06-06, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Could you list what features from the mini-series did not make it to the S1 set?
Old 06-06-06, 10:08 AM

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by BSTNFAN
Could you list what features from the mini-series did not make it to the S1 set?
The one I know for sure did not make it is called The Lowdown...now here is where it gets confusing. There IS a feature called The Lowdown on the box set, but it is completely different to The Lowdown on the mini-series set.
Personally, I think the uncomfortable moment between Starbuck and Starbuck at Starbucks is worth the price for the mini-series disc.
Old 06-06-06, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BackStJoe
Personally, I think the uncomfortable moment between Starbuck and Starbuck at Starbucks is worth the price for the mini-series disc.
Agreed.

There's also a bunch of deleted scenes on the single disc that didn't get carried over into the box.